• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text to Image: Make a seamless repeating pattern

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2023 Dec 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter how many ways I try the prompt I've never gotten a repeating seamless pattern. Sometimes it's really close. So close I don't notice that parts of it don't align on one side. Other images are just not following the prompt at all to make a repeating pattern. These are the types of patterns you'd use on wallpaper or wrapping paper. 

Eg. prompt I used.
"A seamless repeating tileable pattern; cute hyper realistic looking cartoon sloths in a jungle background; for printing on fabric, wallpaper and other packaging and textiles"

At times this one almost created a seamless pattern, but when I went to tile it, things were slightly off. I've included examples. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shannon28485390h3qp I've moved your post to ideas and made the team aware. This is something that isn't very consistent so it's something the team can work on as a feature. Be sure to ask others to vote on your idea. 🙂 

Also check out what you can do in Photoshop Beta https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/generative-expand-in-the-photoshop-beta/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Not sure how to make upvotes happen. 

It's not just inconsistent though... also when it does seem very close to a seamless pattern, it ends up being "off" by just a bit. I'll post a screen capture of one I thought was ok, but when I made the pattern bigger, I could see it was actually off. It's very close, as you can see, but it's not close enough. It needs to get it exact... not sure why it can't. There were so many I generated that were like this and not one that got it exact. Screenshot 2023-12-13 at 10.29.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree... it's so close, but just not quite there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thank you for contacting us. Please try the Firefly Image 3 model released this week for the same workflow and share your valuable feedback.

^VS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for trying to make the seamless patterns more perfected. I was very excited to try the Image 3 model. But sad to say, it actually seems much worse to me. I tried mentioning seamless paper at the beginning of the prompt and also at the end. When mentioned at the end, 3 out of 4 were not even close to being a seamless pattern. They were pretty, but not seamless whatsoever. Sorry... just honest feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried it and it's not creating seamless patterns. Unless there is some specific prompt I'm not using? 

Do we need to say tileable? I tried repeating seamless pattern. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 04, 2024 May 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , so it's now May 2024 and Firefly is still not doing a good job of seamless patterns. I agree with Shannon28485390h3qp sometimes (about 1 in 10) it's very close. Geometric type elements semm to work better).
This is VERY frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know of any platform/software that *can* create perfectly seamless and tileable/repeatable patterns (high res)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mike32805522iqao, I am not sure about "perfect", but I think Illustrator does the best job of the Adobe tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not great on Illustrator--on the Photography plan and mainly use PhotoShop. Specifically I would love to find an AI text-to-image platform that can do what Firefly cannot (get that perfect seam-matching on the edges) for apparel use. Wondered if anyone has found one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been making my own seamless papers. It's very easy if you have the clipart with a transparent background you want to use in the papers. I found a YouTube video that shows how to do it in a free online program called Photopea. It creates an exact match, making very good seamless papers! Photopea is very similar to Photoshop. In fact, you could try the same technique in Photoshop. I tried it in Photoshop Elements but did not have the success I got in Photopea. Perhaps I did something wrong, so I'll try it again in Photoshop. Anyway, it's very easy once you see how to do it. You could search YouTube for making seamless papers in Photopea and it should come up. I'm using this method until Adobe Firefly is perfected. Firefly was so close in the Image 2 model. I too wish we could just plug into an AI program and get the perfect seamless papers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, I just remembered.... There is an AI program that does a great job at creating seamless patterns. It's called Spark, and it is on Creative Fabrica. I'm not sure if you have to have a subscription to Creative Fabrica or not to use it. But you can subscribe to Creative Fabrica for a very reasonable price if you subscribe to a yearly plan. They offer tons of things on that platform, including images, cut files, and classes. I do have a subscription, so I can make them there. They look very exact. However, I like Adobe Firefly because they train their AI on copyright-free images. I'm not sure about Creative Fabrica... I haven't seen that claim there. Plus, I think Firefly creates better images. Anyway, you could check that out too.

Votes

Translate

Translate