• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error. Thank you.

<The Tittle was edited by Moderator.>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. We would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Hi All,

Most of the bugs related to data loss were fixed in XD 33.0. If you are on a previous version, update to the latest version of XD to avoid recurrence of this issue.

Data loss in XD 33.0 and later versions: We are working on a solution for data loss issues in documents that were saved outside of the cloud, such as on your computer or on a network drive. You can help the product team investigate and fix the issue by sharing the following info with me over a private message.

• What was

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We have logged a bug for this issue, and the team is investigating it. Can you share your file with me over a private message so that we can send it over to the product team for investigation? Meanwhile, I found a similar discussion with some suggestions that have helped some users. You could check these out to see if any of these help you: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/m-p/105...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

A few weeks ago I started to have problems with Adobe XD.

When I try to open XD files I get Error 86 randomly.

Once error 86 shows up when I open a file, it consistently shows up when i try to open this file. 
I tried every possible solution in your Forums for this issue without any progress... 

My version XD is 31.2.12

Any advice? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We have logged a bug for this issue, and the team is investigating it. Can you share your file with me over a private message so that we can send it over to the product team for investigation? Meanwhile, could you please check the discussion shared below which have a few solutions that have helped some users: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/m-p/105...

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have created our website design using Adobe XD, after 5 days it shows 86 error. Please help.

We have tried uninstalling creative cloud, moved the file another system, still no luck.

Penchalaiah0D4D_0-1597427098655.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you share your file with me over a private message so that we can send it over to the product team for investigation?

To send the file, please add it to shared cloud storage and you can share the link either here or you can DM me by clicking on my name. 

Note: While sending a DM, please ensure to add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards
Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

xd打开文件时 报错86 怎么解决

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With No Offense, What you guys are doing If you're not able to fix this Adobe XD error code 86 till now? This is the 3rd time I'm losing all my work due to this issue. I've tried all your reffered solutions but nothing worked. There should be a way to recover the data Please. When you've a large number of designer relying on your Product, How can you don't care of this bug? This is quite irresponsible behaviour. I'm using Adobe xd since its release time and Now I've started paying you guys on monthly basis (Subscription plan) but What I'm getting is this crap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem now, 2 years later. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to open a local XD file of mine, because it was asked for a project and error code:86 keeps showing up. I followed the steps from other posts here who are having the same issues, unfortunately none of it solved the problem. What confuses me is that I remember opening that XD file and functioning properly before. I tried the Adobe Log Tool, and tried to open the file in notepad out of curiousity and this is what it shows. adobe-log.png

XD Versions: 31.2.12.4

CC Verions: 4.3.57.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble opening the file in XD. There is already a bug a logged for the issue and the team is working on it. You will definitely see the improvements in the future releases of XD.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Most of the bugs related to data loss were fixed in XD 33.0. If you are on a previous version, update to the latest version of XD to avoid recurrence of this issue.

Data loss in XD 33.0 and later versions: We are working on a solution for data loss issues in documents that were saved outside of the cloud, such as on your computer or on a network drive. You can help the product team investigate and fix the issue by sharing the following info with me over a private message.

• What was the date and time (mention time zone) on which you experienced this issue?
  • Is the document located on  external drives (USB drive, external HDD/SSD) or on a shared network?
  • Was the file(s) on the external drives, network shares, and/or folders synced to cloud at any point in time?
  • Have you observed similar issues with files from other software?
  • Did you perform a force shutdown of the computer or experience a power loss before this incident?
  • Are you the author of this document or was it shared with you?
  • What is the name and version of the antivirus software running on your computer?

Thank you for your patience in the time that the team fixes this issue. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem ..please help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Osama, 

Sorry to hear you are getting error 86 while opening the file. Would you mind telling us the OS and XD version of your machine? Is it happening with a specific file?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

os is :windows 10 (2019)

xd version is :33.1.12

yes its happening with specific file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the information. Could you please share the file with me over a private message so that I can check at my end? Since how long you're experiencing the issue with the file? 

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file link. I tried to open the file at my end and it gave me the same error. Would you mind telling me since how long you're unable to open the file and does that happen after a power cut down while working on the file?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...

Please help me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link that corrupt xd file.
https://we.tl/t-aUhXEW5wSJ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have faced the same problem and I couldn't retreive the file 

Any help ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, we are having this issue too.

• Current XD version is: 49.0.12.14 CCS: 5.6.2.1
  • The file I am trying to open was last modified 8 Dec 2020
  • The file in question cannot be opened by different users at work. I have been told some having been coming across this issue with multiple files.
  • It has been stored on the work network of a large enterprise
  • I am not the author, however this document was stored locally on the network so no sharing was necessary on Adobe cloud.

Are you able to assist please? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Code :86Error Code :86

Adobe XD Version: 26.0.22.5      OS: Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We would like to know when exactly you have started experiencing this issue? Does this message comes up only when accessing the file stored in Document Cloud?    

Check if the Creative Cloud app is up to date.

Also, try installing Adobe XD again. I recommend you use Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall Adobe XD and delete any corrupt files.

Thanks,

Divya

Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines