Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bin in Project panel

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
It would be very useful and necessary to have the possibility to create Bins in the audition Project panel. There are sessions with many files. Having the option to create bins as in Premiere or After Effects would be more ordered.
Thank you
Idea No status
TOPICS
User experience and interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 107 Replies 107
107 Comments
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Audition Beta did have folders for a year or two. My understanding from talking to an Adobe employee about it was that it was requiring a huge overhall of Audition code in order to make it work. It's possible they've abandoned that, or perhaps my feature unlock code no longer works.

But folders in Audition were great while it lasted. To you other issues, with relinking etc. I've never had to relink everything by hand, one by one. Sounds like a frustating case though. Usually nornal re-link works fine for my projects, though things become unlinked rarely. Maybe you're on a NAS etc?

So far I'm not a fan of Protools or Fairlight, but I'll give them another try one of these days, especialyl since protools has a decent free version now. Fairlight I've only ever thought of as mixing, not recording (which is what I use Audition for 75% of the time)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe, add bins just like Premiere Pro has. 
Just copy-paste the bit of code.

The amount of people that would use Audition instead of other DAWs will be UNIMAGINABLE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Just copy-paste the bit of code."

That may be the funniest thing I've heard all week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But to think just how much that would help the development cycle!!! After randomly inserting the code [because, of course, there is no obvious place to do that, or it would have been done 🙂 Wait, what? object, library, modular... nah don't have time to mess with that. ] The teardown to troubleshoot what went wrong should only take1-3 years, then after the redesign and roadmap strategy sessions, 4 years or so... then migration, framework development, architecture, code base, libray, code management, etc, etc... we should be able to start coding in earnest 5-8 years from now, with delivery of the alpha only another year or so.....

I love it! we now have a lock on a delivery date. Cut -n- paste indeed. It is just that simple. NEXT!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! folks. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that codys72658089 hit the nail on the head a few posts ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But @SteveG_AudioMasters_ , after all this years the fact that a well established professional DAW (as I want to think of Adobe Audition) lacks this basic file administration feature is simply unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid that at present that's exactly what you have to do - accept it, or use other software. Adobe haven't said why they removed it from the beta, but there must have been a good reason; it's pretty rare for a feature to make it as far as a beta and then be removed. IIRC, the previous time it happened was many years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate