• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to drag and drop images into Adobe XD on Windows machine.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Support,

I've been working with our IT department because my Adobe XD software doesn't allow me to drag and drop images into Adobe XD. I have to manually import them and then mask the images with shapes. I have been following your support forums, and we updated the GPU on my laptop and we're still running into issues. I am receiving a canceled symbol when trying to drag the images into XD. I am running Adobe XD on Windows 10. I can provide any specs you need to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Rosendo Figueroa

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Hi,

I also had this issue and it's looks like more of W10 related problem. Fortunately this solution helped for me:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

hope it helps.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

I fixed the same issue on my PC. This is the instruction (tested on Win10):

1. Open start menu and type in search field "Control panel". You need classic view.

search-control-panel1.png

2. Switch view to "Small icons" using "View by: Category" selector in the top right corner.

control-panel-windows-10.png

3. Go to "User accounts"

4. In pop-up select "Change user account control settings"

change-user-account-control-settings.png

5. Set value as shown below and click "Ok"

6. Restart Windows and enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

I

For those who are under some domain rules in corporate environment, I open regedit and here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

change EnableLUA to 1 … after restart I can drag and drop between Windows Universal Apps. But after another restart my domain overwrite this and have to do it again.

So better ask your admins to solve this for you on domain server side – I am not that lucky.

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Thank you, For your information I resolved myself by Installing New OS on my pc

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 198 Replies 198
New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 40.1.22.3

image type: jpg, png, and any type of images

to put it in XD must open it in photoshop and copy past in XD,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same problem couple times. If your image is on a network folder, try to move to your local computer i.e your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, unfortuneatly that didn't help, even from desktop location files cannot be dropped into XD...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the trouble. We had a similar discussion happened in past here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-windows-mach... 

We would request you to please go through the correct answer to this post and let us know if that helps you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Estou com um problema ao arrastar imagens para o AdobeXD, qualquer extensão, PNG, JPG, SGV. Quando tento arrastar para o XD aparece um ícone de "negado" no mouse. Já tentei reinstalar mas nada resolve... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry for the trouble while dragging images into XD. Would you mind trying the solutions suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-windows-mach... and let us know if that helps?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not woked for me. I still unable to drop on XD 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for trying. Could you please try the suggestions shared here https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/problema-al-arrastrar-archivos-svg-jpg-png-al-programa/td-p/... and let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It does not open when I drag and drop a file into XD in Windows 10. What should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10, using Adobe XD 39.0.12.12 (Help > About Adobe XD), and drag and drop is working for me.

I did see this thread with a few solutions that seemed to work:

Unable to drag and drop images into Adobe XD on Windows machine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We would like to follow up on the issue. Were you able to resolve the issue by following the steps shared above? If no, please share the version of XD you are on.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola comunidad adobe!

Estoy teniendo un problema algo grave con el programa, cuando intento arrastrar una imagen desde una carpeta del escritorio hacia el area de trabajo de Adobe XD, me aparece un simbolo de prohibido.
A alguien mas le pasa? Existe alguna solucion a dicho problema?

Mi sistema operativo es Windows 10,

Saludos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file type are you trying to drag across? Some file types can not be dragged.
For example an .ai file can be imported, but if you try to drag it will not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a  mi me pasa lo mismo que no puedo arrastrar imagenes  me sale el simbolo de proivido tambien hay algina solucion mejor exolicada 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo el mismo problema al intentar arrastrar archivos (SVG,JPG, PNG etc) me aparece un simbolo dentro de adobe XD de esta prohibido (Circulo con diagonal en medio), habra alguna solucion para ese problema?

He intentado desistalar e instalar nuevamente el adobe XD, haciendo limpieza con antivirus.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark,

Sorry for the trouble. We would request you to please try the steps suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-windows-mach... and let us know if that helps.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can`t drop images with mouse easily

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble dragging the images into XD. Would you mind confirming if you're able to import the images into XD? We had a similar discussion in the past here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-drag-and-drop-images-into-adobe-xd-on-windows-mach... . Hope that helps!

please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance and we will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Madhumati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I solved this problem just by updating my windows.

after i tried all tips found here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to you hear you're able to resolve the issue by updating the windows and thanks for sharing the solution that might help our other customers. 

Please free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this bug! So i first have problems dropping images into XD, i then try the microsoft fix, i can now drag and drop into XD but no longer in Photoshop, great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

바탕화면에서 jpg, png 등의 확장자 이미지 파일을 드래그 앤 드롭으로 삽입할 수 없습니다.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can't drag images into Adobe XD?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, do you still need help? Has your problem been solved? Keep us updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines