Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects - Where to find keyboard shortcut files on MacOS

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find the folder where After Effects' keyboard shortcut files (the .txt ones) are kept. I managed to find them before but I can't seem to do so now. I've made a copy of an old preset that I would like to use on my MBA.

When I create a new custom preset in After Effects and then search for the file in in finder, nothing shows up, so I'm really lost.

Would anybody mind telling me the file path where I could find the folder? That'd be much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

The new keyboard shortcuts are saved in a folder named "aeks" and you'll find this folder easily -

in the Preferences Dialog Window, click on the "Reveal Preferences in OS" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new keyboard shortcuts are saved in a folder named "aeks" and you'll find this folder easily -

in the Preferences Dialog Window, click on the "Reveal Preferences in OS" button.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it Roland! Thank you very much. It was right in front of my eyes, but I head forgotten to look there.

It's weird that a finder search won't reveal the file though, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roland's method is correct.

Path to keyboard shortcuts file:

Mac: /Users/[yourusername]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/[AE version]/aeks/

Win: C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\[AE version]\aeks\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW, I wrote quite a lengthy Help File on AE's shortcuts which includes lots of NEW shortcuts that have come onboard since AE took on the Keyboard Visualizer which allows for a quick and easy way to create shortcuts to most of AE's commands.

Here's the PDF

http://www.broadcastgems.com/mediaserver01/RolandK_AE_CustomKeyboardShortcuts_CC2018_Dec2018.pdf

And here's my aeks file (may or may not work on a Mac)

http://www.broadcastgems.com/mediaserver01/Roland_May 2019_01.txt

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines