• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error. Thank you.

<The Tittle was edited by Moderator.>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. We would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Hi All,

Most of the bugs related to data loss were fixed in XD 33.0. If you are on a previous version, update to the latest version of XD to avoid recurrence of this issue.

Data loss in XD 33.0 and later versions: We are working on a solution for data loss issues in documents that were saved outside of the cloud, such as on your computer or on a network drive. You can help the product team investigate and fix the issue by sharing the following info with me over a private message.

• What was

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe XD. In order to help you, you need to provide us with some useful information, such as:

• Adobe XD version in use;
  • Specifications of your computer;
  • Check if the Creative CLoud app is up to date.

Also, I leave you this guide too: Error code 86 when updating Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am unable to open the adobe XD file. Its error code is error code: 86 and the message box showing that it's not an XD file. I think the file is converted into a binary file. Can you please help me out how can I fix this problem.

Thanks!

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe XD. In order to help you, you need to provide us with some useful information, such as:

• Adobe XD version in use;
  • Specifications of your computer;
  • Check if the Creative CLoud app is up to date.

Also, I leave you this guide too: Error code 86 when updating Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The link you have attached Error code 86 when updating Creative Cloud desktop app
They are saving the conflicting processes. Kindly define the conflicting processes? Because I have no idea what kind of conflicting processes you are talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have faced exactly the same issue. It was about a 5.3MB file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues while opening the file in XD. If the above solution didn't help. Would you mind creating a new user account of your machine using this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, I was working on the design and my laptop was shut down due to battery low, when i turned on my laptop back now this file is not working anymore, it was working fine before laptop shutdown, All other Xd files are working fine only this file have the issue, I tried almost all steps but no luck so far

error2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tayyabr,

We are sorry for the delay in response as you are unable to open file in Adobe XD. Would you mind confirming if you're still experiencing the issue? If yes, please share the OS and XD version of your machine. Is it a local document or a cloud document. I would also request you to please share the file with me over a private message so that i can check at my end.

Note: Please share the link of the post for reference over a PM.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently by mistake i delete one of the important .xd file from my hard disk but i managed to recover it. But now when i try to open it in adobe xd it shows error 86 what to do ?
I have attached the file with this post please help its an important document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem. Recent XD files seem to be corrupt. older ones working fine. There's a rush project, and Im stuck with this issue. What is the solution? Is there a generic solution than reboot  PC, uninstall/ reinstall/ update CC/ update XD, created a copy to open. Tried it all. Not working 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below:

• Try to open the file on other machine. If the file opened up, rename the file and then try to open the file again on the first machine.
  • Please create a new user account of your machine and then try to open the file.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk
  •  For few users this specific solution worked" Forget all about updating an anything! Just press (cmd-space) and then source fore Activitties monitor, and then close all adobe things, after that start again"

If none of the above solution worked, there is a bug logged for the issue and the team is working on it. You may definitely see improvements in future releases of XD. I will update you as soon as the team fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

- Local Document
- Files that i have edited in the last week or so
- Windows 10 Home, XD version is 28.9.12, CC version 5.1.0.407
- Cant seem to upload a file to CC cloud since it does not open. however, I can upload it to goodle drive or something and share it via email.

Thank you for your assistance.

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional information. Sure. You can send me the link over the private message.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I have shared one of the files over PM.

Thank you,

KR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I am getting an issue on opening an old xd document which I had accessed last on 25th Nov 2019. When I try to open that xd file now it says the error shown in the image attached below.

Screenshot 2019-12-24 at 6.45.13 PM.png

I tried solutions provided in this community forum like - Renaming the file and opening in another computer or laptop, reinstalling the Adobe CC App, etc. Nothing works for me and if I lose this file I need to work hard again for the same project. 

I am sharing the xd document as well please let me know if anyone is able to open this in their system as well. If one of you are able to open this xd file then please rename it and do a small change and save it again and share me that version.

Please help me out with the file issue guys. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry guys unable to add that xd file here as well. It says some error for the file extension so I am attaching a Dropbox link please download from there and try once.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/71ul2yrkp56hjzi/AYS---111.xd?dl=0 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankit,

This is so unfortunate. 

We have a bug logged for this issue. It seems to a file specific issue. You have mentioned that you have attached the file for reference and I don't see any. Could you share the file once again so that I can open it and check what the issue is? (I'm afraid you cannot attach a file here since it is public instead you could send that as a private message). Also, could you also let me know which OS and XD version you are using? 

Hoping to hear from you. 

Regards, 

Rajesh KN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rajesh for your response.
I have edited the same post with a dropbox link. I am pasting that here too. You can download the file from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/71ul2yrkp56hjzi/AYS---111.xd?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also downloaded Ankit's file, tried opening it (v. 25.1.12.7) with exactly the same result.

I ran the Adobe Log Collector and below is the part of the AdobeXD.log mentioning his file.

Hopes this helps Adobe Support to diagnose the problem, and hopefully offer a solution...

2019-12-25 10:31:51.744443+0100[44759:1821060] info | cloudDoc | AYS---111.xd | DocumentCommands.load(): starting
2019-12-25 10:31:51.827605+0100[44759:1821060] error | dcx | [SpDCXComposite::initializeFromLocalArchiveAsync] Failed to open composite - invalid archive /Users/petertje/Downloads/AYS---111.xd
Reason: DCX error code 32 - Unable to open archive file for extraction.
2019-12-25 10:31:52.768994+0100[44759:1820796] error | Error: no native delegate registered for controlId 116
2019-12-25 10:31:53.163164+0100[44759:1821060] error | cloudDoc | null | There was an error opening the file AYS---111.xd
(Error code: 86)
2019-12-25 10:31:53.165182+0100[44759:1821060] error | Uncaught exception in commands/DocumentCommands.js:1 with history {"undo":[],"redo":[],"inBatch":false} at:

Error: There was an error opening the file 720a05e6155cefe77e6c3e574644fc95
(Error code: 86)
at createDocumentError (commands/DocumentCommands.js:1:1685)
at createDocumentLoadError (commands/DocumentCommands.js:1:4238)
at commands/DocumentCommands.js:1:17974

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ankit, 

Thank you for sharing the file. This is what I would be doing, I've filed a bug for this attaching the file that you shared and assigned it to the concerned person. I will also keep you updated when I receive an update on this. I know this wouldn't help since it is blocking your work but that's the best I could at this point in time. My apologies. 

And Peter, thank you for taking time to generate and sharing the logs which would help us identify the issue a little faster.

Regards,

Rajesh KN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rajesh. I hope it will be resolved soon. Thanks for supporting me.
Looking forward to hearing from you regarding the solution.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I was working on a file for couple of weeks. Today(26th Sep) Then it started to give an error. It says There was an error opening the file .....  (Error code: 86). I open it on onother system. Tried opening, but no luck. There's no problem with my other xd documents. I think this is a corrupted file error. Is there any way to fix it? I'm using Windows 10 And XD 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gaurav,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing trouble using Adobe XD. A few more details would be super helpful.

• Woud you mind telling the OS and XD version of your machine?
  • Are you able to open the same file on other system?

If yes, I would suggest renaming the file on other system and save it again. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open an older xd file in version 24.1.22.6 of xd although similar older files in the same location are opening just fine. When I try to open it in xd I get the error 86 saying this is not a valid xd document. I installed the most up to date version of xd and the file I am trying to open was created July 18, 2019.

creative cloud: 5.0.0.354

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a local document? Can you confirm the document size with us?

Also, is this a document you can share with us? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document size is 4 KB and is located on my local iCloud Drive. 

As it is related to my work I am unable to freely share the file, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines