• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wacom Intuos draw not mapping correctly with a dual monitor in Animate

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two monitors with my windows 10 pc. I have wacom intuos draw as a draing tablet. I want the drawing tablet to be used only in one monitor.

Even when I select just one monitor as the mapping area, the tablet keeps mapping both my screens. So, these settings aren't working.

This problem only occurs in Adobe Animate. Photoshop and other stuff works correctly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is doing the same.  Pretty frustrating!  Even if I disable the 2nd display via Win+P the tablet is still trying to span both screens in Animate even though it's set to only 1 screen for animate and all applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me too.  Wasn't happening before this current update I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you fixed it yet? I'm currently having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install an older version of Animate until this mess gest fixed.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey. Haven't tested it since. I've just changed to a display tablet so I've
uninstalled the old one. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched the display setting (windows + p) to duplicate while in adobe animate and then switched back to extend, and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There is a fix available for these mapping/drawing related issues in the recent update (v20.0.3) available in Creative Cloud Desktop app. After installing please follow below steps.

1. Edit-->Preferences-->Edit Preferences-->Drawing-->Tablet Input-->Windows Ink(Beta)-->Press OK
  2. Open a new/created document for the changes to take place.

Note: Please be aware this option is a beta version and let us know if you face any issues with the same.

You can also join our Animate Prerelease beta program where you will have an early access to our developmental builds, features and bug fixes. You can sign up to the program using http://adobe.ly/20AEkbJ

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I did that and it worked, but now some tools are not working with the tablet, like I can't change the range of the Onion Skin or move the pins in the Asset Warp Tool. But if I go back to the previous preference WinTab, it works just fine (except for the two monitors issue of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These issues you are facing with Windows Ink option is already being investigated. Will keep you posted once fixed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that I saw this post before hitting update! I'm keeping the version on which it still worked. It's a shame we have to be 5+ months behind just to be able to use a display tablet. It seems sort of a standard when doing frame by frame - would have thought Adobe could prioritise this.

-- * -- [sarcasm] Tiny font size and no colour coding in Adobe apps? What a fantastic idea! [/sarcasm] --*--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a fix available for these mapping/drawing related issues in the recent update (v20.0.3) available in Creative Cloud Desktop app. After installing please follow below steps.

1. Edit-->Preferences-->Edit Preferences-->Drawing-->Tablet Input-->Windows Ink(Beta)-->Press OK

Note: Please be aware this option is a beta version and let us know if you face any issues with the same.

You can also join our Animate Prerelease beta program where you will have an early access to our developmental builds, features and bug fixes. You can sign up to the program using http://adobe.ly/20AEkbJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: Please be aware this option is a beta version and you might face some stylus interaction issues over the Application. It that case you can switch back to Wintab mode until we fix the issue with the Windows Ink option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

okay, so i think ive found the answer.

When you are browsing files to select the application to customize...

in the adobe folder, there is an icon called illustrator. that's just a SHORTCUT.

to select the true .exe application you must follow the directory deeper to select the genuine application.

im assuming the same may be true for adobe animate.

to state differently:

open wacom tablet properties

select and delete the properties established for the application youre having issues with

click the plus sign to add an application to your custom properties

when you select the app, make sure its not a shortfut, but the ACTUAL program you wish to add

shortcut icons look the same as the app, but they have a small arrow at the bottom right to indicate it is a shortcut.

i hope this helps. It seemed to fix my identicle issue with illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines