• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wouldn't it be Nice?

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's January, 2011.  A time for contemplation over things past and resolutions about how to make things better in the coming year.

Wouldn’t it be nice if Adobe would bury the hatchet and reinstate the membership of those who complained a little too bitterly about this bleeping JIVE software?

What’s it been?  A couple of years now?

I personally have (this day) ordered a new camera and then come to understand Adobe doesn’t do updates of Camera RAW for any but the very latest version of it’s software.  This realization has forced me into Adobe’s Forums, something I’ve been avoiding out of respect for those who have been banned.

It really bothers me to think there must be others in a similar situation.  People who were  Adobe customers in the past.  People who may find themselves needing to upgrade their Adobe software - people needing information to make a decision about a potential purchase, but locked out.

It doesn’t seem right.

Please let them back in, if they are willing to come.

(And I don’t mean anyone who truly did make any threats against anyone else.  I mean those loyal Adobe customers who lived and breathed these forums and cared so much about them that they were willing to spend their time and energy trying to keep these forums the lively, functional, interesting places they USED to be before the switch to this JIVE mess.)

Patrice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Patrice, that would indeed be a very nice and decent move from Adobe. But then, so it would that the bugs in these forums that have been hunting us for these two years were fixed. I fear that, however desirable these two things may appear for us users, they are very unlikely to happen. Pity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Patrice.

For me the loss of friends is the worse part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

voicing solidarity. hi paz! hope you had a nice holiday!

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted the same request in the Lounge a couple of months  ago.  I didn't post here because of fear that it would be ruled "off topic".  I hoped that the response would be so great that the result could not be ignored.  There were a few replies supporting lifting the bans. There were also replies such as "Why" "Who cares" and "They don't want to come back".  That along with more complaints about Jive software which had nothing to do with the topic of the bans.  The topic soon went to page two, then was gone.

While there were a couple (at most) of people that may have deserved to be banned, the vast majority did not.  I will never understand how Adobe could allow such a thing to happen to the most helpful people.  My protest consists of simply not purchasing every Photoshop upgrade as I previously did.

I support lifting the bans and will always believe that Adobe could correct this if they cared at all about their customers.  It would be the right thing to do and would go a long way to restoring the respect that I once had for Adobe.

Q

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Q Photo wrote:

I support lifting the bans and will always believe that Adobe could correct this if they cared at all about their customers.  It would be the right thing to do and would go a long way to restoring the respect that I once had for Adobe.

Q

Unfortunately, Adobe does not seem to care very much, if at all, about such things. And it looks as if the strong, knowledgeable, and cooperative community there was in the Fair Forums will never be restored. Also, the official and semi -official comments in the sense that those banned and those leaving on their own would soon be replaced by new blood seem to have been just wishful thinking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2011 Jan 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kath Howard

Buko

Anne Shelbourne

Phosphor

Those names come to mind right away.  But it's been a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines