Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe monthly billing with a yearly plan - my story

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, 

I want to tell you my story. About 8 months ago, I decided to try Adobe because I wanted to learn how to edit videos. I opened the website and chose to pay monthly, but because English is not my primary language and the website seemed quite confusing to me, I did not know that even though I am paying monthly, the subscription is for the whole year.

After like 2 months when I did not really use the app at all due to being busy at work, I decided to cancel my subscription. The guy on the line (I chatted with him on the chat) told me that I am paying monthly, but the subscription is yearly, so I can cancel it but I'd have to pay 50% of the remaining amount to pay for the whole year.

So I just wanted to know if this is okay from Adobe because I am quite angry about this issue. I did not want to pay that much money at once so I just left the subscription be as it is.

Please tell me your experience and if this is normal in Adobe.

Regards,

Jan Kopejtko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

these are user-to-user forums.  ie, you're not addressing adobe here.

also, i cannot clearly read that czech text, but if you think it releases you from a one year commitment, you can re-contact adobe support and make your case.  i'm pretty sure you'll need those screenshots (or whatever it is that proves you were not informed about a one year commitment).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, you should have changed website language.*

but even with using your native language it's possible to misunderstand, but you subscribed for a lower monthly subscription cost and accepted the one year commitment.

change adobe.com website language - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1999693

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad: So it is normal and okay here in Adobe? I see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it's actually pretty clear when you subscribe:

kglad_0-1664805872884.png

here's more information, https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html#cancel

p.s. you should change adobe.com website language to make it easier to read - https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1999693

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this is not how I ordered the product! I did it like this:

Jan22400212c63x_0-1664806188981.png

There is 62,99 per month, but no mention of annual subscription! Should have been 755.88 a year, paid monthly!

It then took me to this next screen, where the information is still insufficient:

Jan22400212c63x_1-1664806303224.png

This is where the confusion began and it is your mistake and your fault. I demanded a cancellation after 2 months and was asked to pay for the remaning 10 months, 50% of the value. You guys are thieves and I might consider sueing you. Also I will tell everybody I know NOT to buy this product.

Before buying the product I honestly did not understand the public hate but now I do. This experience has already cost me a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are user-to-user forums.  ie, you're not addressing adobe here.

also, i cannot clearly read that czech text, but if you think it releases you from a one year commitment, you can re-contact adobe support and make your case.  i'm pretty sure you'll need those screenshots (or whatever it is that proves you were not informed about a one year commitment).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it can be confusing. But still, you are telling only half of the story:

It then took me to this next screen, where the information is still insufficient:

By @Jan22400212c63x

Abambo_0-1664839206179.png

Which translates to "Subscription Annually, billed monthly"

The dropdown brings the different other options:

Abambo_1-1664839433583.png

The first is the monthly subscription, the last is the prepaid subscription.

The next screen, where you enter your payment data, you didn't click the "Subscription and Cancellation terms".

Abambo_2-1664839877103.png

Agreed upon the fact that it is a lot of clicks, but when I'm taking a subscription, I read the terms and especially my way out, if I want to cancel.

However, this should not prevent you from contacting support and negotiating a way out of the contract. With a little friendly persistence, you may get Adobe to terminate the contract without the additional costs. Good luck.

I've observed that Adobe adapts the information it gives to potential buyers according to the region you are in. That may be a translation error, but it may also be that some countries are asking more precise information to the consumer, it may also be, that it takes time to adapt all the localized screens. I have, however, no idea what the reason is. The screen, as shown by @kglad looks like a new layout, that is clearer and shows the options without a drop box.

(as @kglad stated, we are users, not Adobe.)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Account, Payment, & Plan forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines