• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I keep getting An Adobe account can be used by only one person — and not shared, popup!!!!

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this popup alert. I have a licence and I am using it on my desktop and laptop. I have reached out to adobe a few times and they tell me too many people are logged in and simply send me the link to the devices page on my account. I then send them a screenshot of only the two devices and they tell me that I have to log out of all the adobe products on one device before using the other!!!! I have been an adobe customer since its inception and this is the biggest waste of time. I understand cracking down on unlicenced users but when you are effecting paying customers you are going to loose them. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows two currently signed in with the Adobe CC app: the desktop I'm on right now, and my laptop sitting next to me. But to jordenmatthew's point, I can sign in on my desktop again in Chrome for example, to look at my account settings (or post to the community board lol), and it will show that as a totally different login instance, despite the desktop app that holds the actual programs, already being signed in. So there's my "3rd device", despite that type of login having no way of using the licensed apps (which is the whole point of this on Adobe's side, I'm sure.)

But again, here's the kicker. Adobe explictly states you can be signed in to your Adobe account on as many devices as you want. I could have 50 machines for all intents and purposes, but only 2 can be activated, ie: Adobe CC is open, apps are installed, and things like files and fonts are synced and live. And then only one of those two activated devices can have the CC apps open and doing active work.

That's been my Adobe experience up to this point, and it's worked wonderfully for me and my workflow, but something has clearly shifted in Adobe's backend to make that seem like mulitple people are using mulitple devices on one account at the same time. They need to have a better system of recognizing this so they don't aggrevate long time users who are trying to maximize their time and creative ability with CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your default browser on the desktop seen as two devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2024 Sep 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best response to my initial post!

Thank you. I wish adobe would at least acknowledge that this is a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the same pop up, just started about 2 weeks ago. What works for me rather than changing the password is to select the adobe programme and 'end task'  in the task manager (alt-control-delete to open it) (since adobe is stuck on the pop up screen to change the password). If I open the adobe programme again its fine with no pop up (it has been doing it with acrobat and photoshop). If I do hit the change password button I get another screen in a foreign language!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2024 Sep 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for that info @rhonam67512769 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Shivangi_Gupta  !
What if I needed to work on my laptop, while rendering my projects on my desktop !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2024 Sep 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe app are you using? You can always use your system while render is in progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here - Walk from one room to another and pick up a different file to format for a printer, then go back to my desk and pick up on the job I was working on there.. If I go home and want to work - I just select a device to log out and carry on.. but the last two weeks, it has been resetting my password and telling me there are multiple users.. 

Can we roll back to a previous version?? Adobe have admitted that they have release a new security measure which is impacting workflow - I dont have a spare hour each day to go around restting passwords and bypassing our own security protocols..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2024 Sep 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I work in a small print shop. I'm activated on two machines here: a desktop workstation and a print workstation. I'll do all my design work on the desktop workstation and make adjustments via the print workstation. There aren't any other machines activated (we are all aware of the need to log out of laptops/WFH machines to play along with the two-machine limit). This configuration has worked flawlessly for 11-12 years, but the reset password popups over the past week have me wasting a lot of time. Adobe needs to address this, rather than assume we're all sharing passwords.

Repeatedly logging in and out in order to continue my workflow feels like a strongarm tactic to squeeze additional subscriptions out of legitimate individual license holders. 

The advice being given by Adobe support of "Are you trying to work on the same app or same project simultaneously? If yes, avoid doing that" is something someone who does not work in a production environment would suggest. That is not practical advice for me, and I assume many others in print production. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2024 Sep 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I've been a daily user since 2014, never had a problem switching between my laptop and imac. I've started having this popup message 2 weeks ago. I've already had to change my password twice in a week. This is getting really annoying, and a real drain on my workflow. Please Adobe! Do better for your longtime customers!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(these are user forums.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we are users... unable to USE our products the same way we have used them for years. I work in print also and cannot describe the level of disruption this is causing. While you focus on your adobe express app for content creators... you are forgetting the professionals in real workplace situations. Fix your back end to allow us to operate as normal. This is ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2024 Sep 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See reply below. I don't understand your comment. I am a PAYING USER of Adobe Creative Cloud and have been for the past 10 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's because you didn't check the message to which i was responding.

anyway, did you reset or repair your cc desktop app or contact adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what message you are referring to. I just opened Premiere Pro on my laptop and got the same message again. When I click on the link to reset my password, and then just go right back into premiere, the message is gone and I can use it. Could you please explain how I can "repair" or reset my CC desktop, I don't see any problem with it, it is updating the apps properly. Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, repair per https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails and you have windows, open your control panel > add/remove programs > cc desktop app > repair

if that fails, uninstall using the correct uninstaller from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes... and then reinstall using*

if that fails, do a clean cc install carefully following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, again using the correct uninstaller per https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

check for, and if available, update your os

if windows is your os, repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired (use google if you don't know how to do this)

if windows is your os update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated (use google if you don't know how to do this)

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app using the "alternative download links" at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials>

if that fails, you probably have a corrupt user account. google your os and how to create a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I have mac devices (desktop and laptop). I will do it after I finish my urgent project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and keep in mind, it may not be worth the effort to do everything, esp that last fix (the clean install).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! Thank you. I will update back to hopefully confirm that it fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's hoping...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips @kglad! This has been frustrating and I have not received anything substantive from Adobe Support. Your help is appreciated. Fingers crossed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@josephryan7  (too)

keep this updated...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2024 Sep 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reporting back. The first step fixed the problem for me so far. I've opened Premiere twice in both my Imac and macbook pro and haven't gotten the dreaded message. Thank you !

reset the cc desktop app by making sure it's in the foreground, then press:
Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2024 Sep 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kam384 

excellent, and thank you for the follow up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a complete disaster from Adobe. I have two machines in the same building that I go between and Adobe keeps telling me, a paying customer that I am not using the product correctly. It's absolutely infuriating and has made me look into alternatives. Support doesn't seem to care. This is massive overreach from Adobe and why we should all be warey of subscription based software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines