• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit A Post is a Normal Thing In Every Other Forum

Participant ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What bright spark decided to ban users from editing posts ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on More, what options do you get? Assuming, that is, that you get a More option after Follow...

The editing rules are basically that you can edit your post until somebody else replies to it - after that, editing is not available. Yes there have been a lot of comments on the appropriate part of the Support Community about this, but I don't think it's going to change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest post won't edit:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you'll just have to be more careful before posting! There is, after all, a Preview button...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not a proffessional way to treat people "Adobe Community Professional" "Be kind and respectful" ?? you should be supporting me, or are you an old guard trying to be loyal to the leader and not speak up where you see an issue ? maybe it is easier to get rid of the users that speak up ?

There is no normal browser red underling for spell check. They must be getting some sort of el cheapo deal with this forum software as it just total Cr#p. That's how things stay in the past, you get users coming here and suggest things only to be attacked and got rid of by the old guard. Nothing will change if good men sit back and do nothing when they see injustices. Speak up don't be afraid that Adobe will get rid of you, you don't want to be an enabler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought it was just me that was singled out by SteveG as the last time I was here talking about MIDI it was just endless attacks.

All I was trying to do is show ways you can work with MIDI inside Audition.

I have been looking at tempo map posts with usesrs who clearly know what they are talking about asking why you would not have that.

And sure enough, there you go old guard SteveG attacking.

I have no idea in the world why Adobe tolerate this as it puts users off from even coming here.

I really do try to avoid coming here, the only reason was I posted an example of the Band In A Box Plugin that is working good in Audition after much time spent getting things sorted in beta testing.

In the other forums I go out of my way to help any users no matter what sort of issues they have I don't be little them.

If they have suggestions I go into beta and work with ideas that can be implemented.

"Adobe Community Professional" come on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>What bright spark decided to ban users from editing posts ?

I don't work for Adobe but these forums are constantly subjected to attacks by spammers and abusers. Adobe rents the forum software from a 3rd party and cannot change the underlying code driving the forums.

So, as a workaround late last year, Adobe decided to remove the editing ability for newcomers until they reach a certain "rank" on the forums i.e. they post several times over a period of time and are therefore unlikely to be "troublemakers". It has worked quite well so far in terms of practically eliminating spam and abuse.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/edit-forum-post-still-not-fixed/td-p/11484819

That said, @MusoCity, since you have been on these forums for a while, you may have been inadvertently caught up in the changed permissions set up by Adobe last year. Suggest you PM @Sil.C (she's an Adobe employee on the team which runs the forums) to see how you can restore your edit privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @John Waller , we added the permissions retroactively to all users that reached the required rank.
@MusoCity despite being a user for a number of years, your activity hasn't reached the threshold for the ranking required to be able to edit posts. It's a combination of tenure, likes, posts, and replies. Can't share the exact number, though. Keep participating and you'll soon be able to!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"ranking required to be able to edit posts" LOL get out into the real world, everywhere you go you can edit posts.

Yes I'm here to post SPAM then edit my post and add more SPAM. Grow up guys ! or do you need to have a corporrate boardroom meeting with all the executives to change this ? honestly, ask yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it's a unique solution that I've not seen in any other forum. Thing is, it has worked for Adobe.

Regardless, at least you have the answer to your original question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you drop a nuclear bomb on a terroist hide out that would work for sure, thing is don't worry about the collateral damage this is a unique solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the ACPs were ... to be polite ... not particularly impressed with this forum software "platform" when Adobe adopted it to replace their old and outdated previous platform. They've removed some of the more awful and even some of the simply irritating bits, but ... there's some things that are just not what a typical forum user expects.

In general we do tend to be practical types. Complain about the things what need changing in the most effective way to do so ... then get about getting work done.

So at times, when you see posts where ACPs or other suggest how to simply get the job done, realize that never implies any of us think that's the best way it should work.

It's just how to get something done right now, out the door and to the nice paying client.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're preaching to the converted @MusoCity. We agree with you - and have previously raised the points you've mentioned with Adobe. Removing editing privileges is a workaround, not a feature. But it is what it is.

Most ACPs (forum regulars) find this Khoros forum software to be ... unique. I've never seen a platform like it myself. Many workarounds have had to be implemented to provide what should be standard forum features. There's also a large list of bugs and feature requests which Adobe/Khoros are slowly picking their way through. Even simple fixes have to be slowly rolled out in phases globally to ensure nothing breaks. Rollbacks are not uncommon.

But tt's a vast improvement compared to when this forum was first rolled out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it how it has this wonderful feature ABC spellcheck, it blocks the normal spellcheck that every browser has and sells it as a feature.

I went to the Cubase forum recently and they have changed their forum software to some #%# software that Ardour also uses, but they still have EDIT 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi@MusoCity 

I see you have only 56 posts so far.  Only Adobe staff and forum moderators can edit posts. Individual forum users earn the privilege to edit their own posts after they have been active participants for a while and earned enough merit badges.  This is nothing unusual.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"earned enough merit badges" I remember them in kindergarten little golder starts we used to get.

I have been in hospitals half dead for five years, close to death, left my body, been into other dimensions and all I did through all that was help other people and not think about my self, and you tell me I have not earned enough merit badges to edit my own post !

Are you guys for real ? Grow UP !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, she's a volunteer here, another user, and a good helper for tons of people. All she did was note reality. Neither she nor I nor any other of the ACPs on here had a say in anything about this.

In fact, the employees managing these user-to-user forums didn't have much of a say either I don't think. This was Upper Management wisdom.

And as to 'earning' things like the ability to edit a post, yea, I've seen that on some other forums. This ain't the only one. I don't agree with it but hey, like you, I can't change it either.

The ACPs do a ton of help across the Adobe user forums. And yea, when this new software replaced the wretched one they had before, most of us thought they went from bad to ... oh freaking my. And gave pretty point-blank "feedback" to staffers about our views.

Most of the worst of the forum's silly mess have been fixed, thankfully. But this, like a few other things, still exists. Sadly

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...and you tell me I have not earned enough merit badges to edit my own post!"

============

@MusoCity,

Yes.  It's nothing personal. In case you haven't noticed, the Internet is rife with 8 year olds, fools & imbeciles who can't be trusted to behave themselves. 

Forum mods do what we can to curb abuses when we see them but we cannot police everyone at all times. Therefore, "earning one's stripes" arose out of necessity.  As I understand it, this was a deliberate decision made by the folks in charge of this community platform.  The forum policy is what it is.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wonder what's the expression to use... English is not my mother language.. Maybe :"Couldn't agree with you more"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines