• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to make Acrobat Reade default Android app for pdfs?

Participant ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using 16.3 currently. For some reason it is not a default app to open pdfs (say from Downloaded folder). My tablet says it can't open a file (i have no other pdf viewer installed, even google one is removed). I see no option to make Adobe Reader a default.

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2016 Oct 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wrooot

I believe for this you need to change the default app settings in your Android phone.

For this please try and see if the steps help:

navigate to Settings>Apps>All and then select the App currently associated and remove it as default and tap clear defaults.

By doing so now when you open your file you will be prompted to choose a default App again.

Let me know if it works or you need more help.

Regards,
Supriya

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wrooot

I believe for this you need to change the default app settings in your Android phone.

For this please try and see if the steps help:

navigate to Settings>Apps>All and then select the App currently associated and remove it as default and tap clear defaults.

By doing so now when you open your file you will be prompted to choose a default App again.

Let me know if it works or you need more help.

Regards,
Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After some testing i have actually found out that this only happens with some pdfs, and other pdfs open automatically with Adobe Reader. So it is probably some problem with those pdfs or Android not liking something in their names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like my issue also.  What is the fix?

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I found a fix:

I reinstalled Adobe Actrobat on my android S20 and also gave it permission to access storage.

Seems to work now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines