• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where is the code box

New Here ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't find the box for code like the quote box but one that keeps the box the same size and offer a scroller so that i don't litter my post when posting any type of code?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're at the right area. Just choose plain or java. It should dump the results into a box for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i ve been using plain nut the box resize upon the loaded text....

so for long text of code i get a huge post....

will test the other codes box to see the result in this post that way we should get a result/answer!

SQL------>

ascvascas

acs

acssc

as

cas

c

asc

as

c

ascas

c

as

cas

c

as

c

as

cas

c

as

ca

sc

as

c

as

c

XML-------->

as

as

s

sa

as

a

s

as

sa

sas

a

s

as

a

s

as

a

s

as

JAVA------->

as

a

s

as

sa

s

a

s

as

sa

s

as

as

sa

s

a

s

a

we'll see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOPE! no luck

every box show all the text istead of giving scrollers!!

Question still on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly what you're looking for, and I don't know why you think posting code in a question about code is littering your post, but try the camera icon. Yes, the camera icon. And please do try it in this thread. I want to see how it arrives in my email box. Last test I did, one person said it appeared as broken image icons (I suspect an MS email client program), and somebody else said the code arrived just fine.

Camera icon:

deleteme.asc

Also, Insert->Syntax Highlighting->{whatever}, appears to use tabs about 5 spaces apart. I like to convert the tabs in my editor to two spaces for better legibility in here.

Insert->Syntax Highlighting->Plain:

// This is just at test of the Jive Talkin' forum.

function test()
{
  NOP;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if you mean where I said I got a broken image icon from any non-image file posted via the camera icon - I meant here in the forum, that's what I see. I also see a broken image in your last post.

broken.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A .js file to see how it turns up in your inbox, inserted via the camera icon:

CSScriptLib.js

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks folks,

Yes, Kath-H, it was your response I was thinking of, thanks for clarifying it for me. I had a nice reply with screen caps & everything, but the forum keeps going down today (from here, anyway). And clicking on [Use Recovered] resulted in a blank message editor. Here's hoping I can sneak this one in between up/down times.

So, short version it is:

I do see the broken image icon in IE and Safari (Win). FF shows just the image alt attribute (the filename), and Opera shows the same, but inside a rectangle. Clicking on the broken image icon does bring up the text of the files. And it doesn't even attempt to do that zoom thing it does with images

Foxchx, the email contained a link to the online file, so it seems to me that using the camera icon is a reasonable substitute when you don't want to use the regular Insert->Syntax Highlighting->{whatever} feature, anyway. Attach Files, of course, is pretty much useless unless they can do something about the queue[1].

[1] GET RID OF IT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhhh, I thought you were just talking about horizontal scrollers, which I know it will put on all too easily!

Sorry, my bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

// This is just at test of the Jive Talkin' forum.

function test()
{
  NOP;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines