Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bin in Project panel

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
It would be very useful and necessary to have the possibility to create Bins in the audition Project panel. There are sessions with many files. Having the option to create bins as in Premiere or After Effects would be more ordered.
Thank you
Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience and interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 107 Replies 107
107 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really is mind boggling that Adobe has not implemented Folders/Bins structure for Audition. Media management is an integral part of any successful creative process no matter what level the user is at.

Audition is a really great program but its important to remember it lives in a crowded field with such DAW's as Protools, Logic, Ableton, Audacity, Reason etc. Adobe runs the gamut though with its other software, Aftereffects, Photoshop, Premiere, and Illustrator just to name a few. One would think that Audition would be seen as a great opportunity to expand and monopolize their platform.

It's apparent at this point that adding folders/bins to Audition is no easy fix and may be beyond Adobe's interest and capabilities but I'm still holding out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I thought it was just me being an idiot in not being able to figure out how to create folders/bins in Audition.... How could they actually leave out that feature? And why??

Editing my first podcast in Audition. Coming from a video editing background. I have CC and use Premiere, Photoshop and AE all the time. Ready to dump Audition for Audacity on this first podcast edit entirely b/c of its lack of any real file organizing feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love the addition of bins to Audition! It would make organization and file management much easier!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition needs a folder/bin structure like Premiere Pro, it remains limited to simple projects and clean-up work, but I will not use it for serious Video Postproduction until it has a folder/bin structure. Ironically, I do my sound mixing in Premiere Pro instead of Audition because I'm not willing to give up the folder/bin structure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked the Audition 2020 features, and nope, no bins or folders or any way to stay organized. Please add this somehow. I have done programming for games and I know how annoying feature requests can be without people knowing what's involved, but really this is a basic feature that's missing.

FYI to anyone using this for making a podcast, here are some tips to stay organized with the current version 2019.

Create a new project and name it something like, "Rough Cut - project name.sesx"
Quit. Move the main edit file to a separate project subfolder and call it MAIN EDITS where you will keep all of your edit versions (rough, medium, fine, final) along with the imported files.

Next to that MAIN EDITS folder you can make other separate folders organizing your content.
I have, "MUSIC," "SOUND EFFECTS", "INTERVIEWS," etc.

When you reopen the program, you can open the .sesx file and start adding your media. When you save, the program will ask you if you want to copy the media to a subfolder alongside your .sesx file. I would suggest you do that as a way of backing up your content. It's more bulky bit it's a good safety thing because once you start doing destructive edits, if you ***** up, you can always go back to your original file and re-import it.

Next step once you are done with your rough cut, quit the program, copy the .sesx file and rename it to "Medium Cut - name of project.sesx". All of the files in the Imported Files subfolder will still be attached to this new .sesx file, so you don't need to relink anything. Then you can start editing on this version without fear of screwing anything up, other than making destructive edits.

Repeat this last step when you're ready to make your FINE file and FINAL file. This way, if you go down a path when editing and you end up getting lost or screwing up the magic of your previous edit, you can just start over from the MEDIUM CUT or whatever previous cut you started this stage of editing with.

Obviously, you can change ROUGH, MEDIUM, FINE, FINAL to whatever you want such as version numbers, but if you are in a corporate environment like I am and need to communicate at what stage you are at easily with an exported MP3 for review, these names are easy to teach to non-pros.

Hope this helps someone. It's still not as good as being organized in the program itself, but at least this is an easy way to keep track of where things are. It's also a good idea to rename copies of your original files to keep track of what's what. I hate doing this, but the filenames generated by recorders are insane. Doing this before you start editing your rough cut will help once you have those tiny filenames all mixed together with music, effects and stuff all in one giant list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty silly that Audition doesn't let you organize anything and you just have to make completely new files. Please update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add my voice to the call for folders/bins in Audition. I'm only starting to use Audition and already I have a mess or external folders I don't understand. I still teach beginning media students to use Premiere for much of the audio work they need. Please Adobe, listen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE. BINS. For the love of christ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll add my 2 cents. To me this is insane that some kind of file organization within Audition doesn't exist. This is beyond basic functionality for software such as this. I'm doing sound design for a friend's feature film and there are hundreds of files in there - and I haven't even begun adding effects. At this rate I'm going to look at throwing it into Resolve and see what it can do, as I don't have access to a ProTools license at the moment.

Another thing while I'm on the topic... Why can't I select MULTIPLE TRACKS and move them together? Another "wait...what???" moment. I can see how this kind of thing could be overlooked when Adobe first snagged Audition and crammed it into CC, but it's been YEARS now, and still, little project management processes that every other major (and minor, honestly) DAW can do are missing. Please, please, please fix stuff like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste Effects incl setting from one place to the other, it being in the effectsrack or channelstrip. Copy and paste atribute would also be nice as in Premiere.
Watching a videotrack on a external monitor so adding support for Blackmagic shuttle etc as it is in Premiere
Converting two monotracks to one stereotrack in one click!! Essential for post if files come from OMF or AAF import.
Could you add "click in empty space to set playhead".
In segment effect, could the send be post fade in/out?
Control by external devices, better midi implementation to use a Yamaha O1V as controlsurface?
Just to name a few

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple, Mimic Premiere Pros Project panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just stumbled on this... I agree!!! I am a longtime video editor using Adobe suite. I am now moving back to my audio roots producing podcasts. Folders please!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this notion! The project gets disorganized really quickly. Need ability to organize! Please add bins/folders like premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this notion! The project gets disorganized really quickly. Need ability to organize! Please add bins/folders like premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...oh... my... SWEET POTATO IN A SUNDAY STEW! ADD BINS, OR FOLDERS, OR ANYTHING, PLEASE!!
Por favor, S'il vous plaît, Bitte, בבקשה, prego, رجاء, Shite kudasai, bonvolu, .--. .-.. . .- ... . ,
si us plau, prosím, please. 🙏🙏😭😭😭

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is this going to happen? It's the #1 requested feature on this forum, yet Adobe's response is from 2018. It seems like it should be a relatively simple feature to add since it's already available in Premiere & Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the year 2020, no flying cars... no bins in audition. Everyone is sick. Signing off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amen, and Amen! For everything beautiful that Audition can do... PLEASE!!!! allow folders/bins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES PLEASE! It's just a nightmare doing sound design when you have a dozen or so files for a particular sound effect or section of a video - and they are scattered all over the list because of very dissimilar root names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't be that difficult since every other Adobe app has that capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, PLEASE. I have been using Premiere now for years for video editing, and I just got a job to start making podcasts, so I'm looking for an audio mixing program. Organizing files by folders/bins (that match the folder structure of my files on my external disc) is one of the foundations of my workflow. It is crazy that this very simple feature (a folder icon - to create a folder/bin) is not on Audition ... and in the same format as Premiere. PLEASE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's bananas that there's no way to organize a library of frequently-used audio files into a bin in Audition. This has been a feature of Premiere going all the way back to when I first learned it in 1999, and I can't believe it hasn't been implemented in Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It's bananas that there's no way to organize a library of frequently-used audio files into a bin"

Can I make a suggestion?
For a commonly used library of audio file that get accessed on a regular basis across various sessions, you might want to try using the Media Browser, and adding a shortcut to an existing library of commonly used audio files. If you are adding a library to the files panel, the file will be added to the each Audition session causing session bloat. File can be previewed directly in the Media Browser with out having to import them to existing session.

Example: A library of Sound Effects stored on a network storage device, with 5000 files in it. It is much more efficient to add a shortcut in the media browser to the folder with the Sound Effects than to import 5000 sound effects into the Audition session and have them serialized on every save. You can then preview the files directly in the media browser before deciding on the clips you want to use and dragging them into the multitrack.

This is one of the workflows that the Media Browser was designed to facilitate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"... adding a shortcut to an existing library of commonly used audio files. This is one of the workflows that the Media Browser was designed to facilitate."

Thanks for the tip! But my need is different. I'm importing new material (interviews, clean sound, narrations) with each production - just like I would do with video stories, too. There is a lot of different material, and it's so important to have it organized in the program - and not just all jumbled together into one single area. A simple folder system in the project browser would solve this! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File Management... who knew?

You have been "actively looking" since November 2018 and have not even responded recently. It is a pity the Audition Team does not know simple coding. This has been one of the most basic tenets of the computer since its inception.

Adobe already has this in every other product, must be a good idea right? Who are these people on the team, do they have no self respect?

Votes

Translate

Translate