• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open the local file in XD getting (Error:86).

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have problems with my adobe xd files I get an error when trying to open them I get the error 86 and I don't know how I can fix them since the new files that I am making are also being damaged with the same error. Thank you.

<The Tittle was edited by Moderator.>

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for performing the troubleshooting steps. We would request you to please try creating a new user account of your machine.

Windows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3UwhgNXsvM

Mac: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Z107ceDfk

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Hi All,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble with the XD file and getting error 86 on the local document. We would request you to please try the following steps below:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Hi All,

Most of the bugs related to data loss were fixed in XD 33.0. If you are on a previous version, update to the latest version of XD to avoid recurrence of this issue.

Data loss in XD 33.0 and later versions: We are working on a solution for data loss issues in documents that were saved outside of the cloud, such as on your computer or on a network drive. You can help the product team investigate and fix the issue by sharing the following info with me over a private message.

• What was

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 304 Replies 304
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please collect system logs by following the steps shared here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them with me through DM by adding the log file and the actual XD file to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox. Once the file has been added, please share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending the DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent everything you have requested.

Best,

Joanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rishabh,

Is there any update on this?

Best,

Joanna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry for the delay in response. I tried accessing the files however I was not able to access that so could you please share a public link in the DM so that we can access the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiancing the same issue. I tried everything suggested and no luck. i tried on both mac and pc someone please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello sir,

I'm having an issue 86 in Adobe XD, as I have multiple files in XD but only in one file I'm getting this issue, I can't access my file from both xd and local desktop, please give me a relevant solution for this, as I have the updated version of the software and having window 10 . Can I get my data back.

Please let me know, my mail id - muskan@anoroctechnologies.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. We would request you to please try the steps suggested in this post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/td-p/10... and let us know if that helps.

If it doesn't, please share the details asked here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/unable-to-open-the-local-file-in-xd-getting-error-86/m-p/114... along with the XD file so that I can escalate your issue for further investigation.

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank-you-xd.jpg

I will never use this sh___ software again – thank you XD for your clear message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My same problem.error code 86.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Google Material UI kit from th Adobe website, and it isn't opening in Adobe XD (version 48.0.12). The message that's displayed says it is not a valid file. 

I tried all the suggested resolutions for error 86 on this forum, but none of them have worked for me. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I tried that one, and it didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a dowload link to  Google Material UI kit  to testing.? Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't understand this. Do you want to download that Google Material UI kit file to test it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I downloaded from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both downloaded UI Kit works on my WIn. Also try to add them to your library from download site. That must work

Screenshot 2022-03-02 214956.pngScreenshot 2022-03-02 214846.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm getting an error-message 86 when opening a local XD file, too. All my other XD files open with no issues. The message is "(file name).xd 파일을 여는 도중 오류 발생 (오류 코드: 86) 효한 XD 문서가 아닙니다."

What I've tried:

• rename the file
  • restart Creative Cloud / machine / etc
  • open the broken file on one other macOS machine (macOS version: Monterey. with different accounts)
  • deinstall / reinstall XD

but nothing helps. still can't open it and the error message still shows up.

What I'm running:

• MacBook Pro 2019(13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports), 2.4 GHz Quad core Intel Core i5
  • Adobe Creative Cloud Version 5.7.0.1307
  • macOS Catalina version 10.15.7
  • XD Version 50.0.12

Is there any chance the support can check and restore my file? 

It's really an important file and I have to use in my project demo this Friday...

😢😢😢

😢😢😢

Thank you very very very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is asked in 2019, and now 2022. I am using the latest XD version but am still unable to find any solution to this problem. I worked yesterday night with this file just FINE. But today morning it's showing the error and I am unable to show the prototype. It happened to me before too... The file becomes unreadable just within one night. 

I have tried all the solutions. Nothing is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

go to your Adobe settings and set your Adobe XD software release to a previous one. What you also have to do is to deactivate that Adobe update the software automatically. You must set your Adobe XD release to the previous version. Try it and let me know if that worked. This solution worked for me and I was able to open my files again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it, made no difference for me. Files still unopenable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to believe after three years the same issues are happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have old version of xd doc or old version of xd doc on cloud ... you can open xd file in the WinRar/WinZip extract folder "META-INF" and move it to the broken xd file and replace it. For me it works 🙂 (you can try get META-INF folver from another xd file and try replace it in to the broken xd file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @janvasek 

how did you manage to do that. I can open the xd file with 7zip or winrar. 
But as soon as I try to throw in the META-INF it throws an error that the archive is not valid.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started getting this error last week to all files stored on our share drive. We stopped working in the cloud due to corrupt files.
Have read through the proposed solutions. But they don't seem to work for everybody.

One thing... I did have one of the unopenable files in an email. When that file was placed in the sharedrive in the same folder as the other XD files, it opened fine. Don't know what this means, but I don't have all files backed up and it's 9 months of work.
XD version: 55.0.12
OS version: Monterey 12.6

Screen Shot 2022-11-07 at 3.53.48 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines