• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I keep getting An Adobe account can be used by only one person — and not shared, popup!!!!

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this popup alert. I have a licence and I am using it on my desktop and laptop. I have reached out to adobe a few times and they tell me too many people are logged in and simply send me the link to the devices page on my account. I then send them a screenshot of only the two devices and they tell me that I have to log out of all the adobe products on one device before using the other!!!! I have been an adobe customer since its inception and this is the biggest waste of time. I understand cracking down on unlicenced users but when you are effecting paying customers you are going to loose them. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ask adobe why they think the two logins are different users. eg, are they in distant physical locations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the location and they are both me in the same location same everything. It shows that in the screenshot I sent them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does support say the is the reason they think your account is shared?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2024 Sep 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is only a temporary fix. Once you login to use behance, fonts, or express or any other browser product it will flag it as a third device. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen that message and I often change between computers (I currently have 4 stations in different locations and I use tge software from at least 3 different countries). I do not sign out all my computers but only one station when I switch. So no, you do not to sign out all machines before using the software.

However, in 99% of the cases, I have only one of the work stations/laptop running. However, before travelling, I fire up my laptop, so that I can synchronize the data and update the software, and I continue working on one of my workstations. But the last time I was doing that was a month ago, so if this message is a new one, it may be the reason why I never saw it. 

What happens when you sign out all computers when you get the message? 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i sign out of both devices. It stops for a few days then starts doing it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and adobe support says?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i sign out of both devices. It stops for a few days then starts doing it again. 

By @jordematthews

Do you have both computers up and running in parallel? As i mentioned earlier that is what I rarely do. But even that was never a problem before ie having Photoshop running on my workstation, heading to a meeting, firing up my laptop and starting Photoshop there. 

If, however, it is a recent message, I just could have missed it out, because in the last time, I did not have such a situation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have no problem using two computers concurrently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's also my experience. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2024 Jun 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is my exact workflow too and just a few weeks ago I started getting this message. Adobe keeps telling me its because I have more than two devices logged in. When I send them a screen shot of the two devices they tell me that I can use it on two devices but only be logged into adobe on one at a time. Uggghhh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jordematthews,

We appreciate you contacting us. As @Abambo mentioned above, it is advisable to work on one machine at a time. 

Are you trying to work on the same app or same project simultaneously? If yes, avoid doing that.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Shivangi 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do only work on one computer at a time. I may be working on a project then need to run to a meeting or somehting then continue the project from my laptop. I have always been able to do this with no problem. I assume that you are cracking down on shared passwords but this it causing a huge annoyance in my workflow. So you are saying I need to close the progam and logout of adobe before I use my other computer???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying I need to close the progam and logout of adobe before I use my other computer???

By @jordematthews

OK, I think I see what happens. Are both machines up and running Adobe programs at the same time, even if you work only on one computer?

I never have both of my machines running at the same time. All my machines are shutdown and powered off when I do not use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2024 Sep 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this too. I just had a long and ultimately unhelpful chat with customer service.

They keep telling me I have 3 devices signed in. I don't. To be clear, I have multiple multiple deviecs: 2 home workstations, 2 laptops, and a work computer and laptop at my office. I switch between them all the time. A prompt pops up to sign me out of one of my previous devices so I can activate and use the apps the device in front of me. Now we get this dumb pop up about more than one person using my account, and forcing me to reset my password. It's absurd.

Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 13-25-03 Can I install my Adobe app on another computer.pngScreenshot 2024-09-02 at 13-33-00 Re Use of Multiple computers by One Person - Adobe Community - 13473722.png

This is straight from Adobe. I'm sure we've all gotten the normal pop up to sign out of one device so you can use it on your current device. It is literally impossible to have more than 2 devices signed in at a time with an Individual License. But Adobe still somehow sends the "more than one person" pop up. They need to fix this so we can work with the software properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this problem.  Probably because I use Creative Cloud on only ONE device at a time. 

Adobe for Teams & Businesses.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/business/teams.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to your account page (https://account.adobe.com) and sign-out from all.  then sign in on the devices you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy and kglad for the responses.

That's my whole hang up. I am using only one device at a time. But the benefit of being simply signed-in on two devices is that it's very easy to switch to the device I currently need to work on, rather than log back in, wait for my files to sync, and then open it back up to continue work. I followed the steps to sign out from everywhere, and then activated my devices as I needed them. Idk if there's a delay between signing out on one device in favor of another, and Adobe recognizing that switch.  Either way, this new password reset pop up is a massive annoyance and hampers my workflow enough where lost time is becoming an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your account show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to count every login as a separate device as well. For example I'm on my phone right now and had to login to reply on this thread. I will have to go in and remove this mobile login before working to avoid that silly prompt again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your account page shows one device is signed in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines