• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to resize some of the components in XD file. Resize handles are not visible.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just same day I was able to resize some of my components with no problem at all but after taking a few minutes of break from designing, I came back to my work with components that can't be resized anymore. Some of my components are fine and can be resized but I don't understand why some are not.

Here is an example of one:

marjourney_0-1617706146775.png

What I did is to duplicate this, ungroup and regroup it again just so I can resize it

marjourney_1-1617706229816.png

But the problem is I have to recreate every state with every component that has this problem. That would too much work and time. I hope someone could help. Thanks

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are unable to resize some of your components. Could you please try copying these components into a new file and then try to resize and see if it works? I would suggest restarting the machine as sometimes does help in certain situations.

Let us know how it goes and we'd be happy to help further.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! It's still the same for me, after copying and pasting to another file

marjourney_0-1617769156633.png 

marjourney_1-1617769181253.png

I also restarted, made sure my XD is updated, and also my OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the screenshots. Are these components are on the pasteboard? Could you please confirm if you are on XD 39 version? 

We'll try our best to investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Thank you for getting back to me.

As I'm trying to figure out what is causing this, it seems that any component or grouping that has a stack layout turned on gets this problem. As soon as I remove the stack layout it fixes the problem. In the meantime, what I'm doing is I'll just remove the stack layout to resize them to my liking and then turn it back on. Although, as far as I can remember it was not like this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines