Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which Adobe Product For Videos Editing

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have always been a huge fan of adobe but currently I am in a bad situation and I need your suggestion.

I am now put incharge of the video editing department, where our company make videos and send it to clients. It's a multinational company so imagine the professional customer.

The Videos will include Power Point presentation capture with Audio and a huge amount of Video Camera movies.

Our Company Manager suggesting Camtasia, Sony but I heard Adobe has a very good product as well.

Kindly suggest what Adobe Product and Version can support my requirement and also is it better and easy to operate than the above two products.

Thanks...

Waiting for your honest replies...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 09, 2010 Jul 09, 2010

You may produce a MOVIE with Premiere Pro + Encore, or Premiere Elements all-in-one, but since Powerpoint (any computer content) is not part of the DVD specification, neither version of Premiere will do what you want

The Premiere forums are at http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere for more reading

Macromedia Director http://www.adobe.com/products/director/ may do what you want

But... do be aware that no set top DVD player is going to work with computer content... those are only for a movie DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may produce a MOVIE with Premiere Pro + Encore, or Premiere Elements all-in-one, but since Powerpoint (any computer content) is not part of the DVD specification, neither version of Premiere will do what you want

The Premiere forums are at http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere for more reading

Macromedia Director http://www.adobe.com/products/director/ may do what you want

But... do be aware that no set top DVD player is going to work with computer content... those are only for a movie DVD... so you will need to use a computer for a disc with mixed content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another Point. If any of your DVD's are to used on the Mac Platform Please note Auto Run has never been allowed on Mac Platform In the Past and perhaps even now other platforms allowed auto run which would/will allow all types of Malware to be installed run them. Steve Jobs ans other at apple made a concious decision to not allow auto run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As John points out, PowerPoint is not quite ready for PrPro, but is getting closer. One user, Chuck McIntyre, IIRC, recently posted to the PrPro forum on the new PowerPoint, and how much better it has gotten. Still, with a bit of planning, and Exporting in PowerPoint, one can assemble a video around a presentation.

With the mentioned combo of PrPro + Encore (bundled together), one can produce DVD-Videos, or BD (Blu-ray Discs). One can also do fairly sophisticated Audio editing, but for more heavy-duty work, either a PrPro suite with Soundbooth, or the full-featured, pro app., Audition (coming to the Mac soon), will work well, and you can link to it from PrPro.

Good luck, and we'll see you in the PrPro forum.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the THREAD on PowerPoint to PrPro, by Chuck McIntyre.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2010 Jul 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Smith, John and Hunt.

Thanks alot, I was not expecting such a comprehensive and awesome replies.

Thanks alot..

Received a call from Manager and we will be using Two Technologies :), PowerPoint Capture will be done by Camtasia as we are already using it and have recently upgraded from 6 to 7.

@John I am abit confused on your last statement. Can you please explain it abit.

Let me clarify more my requirements:

We will be shooting on a 720P Camera or Cam Corders and I guess it's HD.
We will be conducting Interviews and more Class room trainings on a White Board.

We will capture that and remove the noisy or unwanted part and then distribute it online as well as on CD's or DVD's.

I guess it's pretty much simple.

So please give me your Final suggestions:
Director or Premiere Pro + Encore or Premiere Elements.

"Just Curious: Why Adobe has so many products for a single thing"

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2010 Jul 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this forum

was only for

discussions on the forums themselves? If Stars and Contributors do not preach with their example, what can we expect of newcomers? And as I see it, this change is not being impossed on us by Adobe.

Extra line breaks kindly provided by the non updated software of this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2010 Jul 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

You make a good point. John T. had pointed the OP to the proper forum, and I added a link to research on the way over.

My bad,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, at the time of posting this, the thread was 7 posts long...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did I made any mistake or you want me to bring this Question to the Premiere Forum.

Thanks for all the help..

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2010 Jul 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro + Encore (I already provided a link) will create a MOVIE DVD that will play on a standalone player connected to a TV... this is ONLY for content that is according to the DVD specification, so computer content is not included

Director (I already provided a link) will create a mixed media disc to run on a computer, but not, as far as I know, a standalone player connected to a TV... but you will need to go to the link I provided and read, and maybe also find the forum for Director

So... how 'bout a Mod lock this message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm aware that this forum is for the forums, but where exactly is the correct place to ask a question like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The links I provided upstream are correct, for the two different types of content... but that is only if you already know the products

Since the OP did not know, and was asking a general question, I provided links to the two correct areas

I have no idea if the OP has gone to either link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I meant was: if you have a question and have no idea where to ask it (a "which product do I use for..." question), there seems to be a recurring theme here where people don't know where to go.

Actually, I am "people" in this case too.  (But not soylent green.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks I went through all the links.

Thanks alot for your kind replies...

I accept the answers and this thread can be locked...

I am sorry for the trouble by posting in the wrong place. But I think new people gets always problems in Forum like this as to where to post....

Thanks for direccting. Next Time I will try to ask in the correct Forum by thoroughly analyzing the Forums...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines