• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wonder how many people have left.

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2009 Jul 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any stats? I would be curious how many people have left these forums. How are they doing? 😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2009 Jul 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Does that mean you can post twice as much?

Hunt

PS, just got logged out for the fifth time today. Some times, I can stay logged-in for three full days. Today is not one of those...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

Phillip,

Does that mean you can post twice as much?

Hunt

No I only reply to threads that interest me or that I can help in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was hoping.

I also asked a question in a similar thead about "people leaving," and am curious about your observations. If you have a moment, please do a follow up there.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2009 Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

A good way to look at it, and well-stated.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Their contributions, and the valuable discussions which they stimulated, will be sorely missed by those who come to the forums for help and to learn.

John,

That is true and very saddening. Just as saddening is the loss of so many great and useful threads from many of the fora. Some survived the changeover, but most (in the fora, that I hang out) did not. Google still finds their titles, but now the links are all dead. Fortunately, a few folk are trying to reclaim much of the lost material (like the FAQ's in some fora), and re-post the "good parts."

Not only are the thinker gone, but also their thoughts...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 20, 2009 Jul 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I just wrote elsewhere, I'm just about giving up.

The last straw is the censorship vendetta being carried out by the upstart Zeno Bokor.  No point in even calling it to the attention of the powers that be.  Have others seen his mug shot?  Not only would I never buy a used car from anyone who looks like that, but I wouldn't even open the door of my house to such a creature.  Scary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see your point Ramon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, come on! Your mug shot is enough to give an impressionable young thing recurring nightmares Ramón! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You well know what we're talking about here, Joslin.  You're not that stupid.

My horned Aries ram is playful fantasy.

The thug face is real.  It does look like a genuine mug shot.  Not only does it not inspire trust, it instills instant mistrust, fear and revulsion, and one doesn't have to be young or impressionable to perceive that.    As a matter of fact, it's scary for a septuagenarian like me to see such a character approaching my front door.  I wouldn't open the door.  I'd call the police.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2009 Jul 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with your remarks about that other mug shot.

Just out of curiosity, why did you put a copyright sign on yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To protect the copyrights to my work and the rights to use of my countenance as I see fit.  You mean you didn't know what copyrights are?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you posted it on the forum so now Adobe has the rights to it lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They may know someone who could Photoshop the copyright . . . then they

could make big bucks selling the image!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Steal Ramón's ram image and remove copyright logo.

3. PROFIT!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

1. Steal Ramón's ram image and remove copyright logo.

3. PROFIT!!!

Profit for Ramón and his trial attorneys. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol! i give up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

But you posted it on the forum so now Adobe has the rights to it lol.

No, Adobe has nothing of the sort.

The hacks who wrote the conditions contained in the Terms of Use are worthless corporate hacks that would starve to death as litigants or sole practitioners.  Their clauses are invalid.

Adobe's pockets are deep enough that there would be swarms of trial attorneys willing to take Adobe on, on a contingency basis, if it ever tried to misuse an image posted here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 25, 2009 Jul 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course you are using your vast experience as such a trial attorney to form your opinions. Do you have any supporting precedents to back up your claim(s) ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 25, 2009 Jul 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see… I temporarily unplonked this bloke as my curiosity was stirred by seeing his initials as the last poster in the thread in the forum index.

As usual this bicycle-riding French Canadian (the space before the question mark gives him away ) is under the delusion that people owe him explanations.  I don't and you don't either.

For the rest of you who may be interested in the frivolity of the forums terms of use, I'll point out that I do in fact have three decades of uninterrupted courtroom experience through June of 2005.  Corporate lawyers are pretty much useless as litigants, that's why corporations use outside law firms when they get sued.

All those one-sided clauses you see all over the place are null and void.

Remember those "Not liable for theft or loss of items left in your car" notices you see in parking garages?  Null and void.  Of course they're liable!  The notices are meant to intimidate people into swallowing their losses and not suing—and in that sense they are effective to the degree you allow them to be.

Just think:  if I set up a sign on my lawn saying that by setting foot on my property you forfeit all your rights and will be shot on the spot, do you think the police are going to let me get away with murder if I shoot you?  Of course not.

Nobody is going to sue a little church newsletter for misuse of a photograph, it just isn't worth it.  But with deep pockets like Adobe's, there will be literally swarms of trial attorneys eager to file suit on your behalf, entirely on a contingency basis.

Don't let Adobe bully you into believing otherwise.  If they misuse your photographic work, they'll pay.  And their attorneys know it too.

Heaven knows what Canadian law is like, but I'm basing my position on US law as practiced in the Northern District of California, where Adobe's headquarters are located.

[EDITED typo in date]

=========

* Plonk again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón G Castañeda wrote:

<wtf-PWNED SDA>

=========

* Plonk again!

+5 JivePoints©.. lol

On topic, have we gotten a surge of some new "forum comment commentators"?  That's a good sign..... right... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As usual a lot of rhetoric with little to no substance Ramon. First of all I asked for precedents not tangential blathering designed to impress us how intelligent you believe you are. Second I'm not French Canadian and yes I ride a bicycle, although what this has to do with the subject at hand, only one not on their med's, would be able to figure out ...

3rdly if you go to all the trouble to "Plonk" one, then keeping undoing it just because you can't help yourself -- Says more about you dear Ramon then moi. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

…I asked for precedents…

Get your own Nexis-Lexis account, or pay another attorney his regular consulting fees.

On the cheap you may be able to pull it off on FindLaw.com, if you know what you're doing.

Only the French, Wallonians and French Canadians add a space before a question mark.

You could still be a native English speaker though, a lot of natives can't get the difference between then and than, which you always misspell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I suspected; you were stating something as fact with nothing to back it up ! I'm surprised that one supposedly called to the bar, doesn't research a subject before stating one as an authority on such subject.

P.S. I thought you had me plonked again ?! Make up your mind there fella.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't cite any precedent to the contrary, SDA (sorry, I've forgotten your first name).  [Nor could Adobe.]

Such a ludicrous defense against charges of copyrights infringement as "there was a public notice" or "the terms of use" (where no consideration was given to the copyright holder) doesn't even get litigated.  It gets thrown out by the court in the first round of arguments without request for a briefing even if some half-a$$ed attorney is willing to offend the court with such a frivolous argument.

If your property is stolen from your car in a parking garage with such a ridiculous public notice, go ahead and make a claim.  If the garage owner denies it, his attorney will settle on the courthouse steps.

If Adobe misuses your image(s) (which, by the way, I doubt the Adobe legal department would even let Adobe do, ever) go ahead and sue.  You will recover.  The Adobe legal department will see to it that the case gets settled.  Corporate attorneys are eminently chicken, that's one of the reasons they retain outside litigant firms.  (Another reason is the awareness of their weaknesses as litigants.)

Nevertheless, it's understandable that creative professionals are incensed by the mere suggestion of such a presumptuous clause.

Don't be so concerned about my plonking and unplonking exercises.  It's a two-mouse-click operation: one to enable or disable the script, one to reload the page.  As to whether I do or don't, that's none of your business in the first place.  No one tells me when to plonk or not to unplonk. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Premiere Pro and Encore, we've lost a good dozen regular contributors. In Premiere Elements, I'd say about five. Obviously, some could have new screen names (as I ended up with), so one might not recognize them.

How many "hangers-on," would be anybody's guess.

Amongst the fora, that I frequent, I will say that it seems about four different, er-r-r less than respected posters bit the dust.

Would be interesting to get some kind of idea, but the Adobe fora span such a broad area, I cannot imagine that even they could put real numbers to it.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines