• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why are we all diddling around in here?

Engaged ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More and more, of late, i'm beginning to see the futility of posting here. Initially, from some members, there was sarcasm... later it became absurdity... none of which detracts from the simple fact that these Jive ACE forums (fora) are a bunch of excreta. (One can't even do a simple cut and paste in the message box without getting into gymnastics.)

It's also quite clear that nothing is going to change or improve – very much – for the better. John C made it quite clear in his progress report when he spoke about fiddling with minor issues.

To wit:

1/ NNTP is gone. With it, i suspect, the backbone of contribution to the Adobe forums

2/ The points system is here to stay. Live with it, ignore it, lust after it, die by it... whatever... It's immaterial.

3/ The Question Answered excreta is here to stay. (For comments, please see latter half of 2/ above.)

4/ There will be no 'memory' of last visited posts in a thread. Your option will be simple and comprise of two:
     a/ Start from the beginning and go down... or
     b/ start from the last and go up.

5/ Moderators and hosts are freaking out and getting far more intrusive. Live with it.

6/ Whatever else someone may wish to add...

In short, i shall now try and use these fora (forums) as a resource – a selfish one albeit – rather than a kind of home... a place to cruise thru and pick up knowledge and information, while contributing what little i have to offer in return.

Cheers,

JJ

PS: For those of you hoping to see the last of me... hope in vain! I'll be around... occasionally...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm finding that I don't want to contribute much here anymore. I'm finding myself coming in less and less. Its just too much of a PITA to help people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've lost that loving feeling........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with original post 100%.

These forums have been demoted from must see a few times a day to very occasional visits.

They are still part of my Firefox startup, but I mostly close the tabs without even looking. There is just hassle and very little to appreciate and learn or share.

Email notification also seems to have gone for a loop for me now.

I'm not the sort of guy who yearns for the good old days, but heck, as far as the Adobe forums are concerned I will miss them forever it seems.

Cheers

(ummmmmm, that doesn't seem right – nothing to cheer about here)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Especially with the reply page crashing my browser every now and then. It seems they don't want people to respond...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joziG wrote:

Cheers

(ummmmmm, that doesn't seem right – nothing to cheer about here)

One can always drown one's sorrows with one's favourite tipple... reboot, reformat and suddenly, the world looks rosier! Unfortunately, rolling back one's drivers is not an option

So, Cheers! Cry havoc! and forget them dang drivers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like adobe!

just kidding! too good a line to waste!

They are still part of my Firefox startup, but I mostly close the tabs without even looking. There is just hassle and very little to appreciate and learn or share.

and as i reported on like day 1 or 2 of the new forums, the 2 tabs i have starting with adobe forums are always the LAST to complete their load by several seconds (on a good day!)... after which of course, i either have to re-log in or reload the pages to clear the 404 errors.

john c and adobe personell, the jive forums REALLY are a joke. surely you guys see that, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woo hoo! All our troubles are over.

screenshot_02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How so?

???

What am I missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be, it's been there a month and I've just noticed it ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed what?  How does that make all our troubles go way? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. What I'm getting at it is, I've just noticed the fancy new logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it at the top of the Adobe page but not on the search box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. It's top left on the products page, but there the search box doesn't have it. The screenshot I showed is from this page. Products page:

screenshot_03.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just thought it was relevant to 'diddling around'. Somebody needs to stop pratting about and get some bloody work done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OTOH I'm all excited now - will my favicon change????!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well whaddya know? The red block has now moved, on the forum page, out of the search box. Gosh, I'm so glad Adobe is busy getting the important stuff right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're just having trouble emulating the look of the Adobe store, but they don't seem to know how to accomplish that.

AAAAAAAAdobeStore.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and it's such a niiiice new logo too!

Are they out of their tiny minds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now, Adobe's joined us in the diddling

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new logo was made using the new Windows 7 RC1 paint program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just come here to see the unbelievable carnage.

It's like going into the family home after a rocket hit during the war.

The new red logo is not unlike the red banner that used to be hung from the balconies in the square after yet another peaceful village had been taken over.

This used to be a fantastic place. It's now memories of times gone by, and maybe catching a few words with someone, also wandering around in disbelief, who also used to enjoy the life that was once here;  It is all a memory now.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new red logo is not unlike the red banner that used to be hung from the balconies in the square after yet another peaceful village had been taken over.

lol! that's what i was thinking! holland wwii when the allies landed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

lol! that's what i was thinking! holland wwii when the allies landed!

Mmmm... They're back... 55 years later... and in a different arena... but no less. Accounts for:

1/ the whole indifference to the users in the forums

2/ the ridiculous point system

3/ The Correct Answer excreta

4/ The heavy-handed forum hosts/moderators who lock threads and mark questions anwered at their own free will

5/ The heavy-handed forum hosts/moderators who treat anyrthingother than the straight-and-narrow, head-to-the-ground, etc.-etc.-etc- as abuse and delete threads and posts...

Heil Adobe! (Just change the last two letters...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still hoping: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/451399

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines