• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Motion Blur Issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I enable motion blur on layers in my comp, the layers disappear, in the preview and render. i purged my cache, turned GPU acceleration on and off, nothing so far solves the issue.  ❤️ AE CC 2018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

You did not enable motion blur, you created an adjustment layer. Motion blur is the column headed by three circles just to the left of the half-filled circle which is for Adjustment Layer:

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 12.41.59 PM.png

You will also have to enable it in the timeline using the same icon. It will turn blue when selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

file->project settings->rendering video and effects - set it to software only. is it all better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like i said, i turned GPU acceleration off (and choose software only) and it did not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, I was seeing hardware acceleration.

show a full screenshots of this problem, more information about the setup. can you reproduce it with a fresh project file? does it happen with all layers in any project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your AE version is up to date and you are not working with layer styles, C4D or Ray-traced rendering and Comp Panel Fast Previews is not set to Off or Adaptive Resolution then switching on motion blur should not cause layers to disappear.  My first guess is that you are using Ray-traced rendering. C4D rendering will cause the motion blur to go away because it is not supported and that's explained in the warnings, but Ray-traced rendering will make the layer disappear.

If you want to have motion blur on your Ray-traced 3D layer you'll need to pre-compose that layer in a Ray-traced 3D comp, turn off motion blur in the pre-comp, include the camera and lights in the pre-comp if you have one in the main comp, then change the Main Comp to Classic rendering and use CC Force Motion blur to get the Ray-traced layers to show up and have a motion blur effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions Rick but I am already using the classic renderer, i have never used C4D or Ray-traced rendering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not enable motion blur, you created an adjustment layer. Motion blur is the column headed by three circles just to the left of the half-filled circle which is for Adjustment Layer:

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 12.41.59 PM.png

You will also have to enable it in the timeline using the same icon. It will turn blue when selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ding ding ding! Wow, major brain fart.  I've done this hundreds of times and somehow just forgot which icon meant what.

Thanks, Roei and Rick for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot of a new AE comp i reproduced the same issue with, the layer just disappears.

Yes any and all layers.
Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 3.40.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 3.40.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, you didn't turn on Motion Blur, you turned it into an Adjustment Layer.  The Motion Blur switch is to the immediate left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines