• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I keep getting An Adobe account can be used by only one person — and not shared, popup!!!!

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this popup alert. I have a licence and I am using it on my desktop and laptop. I have reached out to adobe a few times and they tell me too many people are logged in and simply send me the link to the devices page on my account. I then send them a screenshot of only the two devices and they tell me that I have to log out of all the adobe products on one device before using the other!!!! I have been an adobe customer since its inception and this is the biggest waste of time. I understand cracking down on unlicenced users but when you are effecting paying customers you are going to loose them. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

1. Open CC Desktop App.
2. Click your Avatar (top right image) > Preferences > General tab > Settings. Select "Always keep Creative Cloud up to date."
3. Click on your Avatar again.
4. Sign-out of Creative Cloud.
5. Close all apps.
6. Restart your computer.
7. Open CC Desktop app.
8. Click your Avatar.
9. Sign-in with your paid ID and password.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2024 Sep 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree. Im having the same issue, its amazing i was able to log into this forum on my phone since they have reset my password so many times without my authorisation... this is another example of charge more, deliver less. Too focused on Ai to care about professional users. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2024 Oct 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been facing the same issue for the past two weeks. I have CC installed on 4 machines which are all owned by myself and only use 1 app at a time on a device and logged out another device when switching.

I've already had to reset password twice so far, and I haven't even had the courage to get in touch with adobe support because I know how useless they are.

Hopefully they will fix absurd issue, as it's causing so much unnecessary headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cristienache 

check your account (https://account.adobe.com) and see if there are unrecognized sign-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zero. All signins have always been from the same devices/location/wifi networks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any that use a vpn?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No vpn on any of the devices either. 3 of the devices have always been on the same wifi network, and the other was used only on a hotspot made from my personal phone. Have used the same 4 accounts for the past 14 months with no issue, and now I just have to reset the password every week it seems.. pretty disappointing and absurd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have 2fa enabled on your adobe sign-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it has been from the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't think of any practical way to find the issue.  normally i'd suggest suspending your av and see if that solves the problem, but if it takes one week, that's unwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in that I've had to update my password twice now... Forcefully by Adobe. I use CC on two devices predominantly and it's never been an issue til a month or two ago with constant messages of "being use by only one person". I've not changed my workflow or logins before this point so no clue why it's making everyone's lifes hard. ADOBE PLEASE FIX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2024 Oct 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@BillyCollinsTTP 

this is a user forum.  to make suggestisons to adobe, use the cc desktop ideas forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines