• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RdrServicesUpdater.exe - Application Error: was unable to start correctly

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 2019 server I get this message while trying to install the Adobe Reader DC 21.005.20048. The software is installed then and can be used without any issues. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update.

Please install the latest patch, and let us know if you experience any issues.

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From the description given above, if we understand correctly, then initially you were experiencing trouble downloading the Acrobat Reader application and receiving error "RdrServicesUpdater.exe - Application Error: was unable to start correctly"

However, the application was installed successfully and running fine since then. Is that the case? 

Probably reasons or cause comprises wrongly registered DLL files, unsuited DLLs. Which was fixed automatically after finishing the installation.

If you get to experience the same issue again, then do let us know. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akanchha,

thank you for reply. I downloaded the reader from https://get.adobe.com/de/reader/enterprise/ und tried to install it manually on window server 2019. Installation is completed, but there is an error message (pic 1) at the end of the installation. When I confirm the message, the second message appeared (pic 2). Adober reader is installed and work fine so far, but I can't distribute it in our enterprise environment, as long I get this error. Can you help?

Dimitri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for the screesnshots. Somehow, its not opening at our end. Would you mind attaching it once gain please?

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

done. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I'm sorry for the delay in response to your last message. Just wanted to check if this issue has been resolved or required further assistance?

In case you are still experiencing the same issue, please try the following steps:

1- Run the repair of the product Open Reader DC>Help>Repair Installation

2- If it still doesn't help, then use this cleaner tool for the removal http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  of the app an reinstall it https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is NOT how to repair the Reader as it seems to work fine. I just don't want to have any error messages during the installation in the enterprise environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same issue on Windows Server 2019 and Adobe Rdr DC 21.007.20091. The application works fine itself but the mentioned error very often appears on the screen. 

I reinstallaed the whole application using the cleaning tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/AcroCleaner_DC2015.zip and performed a clean install of  Adobe Reader.

Nevertheless, the error keeps popping up 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this to us. 

Have you started experiencing this issue immediately after installing the latest update? Or have had this from long?

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have had exactly the same problem on our terminal servers 2019 for about 1 week. A restart, reinstallation, etc. did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addendum:
The error only comes when someone closes the Acrobat Reader. As long as it remains open in the background, the error does not come!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've also got this message on a Windows Server 2019. The error can be reliably reproduced by closing Adobe Reader and waiting for a few seconds.

We first experienced this error last Wednesday after the new Update automatically installed itself. Since then we had this error on five different servers two of which ran Windows Server 2016. We initially fixed it by doing a repair on the installation and rebooting the system. However yesterday the error reapeared on one of the servers and this time rebooting did nothing to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with RDS 2016, logged out all users, restarted the server.

After logging in only domain\administrator, i unistalled reader dc from control panel, restarted the server.

Logged in again domain\administrator, i run the acrocleaner and restarted the server again.

I then installed reader dc(21.007.20091) from "install application on remote desktop server" and the issue is gone.

Hope it helps fellow administrators to overcome this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same problem on 2012R2 TS. The error appears when someone closes Adobe randomly.

The Adobe version on the server is 2021.007.20091.

Adobe, can you send an update on this? A lot of people are impacted on TS servers only I feel !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried a repair from add remove programes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got this error after running Adobe on our RDS server in Azure for 3 years with no issues, recent update last week did not install correct I guess. Simply got to add remove programes - selct Adobe - change- repair. This reinstalled the files needed and issue is resolved for us. no uninstall or reboot needed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem for a few days. Also Windows Server 2019 RDS environment. Already uninstalled, repaired and also with the removal tool...Our customers are pretty annoyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've also got this message on a Windows Server 2016 /2019. Please fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can also confirm error on 2008r2 TS. Error appear after update to Reader DC 2021.007.20091.

When closing it's always do "preparing for first run" , and then: RdrCEF stops working, and after: RdrServicesUpdater is unable to start correctly 0xc0142.

It's acting like that every time user close pdf document.

Also I needed to: revert to the old style Signature interfaceLaunch Reader, becouse users weren't able to sing documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we know if a recent update etc. provided a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the trouble caused.

The team is aware of the issue and working on the fix.

We will update you once we get any information from the team.

We appreciate your patience. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Meenkashi for the update. 

We are having a similar issue on Server 2016 Remote Desktop server with popup message:

RdrServicesUpdater.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.

If multiple .pdf files are open, users are having trouble wherein the Save As dialog box freezes and appears blank when initiating a save. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue as us on Windows Server 2008R2. Getting "RdrServicesUpdater.exe - Application Error: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)". I will say for me, it happened after trying to run a repair for the install of Acrobat Reader. Tried uninstalling after everyone was off the server and reinstalled the program entirely and users are still getting this message. Please help Meenkashi!

However, Grady, the Save As dialog box being blank happened to us about a week ago as well. I found the fix for us was to uncheck a setting in the Preferences menu. In Reader, go to Edit > Preferences > General > and uncheck the box that says "Show online storage when saving files" and then try it. Hope it helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kyle4444 - my users are reporting that this setting change is helping resolve the SaveAs issue.  Thanks, and much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it. Unfortunately, there is no improvement. The error still comes when you close the reader 😞
Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines