• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeping my Photoshop 2018 with my new Plan

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a full creative cloud subscription through my employer.
I'm switching to freelance so I refreshed my personal account and subscribed to the Photography plan of Adobe. (I only need photoshop basically, and this is the best option)
I logged out and logged into my new account both in Creative Cloud and in Photoshop. I was hoping that it will recognized that Photoshop is already installed on my PC but it didn't. It's not listed in my creative cloud app as installed, and when I open photoshop it keeps me on the 7 days trial.
Is there a way to keep this version of photoshop with my new subscription?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should work. Sign in with your new account in Photoshop, eventually signing out from your old account before.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did Sign in to my new account, but it seems like Adobe is not supporting this version anymore. I still would like to keep it and use it. How can I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@bernadetto89062083 

do you see any problem with ps cc 2018 when you open it?  (if you're prompted to sign in, of course, do so using any current subscription.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I open PS it gives me this message.
message.PNG

If I clicke License This Software it gives me this one

message2.PNG

So it seems to me I won't be able to contine using PS cc 2018, no matter how hard I try. If I contact customer support they will probably say that this version is no longer supported and I should update to a newer one.
Still I was hoping to get some help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bernadetto, your employer may still have access and licenses for Photoshop CC 2018, but you just purchased a new Photography plan. You can find information on what is included in a Creative Cloud Photography plan at https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

You can also use the information in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html to install any desktop versions of Photoshop that are currently included with a Creative Cloud Photography plan. I would also recommend bookmarking the page as it provides information on retaining specific versions of installed Adobe desktop applications. This could be important if you have the same dependency on Photoshop CC 2023 in 2030.

I know this can be frustrating moving to newer versions of our applications and services, Bernadetto. I hope you look at this as an opportunity to discover the new features and capabilities that are available in the recent releases of our applications. For more information on accessing older Adobe Creative Cloud applications, see https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install-discussions/download-older-versions-of-creative-clou...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,
Thank you for the reply and the links! I know I am a dinasour and I like the good old things. I'll try to update the app and I hope it will be compatible with my wacom driver and everything will run smoothly (this is the scarriest part of updating). I'll tell you how it went tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Berandetto. Once you have Photoshop CC 2023 working successfully, feel free to try using Photoshop CC 2018 again, but as previously mentioned, it may just not be included with the plan you purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad and @Abambo, new plans are being made available, which may not include access to pre-2019 applications. If the computer is not blocked from seeing the active membership, as discussed in https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html then it may be that the new membership doesn't include access to applications that old.

This will be especially true for any plans purchased through a redemption code, but any non-All App memberships could be restricted from classic application versions if it is a new purchase.

For an individual trying to gain access to older applications through a new plan, their best choice would be an All App plan purchased through Adobe.com directly. I would also recommend they focus on installing and using the current releases of our applications first. If successful, then they will have a better chance of using the older applications if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff for the update. It's surly always better to use the latest version of the software. And for Photoshop, I feel currently big leaps ahead. And I agree, that Adobe can expect new users to run only newer software, even for legal reasons.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines