Issues with new forums

Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things are a bit slow to download/render.  I hope that will be fixed as the new servers are replicated/tuned/whatever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issues with new forums

Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things are a bit slow to download/render.  I hope that will be fixed as the new servers are replicated/tuned/whatever.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2009 0
Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a few people gripinig that the avatars aren't being instantly approved for them.

Give it some time folks - the new forums just got started.

And remember that the avatar approval process is manual - someone has to look over the images and approve them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2009 0
Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default font size in posts is way too small.  WAAAY too small.  And there doesn't seem to be any way to adjust it as a practical matter.  If someone posts at 10 points in this software, it comes out much less than 10/72 inch.  And there is no excuse for allowing posts to be at 8 points.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2009 0
Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does it mean that the question is "possibly answered"?  That people have issues?  This item isn't a question, it's a place to collect issues.  There are no answers, and probably will be no fixes for many of the issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2009 0
Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you make a thread you have the option to make it a question in which case you as the OP get to award points to people. If you don't want to see those yellow buttons then i suggest that you deselect that option as it's on by default(it's just beneath the thread name)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2009 0
Apr 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to have my name display as "Michael D Sullivan" which is my chosen "screen name" here and was also my user name on the old forum?  The screen name displays properly up top, where my avatar is greeted, "Welcome, Michael D Sullivan", but in the forum postings my middle initial is omitted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 05, 2009 0
Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael D Sullivan wrote:

Would it be possible to have my name display as "Michael D Sullivan" which is my chosen "screen name" here and was also my user name on the old forum?  The screen name displays properly up top, where my avatar is greeted, "Welcome, Michael D Sullivan", but in the forum postings my middle initial is omitted.

You can add your initial without affecting your account in other ways by clicking the account link at the top of the page. Just add it to the first name field.

If people what their comments seen, and more likely answered, the main comments section that the forum staff and developers are watching is at http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2009 0
Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I know.  I've already said this.

Making the font larger to suit ones needs is sometimes necessary.  The real problem is the fact that the width of the posting area is fixed.

Solution:  Let the USER decide the width which is appropriate, even if that means adjusting the width of the browser window.  In other words, give the us more control.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2009 0
Apr 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

You can add your initial without affecting your account in other ways by clicking the account link at the top of the page. Just add it to the first name field.

That worked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2009 0
Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about all the other issues ? Do you guys have a list ? What is it ? Is it ordered ? How long till email is unborked ? Or has the right headers ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2009 0
Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not on the forums team - I'm a user of the forums just like you are.

I just want a record of the problems I see.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2009 0