• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is "Mac" is not a popular tag filter ?

Mentor ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Why is "Mac" or "Mackintosh" or "Apple"  is not a popular tag filter ?

Or why the discussion forum do not use a simple "system" questionary before posting a question ? Like I see on some other forums. That can be use as "meta" fields, so we can filter the forum for let's say "Windows" or "Apple". This could make the forum more "User" friendly.

I'm a Adobe user from day one, and a Mac user since day one. "Windows" troubleshooting is out of my realm, but I need to go through all the forum posts to find relevant posting dealing with users using "mac" instead of "windows".

Mind you, I can see a "windows" filter.

Thanks for any feedback.

Pierre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of things on this forum that need fixing. However, Adobe is trying to do as much as they can, but these forums are created/run by Jive, and it's been very challenging to try to get improvements. This is a daily conversation with the Mods and Adobe staff. The Adobe staff who are in charge of these forums are doing a great job considering what they're giving to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

( and you just set your response as correct ? ) Is this automatic ?

these forums are created/run by Jive, and it's been very challenging to try to get improvements.

Why is "windows" a filter ? and not "Apple" ?

There are alternatives to "Jive". That said, I think I posted in the wrong place.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was my response marked correct? if so, I wasn't aware of that. I don't know why windows would be a filter and Apple wouldn't be. As you said, there are alternatives, but then getting Adobe to change and find something better may not be an easy task. Yes there is a forum to post comments about the forum. I'll move the post there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Yes there is a forum to post comments about the forum. I'll move the post there.

Thanks, I did not found it.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thank you to connecting me to the right forum.

I still would like to "filter" the Adobe forums ( all software forums ), from people using "Apple" from "Windows".

Is this not possible with "Jive" ?

Thanks

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2015 Dec 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Experience seems to show that almost nothing is possible with Jive. It is an application not suitable for forums such as this, and I understand that the version used now is dated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines