• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Negative prompting

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the text to image part, I didn't find a place to cancel prompts like in stable diffusion. Often we have artifacts with double faces or eyes in the wrong places. It depends on the channels I think but it could be efficient and necessary to add this function. Or maybe add a basic lexicon for prompts if we have to use No in front of cancels or others basic operations.

Thank you for your job, im a teacher and i think you are the best to create an democratic useful app for commons users

Eric

Idea Released

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Hi all, we have removed negative prompts from the Firefly web app. We are exploring the best way to offer this capability and decided to pause this feature while we look into it.

Thanks,

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Thank you for all your votes and feedback! This idea is now a feature in Adobe Firefly! Check out everything you need to know about this feature here

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
87 Comments
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, nothing has changed, see my first post please, the option "advanced settings -> exclude image" is not available with Android 13 on the phone Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and the tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab S8+.

I tested it with Firefox and with Chrome browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone this problem on Android phones and tablets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beim Generieren von "Text zu Bild" in Firefly kann es überhaupt nicht mit Verneinungen umgehen.

Wenn man als Teil der Beschreibung zum Beispiel sagt, dass man kein Bild mit Gesichtern möchte, generiert es 4 Bilder mit Gesichtern (oder Gesicht-ählichen Formen). Oder wenn man angibt, dass das Bild "nicht symmetrisch" oder "unsymmetrisch" sein soll, generiert es 4 beinahe perfekt symmetrische Bilder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@d3509806 

See this help page for how to use negative prompts in Firefly:

https://helpx.adobe.com/firefly/using/whats-new/2024.html#negative-prompts

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, you obviously haven't understand my question: this feature for excluding in advanced settings IS NOT A AVAILABLE at Android 13 devices with Firefox or Chrome browser!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BeeCeeCreations 

You are correct, then, I did not understand and I apologize. Let's wait to see if Adobe Staff or another forum volunteer can give you a better answer. My reply was to @d3509806, though, and not to you.

If something else is announced by staff in the future, it will be in this thread.

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried using the negative prompt on the simplest of images and it DOES NOT work.  I asked for a ballon floating in the sky with a big smile on it.  It kept adding eyes.  I put in the prompt that it has not eyes, still didn't work.  I tried the negative prompt "eyes".  Nope.  It is making me crazy.  It is like every time I add one more negative thing it adds it with even more detail.  Ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@An3 this is the exact thread we're in, my dude. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2023 Dec 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BeeCeeCreations  can you share a screenshot of what you see? Advanced settings are only available in Image 2, so make sure you're working in Image 2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider kann bei Adobe Firefly keine Wörter mehr ausschließen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new user interface lacks a function that allows you to exclude words and thus elements from an image. This is really a problem!

Whenever I have a landscape in the background, mountains appear. Previously I could type "Mountain" into a control and they were gone.

Now I can't do that anymore and the description doesn't work either. The description of the attached picture was "A village in the north of Germany. There are no mountains in the background! The country is absolutely flat." And it looks like Austria in the background.

Screenshot of missing box has been attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does appear that the old exclude box is gone.  This box:

droopydog500_0-1711475360699.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thank you for providing your feedback on the missing "Exclude" option. We've forwarded your comments to our product team for review, and they will look into it.

Regards,
Vivek

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Advanced Settings in Firefly has disappeared!  I can no longer enter negative prompts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed this too since the various settings blocks being moved to the left side of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the advaned settings is missing.  This is a critical feature for those of us not wanting hats on every character generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the newest version of Firefly that merged the separate negative prompts section into the main prompt, it seems to be ineffective, or it is not clear how to now use negative prompts inside a prompt.

For example, my prompt is "red licorice in the shape of high heels, white background, no mountains" - produces mountains. If I remove 'no mountains', it then should produce a white background. Instead, produces a gray background every time. I found the separate negative prompts section in the previous version to work better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe has indicated the disappearance of the negative prompt section was not intended. So, hopefully it will return.

But, when you want to include "negative" prompts in the main prompt, consider this: the model does not seem to understand the coupling of two words where one word negates the other. Because of that, you end up with the thing you are trying to eliminate actually getting added.  For example,

• "no mountain" ends up generating mountains
  • "without facial hair" ends up showing beards
  • "no men" ends up adding men
  • "no stairs" ends up adding a staircase

It is best to try to describe the negative prompt concept in a single word, if possible (even if the word you use is not a real English word):

• "beardless" rather than "without facial hair"
  • "mountainless" rather than "no mountains"
  • "flat-land" rather than "no mountains"
  • "women" rather than "no men"
  • "stairless" rather than "no stairs"

Hyphenating words seems to connect words more than a space, but not as much as if it was a single word (if that makes sense). If two words is a "zero" connexion and one word is a "ten" connexion, hyphenating seems to be around "three" in my experience (if that makes sense). But hypenating does not seem to solve the negative word coupling issue ("no-mountains" is not better than "no mountains").

I have no inside information on the model. This is what I have pieced together from using it over the past year. I hope this helps some until the negative prompt box returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Negative prompt option disappeared in New Firefly.

It's very confusing. The Firefly was great, clean, bright and organized. Why did you pollute everything with this terrible update?

It seems that my messy sister and my hoarder brother-in-law visited me, removed everything and filled my house with junk.

Who was the genius who developed this update? Introduce yourself If you haven't been fired yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I wouldn't be this blunt, but without the negative prompt (removed), it's impossible to correct very obvious errors, e.g. mountains in the background of my tulip fields in Holland). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the negative prompts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has said they have been temporarily paused.  Until then, you will need to add to your main prompt.  Here is some advice on doing that. When you want to include "negative" prompts in the main prompt, consider this: the model does not seem to understand the coupling of two words where one word negates the other. Because of that, you end up with the thing you are trying to eliminate actually getting added.  For example,

It is best to try to describe the negative prompt concept in a single word, if possible (even if the word you use is not a real English word):

Hyphenating words seems to connect words more than a space, but not as much as if it was a single word (if that makes sense). If two words is a "zero" connexion and one word is a "ten" connexion, hyphenating seems to be around "three" in my experience (if that makes sense). But hypenating does not seem to solve the negative word coupling issue ("no-mountains" is not better than "no mountains").

I have no inside information on the model. This is what I have pieced together from using it over the past year. I hope this helps some until the negative prompt box returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No está el botón de "configuración avanzada" para excluir términos del prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Adobe has said this is "temporarily" unavailable. No word on when the negative prompt box will return.  until then, you will need to add negative prompts in the regular prompt box. 

When you want to include "negative" prompts in the main prompt, consider this: the model does not seem to understand the coupling of two words where one word negates the other. Because of that, you end up with the thing you are trying to eliminate actually getting added.  For example,

Votes

Translate

Translate