• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow to choose resolution of generated images

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the option to choose the resolution of generated images. Currently, when I generate images using this application, I receive images with a fixed resolution. However, different use cases may require different image resolutions. For example, if I want to generate thumbnails or print-quality images, I may need different resolutions depending on my specific needs.

Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
29 Comments
Mentor ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Oh.N8That would only work if the smart object is scaled down, not up. Converting an image layer to a smart object allows for non-destructive scaling, i.e. the original resolution doesn't change, but it also means that a low resolution image embedded in a smart object isn't magically scaled up with extra details or sharpness. It just gets fuzzier, just like scaling up that image destructively with the transform option.

Of course, it is possible to use AI/smart upscale software (both free and commercial options are out there).

All this said: Firefly is rather limited in its resolution and proportion choice. Free and open source genAI image generators allow for any resolution (limited to the hardware's capabilities, of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not talking about upscaling after an image is created. I am talking about Adobe Firefly starting with large dimensions from the get-go. The current size is 2048 X 2048 pixels. Certainly Adobe could change it to 4000 X 4000 pixels quite easily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Increasing the resolution from 2048px to 4000px will increase the required CPU/GPU time, RAM, and storage server resources by roughly 4 times. That also means 4 times the costs to run their servers.

A solution for Adobe would be to ask for extra credits depending on the resolution to offset the extra costs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2024 Sep 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A solution for Adobe would be to ask for extra credits depending on the resolution to offset the extra costs.

Adobe has specifically said they intend to do this:

We plan to offer higher-resolution images, animation, video, and 3D generative AI features in the future. The number of generative credits consumed for those features may be greater.

Source: Generative credits FAQ 

droopy

Votes

Translate

Translate