Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win7 64bit and Internet Explorer 10

Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to IE10 and I am having intermittent problems posting to forums

Since the forums are also being changed, I'm not sure if I should point the finger at IE10 or the forums

Another data point... pressing the Enter key sometimes does not work, I need to press shift+Enter for a new line

And, I will be typing on a new line and the cursor will jump back to the previous line... which I **think** I remember was a past problem with forum code

Also, randomly, when I click to post what I have written, a pop-up box asks if I want to leave the page... and then the post key does NOT work

ADDED

Seems the problem was IE10 - which I have put in "compatibility mode" for the forums, and all now works as it should

Sigh... there are days that I just really hate software updates!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem, but I am still IE9. Yes, Shift-Enter works.

And compatibiity mode works also.

I don't think anything on this laptop has changed since this was working correctly last night.

Edit: after compatibility mode, it does not prompt for "leaving" the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... since you are still on IE9 and my problems began after updating to IE10, I have to wonder if there were ALSO some changes to the forum "script"

Oh well... one step forward in one area, and 3/4 of a step backwards in another area

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used IE10 for quite a while on Windows 7 x64, and haven't had the kinds of problems I'm seeing this evening.

One problem I had initially was with "double quote" characters, and I was able to clear it up by going through the IE10 [Reset...] button in the Advanced settings tab.  Then, of course, I had to reconfigure everything I prefer to be non-default.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, type a space, then hit the left arrow.  Enter seems to work if you "push" a character in front of the cursor.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are workarounds for some of the problems. I did not find one for failure of image insertion, however.

Anyway,. I just set Adobe to "compatibility mode" and no problems. Except it is kind of a shame that their functionality is not up to speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 18, 2013 Apr 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan Jones wrote:

Anyway,. I just set Adobe to "compatibility mode" and no problems. Except it is kind of a shame that their functionality is not up to speed.

Whose functionality is not up top speed?  Adobe's or Microsoft's?

Microsoft is always behind when it comes to conforming to W3C standards.  We've always had to apply workarounds when it comes to designing websites but since IE9 and IE10 there is a huge improvement in this respect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always a good question. I expect the forums to work; when I don't change my end, and it starts behaving badly, I'll assume adobe. But not fretting about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

professional.pirate wrote:

In this case, Adobe's.  It has been working on IE10, and now it doesn't.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines