• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow and crashing after updating to 2022 version

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who's PC has become very slow after upgrading my CC softwares?

Everything crashes and the rendering is taking much much longer than it used to be, and I keep getting a notification that the process can't be completed because there's no enough RAM though I'm using a gaming PC with 16 GB Ram!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 144 Replies 144
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was the solution!

So this "new command" should be automatically unchecked when loading projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea me too! It is so annoying that adobe just keeps pushing these updates without testing them thuroughly. If it doesn't work their paying users will tell them so they can fix it, and we are stuck in the mids of a project. 

ADOBE, WE ARE NOT YOUR BETA TESTERS! I'M NOT PAYING TO FIND YOUR BUGS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is an embarrassment!!! Crash after crash, render sudden taking hours instead of minutes, what the hell? Even light renders on a 3080 RTX..

I want my money back 

Mod note: profanity removed—please avoid. Please keep in mind that we have minors reading here. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find if I render in AE then it'll be a 15 minute render, (which then stops you working of course) if I send the same thing to Media Encoder 2022 it freezes about a third of the way though after about an hour and a half with another couple of hours to go. Is that the same with you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it funny that typing a f with *****  behind is seen as profanity.. As you do not know what the ***** are, it can be anything. And you do not know my intention, so you're indirectly modulation my opinion..Moreover, bleeping is accepted in entertainment right? Furthermore, these words are official listed in the dictionary, and its kind of bizar that parts are shielded of by a sort of Victorian puritan ethical commission with a double standard and are f***** hypocrites (f**** meaning foremost ). Proper behaviour and languages is not achieved by a child reading a bad word, its done by making him/her understand why/when not to use or use. Common civil etiquette's 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They literally wont let me use my name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same on mac (big sur)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My findings so far are that if you render within AE itself, then it is indeed faster in version 22 (almost halves the current project I'm working on). But if I export to Media Encoder it takes so long that I just end up assuming it's crashed after an hour or two and force quit the application.

Also have discovered that you can switch of the Multi-Frame rendering in the Preferences...

Select After Effects > Preferences > Memory & Performance (Mac) or File > Preferences > Memory & Performance (Win).

The Speculative Preview when idle can also be switched off (Composition Menu>Preview>Cache Frames When Idle and switch off.),  if like me it really messes up your work flow. Or can be tweaked to come of when you want. 
After Effects > Preferences > Previews.

This link pretty much covers it all. https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/multi-frame-rendering.html

I'm yet to work out how to fix the Media Encoder problem, too busy working trying to keep my head above water before Xmas!

Oh also I believe a re-start after install of 22 is pretty essential to even stand a chance of things working.

One good thing seems to be that you can still open your project up in version 21 even if you've been working on it in 22.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what the best solution is? Downgrading to 2021.. fixes all of the issues over here..

Dont see any reason using 2022, as the bigest change they claim is performance enhancement right? Well...hehe, what a mess..

Did some digging btw, and AE seems to have problems with task assignement of my gpu, got TDR errors in event log..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! And eats all your memory as few seconds.. not good at all..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greetings from Indonesia,

i installed all 2022 version back then, and i can't stand to notice that Ae CC 2022 feels like dragging a boulder! literally. my 16Gb and RTX 3080 MSI laptop feels like a joke, weirdly enough, no software behave like this, except Ae. so yeah.. maybe CC 2020 were better after all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe intend to respond one day to the mass of criticism and disappointments raging over the latest 2022 update of its softs....????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im glad i looked here.  I thought i was going crazy.  After Effects 2022 is slow, freezing, crashing, even with a blank scene and some randome shape layers.  I have a ryzen 9, 64 gigs of ram...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be only with after effects and Media encoder they don't really have any significant improvements over last year,  I'll be uninstalling the new versions this afternoon. I really can't afford to mess with this crap when I'm on a deadline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effets 2022 is so slow: preview, renaming layers, applying scripts, running expressions, ... everything. Nothing in the forums helps. Turning off the multiframe render did make a difference but only to slightly improve the insane delay before previewing. Had to revert to using 2021 to accomplish any work. 

This update in without any really useful improvements but beware it will most likely result in a very significant waste of time and money for those professionals who work with AE on a daily basis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...And i still do not understand how Adobe can remain silent on this...!
After Effects is a (bad) prototype !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to learn it, and I have a brand new laptop with 16GB RAM and I can't even click on things to move them along the timeline! It's frozen up after the first move I make. This is terrible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to drop the same experience. AE CC 2022 totally unusable on Win11. Basically renders the whole computer unusable. No such issues in previous versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quickly uninstall AE 2022 and get on with your life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, after 2022 update I feel like I need a new PC. Slow preview, keep crashing and showing the crash report window, sometimes even when it's not really crashing and everything continue to work   !O_o   Keep clicking on the report button... Windows is all up to date. I think I'm going to uninstall and go back to 2021 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to the next version down, which was 2018+, and the same thing
happened. I'm guessing it's a no-go on a laptop with less than 16 mg RAM
and less than i7 Core.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a whole version 22 is hungrier for memory and cache than 21.

You can disable the green bar from preview rendering and filling up your cache so quickly which helps.

It also seemed to settle down after a re-start.

Multiframe rendering is indeed quicker when rendering direct from AE, but can take hours for the same project when sent to Media Encoder.

I’ve recently bought a MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB, and it runs pretty normally with 22, whereas my previous (pretty decent) MacBook Pro was useless on it..

So frustratingly it seems it’s quite a power hungry update, not suitable for old or average MacBooks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution so far: going back to 2021 and everything is fine. Same computer, same project, even more plug-ins.. the problem is obvious, isn't'it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad that worked for you. It did not for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing freezing and crashing my display driver (for no discernable reason) since AE 2021, all of last year I worked in 2020 because of this. When the new and improved 2022 came out I hoped it would be fixed.... spoiler alert, still no. Earlier I walked to the kitchen for a coffee, came back and the display driver had crashed, my man was just chilling there. The severity varies, but everytime there is a hang up, then the screens go black and come back in various amounts afterwards. Preview is killed in AE, and also Premiere if that is open, and both require close. At least in this latest version, I am able to save and close after, vs before when it would just wait for me to try and save, then finish crashing right before my eyes... I followed all the guidelines to build this machine for AE.... Multiple nvme drives for assets and cache, Ryzen 3900x, 64GB ram, 2080 Super. Something changed between 2020 and 2021 and it has been torturing me slowely ever since.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines