• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where are the Adobe CC font files locally stored on mac?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the Adobe CC font files locally stored on mac? How can I find it? I am using Adobe CC products only for the font. But I can't find it on local.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019
I am using Adobe CC products only for the font. But I can't find it on local.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK all Fonts are stored in the Fonts folder for the OS you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe CC products only for the font. But I can't find it on local.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the fonts are nit really on your Mac, you can't find them locally if you still what to know were they are, you can browse: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moderator: Redacted by Adobe. Font files are not for local access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This path is invalid or maybe it is old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to have hidden files showing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to Browse the Adobe Font libraries open the CC desktop app and select the Fonts header then Browse Fonts button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find .OTF, .TTF, and .FNT file in local finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir, I am talking about "https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts/realist". Where can I find activated(synchronised) fonts from "https://fonts.adobe.com/" in my local folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure they are stored locally. I take it you have to Activate the font on one of the links you posted and then it becomes available to you in any program you are using.

That works for me in MS Word.

2019-09-21 22_21_00-E__Post Pictures_2019-09-21 22_20_21-Document1 - Word.png - Greenshot image edit.png

2019-09-21 22_20_21-Document1 - Word.png

But it does NOT show up in my OS Fonts folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They will then show up in the Fonts section of the CC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely does not exist in the current version of creative cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't tell what OS you're using. My Windows 10 computer shows me the fonts where I would expect:

clipboard_image_0.png

As long as I see the font in my applications, it's not important to know the exact physical location.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using macOS Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Div,

Where are the Adobe CC font files locally stored on mac? 

When you say “Adobe CC font files”, do you mean the ones from Adobe Fonts (formerly Typekit)?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! The fonts from Typekit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would you need to know? Do the fonts not work properly? (What you CANNOT do with the fonts is send them with jobs or copy to other computers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question. I need to have the actual files to import into Unreal Engine to be used in my game UI. Is that not covered in the license agreement? The way fonts work in their engine, they have to be converted to a file type that UE4 understands.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to a DM, I found it on Windows...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I only had one font installed so not sure what it looks like with a ton, but I had 3 folders in this directory. C, E, R In C, there's an XML file called 'entitlements' that lists all the fonts you have. In the file name, you can find a number that shows you where the font file you need is in either the E or R folder. For me, the font I wanted had a long URL with 'TkD-36501' in the middle. That 36501 is the number to look for in other folders. Not sure what the difference is in those folders since that number was in each of them.

The files in E and R were of type 'File' so you'll have to rename them to .otf or .tttf to make them int fonts. I was able to do this with the Komet font and then import it into Unreal Engine and it worked great. Not sure why they make it so hard, but there you have it.

Moderator: Redacted by Adobe. Font files are not for local access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this Gooner, yeah found them where you said but as a note for others. I found the ones in folder e had the the same numbers as those in r. But only the ones in r worked. I added the file extension of otf and then right clicked on the file and selected install, where all the other fonts usually go on windows. The only downside is that it installs the fonts with the number name not the name of the font. When you install it briefly shows the name of the font which one can change. After that the fonts are available to my other other apps besides adobe/Word. Your right, they do make it hard - I think it's because of their Adobe Cloud approach, which in my opinion/experience is a huge disservice to users of their software - might be good for their bottom line profits - but it's certainly not good for the end user, and I'm not just talking about this font issue. So many other quirks that makes using Adobe a pain in the butt at times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gooner444, a late reply, but better late than never. Your Adobe Fonts license covers your personal use as long as you have an active Creative Cloud subscription on the same computer. The license will forbid copying to another computer, and embedding in software. Conversion may or may not be allowed, but any converted file is subject to the same license.

Licensing fonts for use in apps or games is a very different thing. There may be hundreds or (you hope) millions of users. You do NOT want to get a bill from Adobe for each user, so you need to source fonts which offer licenses for use in this way. Most fonts do not offer any such license. (Yes, it really does happen that if a software license is breached in this way, a bill might be calculated for each user; it has cost companies millions).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Adobe Fonts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This question arised with me after I found out you can't use Adobe Fonts as default font for your brands in Adobe Spark. You can however upload 'custom fonts' and other party fonts. Which is rediculous. If you have Adobe CC you have the right to use all of the Adobe Fonts, except for the place where you want to use them: your brand on social media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines