• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: "Plugin Installation failed" while installing plugins in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Every time I try to install any plugin it gives error.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 11.50.38.png

Already tried to reinstall XD, followed the tutorial to resolve permission, already tried everything ... The error always persists. Any suggestion?   

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Plug-ins , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

You might be having a problem with being able to write to the folder. Here are some steps that might get you unblocked:

1. In finder go to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/
    If you can’t see Library folder because it’s hidden, from the Finder menu, select the “Go” menu and choose “Home”, or select <username> from favorites in Finder than select “view” and choose “Show View Options”, check “Show Library Folder” option form view options, now you should be able to see the Library folder in f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Hello, thanks for the reply!

It`s work now!

I created the plugin folder and now it works!

I believe the bug was that I have 2 Adobe XD folders in the path.

An

~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe.XD

~/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Adobe XD

The right thing was to create in Adobe/Adobe XD

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble installing plugins in XD. If you've tried the solution mentioned in this post. Would you mind telling us if you're facing issues installing all the plugins or with a specific plugin? If specific, please share the name of the plugin so that we can investigate at our end.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't install plugins in my XD. I already uninstall all adobe and installed again and nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lina, 

Sorry to hear that, Please let me know which plugin you are trying to install.

So I can try to install from my side or find workaround for you.

Thanks,

Vertika Gupta

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. As per the screenshot, I found a similar discussion which you can refer here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/extensibility-error-installing-plugin-in-xd/m-p/10848199?pag...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the above problem while installing some plugins in XD on the Windows platform. Need help. Thanks already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try the suggestion shared on this discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/extensibility-error-installing-plugin-in-xd/m-p/10848199?pag...

It includes suggestions for the errors while installing plugins, please try that and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Team,
I m using windows 10 OS, and I m getting this error. I see the solution on mention link but it is for Mac OS.
Please I request you to give some solution for Windows Operating System.
I also checked by uninstalling the XD software and delete all the folder which is related to XD.But, still I m getting this error. Please please help us
Error Code 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have the same issue. I've checked other answers in the forum and everything I can find on internet but it's almost only working for mac. I'm using windows. Some plugins fail to install, others work. 

Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and for the delay in response. Please try disabling the antivirus in the system and then try installing it again and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a Mac book pro and I cant install any plugins, Always I tried XD say  PLUGINS INSTALLATION FAILED. SEE HELP CENTER. I've tried, but it's still the same mistake.

Please help meeeee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arturo,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble installing plugin in XD. Would you mind trying the solution suggested in this post and let us know if that helps?

We are here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to install Adobe xd plugin. I also have net connection but whwn I want to install it then shows I don't have net connection.

kawsar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people don't have to download the image you have attached to your post please Edit your post to remove the Attached screen shot and Include it in the body of the text of your post.

You do that by Clicking the "More..." link at the bottom of your post, Selecting "Edit Message" and then use the "Insert Photos" icon in the tool bar at the top of the Post/Reply/Edit dialog box like this.
2020-06-07 19_13_42-Camera Raw Brush tool problem - Adobe Support Community - 11189555.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JhKawsar,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues while installing plugins in XD. Would you mind trying the solution suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/extensibility-while-installing-plugin-in-xd-it-gives-error-q...?

If that doesn't help, please try the solution suggested in this post:https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/extensibility-while-installing-plugin-in-xd-it-gives-error-q...

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm using Adobe XD on Windows 10. Yesterday it was working perfectly and today since I had done the update, all my plug-ins already installed were removed, they just disapearred.

Since this, every time I'm trying to install plug-in, no matter which one, I have this message : "L'installation du plug-in a échoué. En savoir plus : Centre d'aide".

I try to remove all my local temp files, uninstall/install, signout from the Creative Cloud... Nothing is working !
Could you help me please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying the solution suggested in the correct answer to this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/plugins-update-to-adobe-xd-31-uninstalled-my-plugins/td-p/11...?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can,t install the xd plugin in my mac, when I want to install the plugin, then "plugin installation failed"       this one comes, 

kindly anyone assists me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to install plugin in XD. Would you mind trying the steps suggested in this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/kb/issues-installing-xd-plugins.html#fix-installation-macOS?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

plugin_installation_faild.jpg

Plugin Installation Failed

Adobe Version: 33.1.12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happens with certain plugin or with any plugin? If yes which one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All plugins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind trying the steps mentioned in the correct answer to this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/extensibility-error-installing-plugin-in-xd/td-p/10848199 and see if that helps?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are for Mac , I need for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines