• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge 2023 issues

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have installed a new Bridge and unfortunately the changes made to it make my earlier workflow very difficult compared to the previous version:

- Enter works like a cursor in the content panel instead of opening files

- preview colors of photos (all types of files) are completely different than displayed in PS. I tried to change the color spaces of the monitors, but it only introduced chaos and I don't know how to go back to the previous settings

- enlarging the size of the thumbnaili using ctrl + scroll does not work, and the magnifying icon under the panel, e.g. "content", overlaps other icons if it is squeezed, making it impossible to use it

- the overall layout is worse in my opinion and it cannot be adjusted to my requirements and habits

I wanted to go back to the older version, but then the cooperation with the new PS does not work (e.g. image processor) and I think I will have to downgrade the PS to the previous version as well, so these new updates do not make much sense to me.

Do other users have it too?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Image processor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.3.686). This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues in this Beta release, click here

Please update or install Bridge Beta via the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on 

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 261 Replies 261
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to buy a macro keyboard in order to rename a lot of files (about 2.000,-)
there were 4 kind of retail sellers, each one need 4-5 photos.
everyone of them with the same name, i mean in each set.
(retail 1) 1.jpg 2.jpg ---- 5.jpg
(retail 4) same.

so I programed one key to F2, to edit name, next to ctrl+c+enter and last to ctrl+v+enter.
finally I had to pres3 keys and some mouse select to to the task.
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-30 at 20.42.15.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, and I love the new snap/drag panel function as it allows you to split panels you previously could't. Using that its pretty easy to set it up as if its two (or more!) windows and I'm sure that'll soon make me forget the 'new window' function pretty quickly. (You don't have to view them as tabs, just drag and either snap them to the edge to split the panel, or place them anywhere you want) As an ultrawide/multimonitor user, this ability is a great feature as it lets me use the screens much more effectively. This is quickly becoming a must have feature for me.

What I have noticed (aside from the thumbbuttons) is that workspaces no longer seem to recall the position and size of the window. This makes no sense to me, resetting a workspace should return it to normal, I guess this is unintended.

Feels like this release was pushed out a tad early. Really like some features, totally baffled by some others~, especially ones that remove basic functionalities like thumb buttons...

And sad to see that there still is no way to create your own keyboard shortcuts..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without a way to navigate content tabs by keyboard, this is no upgrade. I've used Bridge for most image-related file management tasks since its inception, and although usability was somewhat degraded 2019-onward, it worked, at least. Until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In working from home- I'm connecting to a corporate server from VPN. Previously Bridge saved all my favorites, and as long as I was connected to the server through VPN (or even locally while in office) I was able to access my favorite network folders. NOW, if my server disconnects for any reason (which could happen throughout the day for inactivitiy)- I loose ALL of my favorite folders. I work on several brands/ seasons silmutaneousely and this is a massive issue to have to locate all these folders several times a day. 

2) I can no longer drag and drop files from my desktop or hard drive into network folders on bridge 2023. this was never an issue before, and why get rid of that feature ?!?! I've gotten used to many of the other glitches this update brought- but these two seem like no brainer functions to keep!!! 

Please provide a work around!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Connecting to a server is only by chance, not by design. Bridge was never intended to work with servers, and any success is happenstance at best. Simply, it was never dropped, it was never intended in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happenstance??? That 's crazy though, because ALL previous versions of Bridge allowed these favorites to be saved. You couldn't access those folders unless the server was active- but it saved them for re-call. Do you know if there have been other complaints for this and if there are any plans to address this- I may have to go back to old versions but am using 2023 for all my other adobe programs, so it seems so counter intuitive to my workflow currently and ALL future workflows.. this is a dealbreaker Bridge....

HELP!

For all of you complaining about the multiple windows. CMMD-SHIFT- T makes a new tab that you can undock... just sayin-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it undocks the Tab, however all you have in the tab are the images, you don't have access to folders etc so you are not able to for example sort your images by dragging photos to other folders. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this and it came up with the same message "Maximum tabs open - For optimum performance, only a limitied number of tabs can be opened at once."

That maximum number is still 1 and that is definitely not enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your ram situation @BPphotographics I've got 64 GB and I can go past 10 tabs? How many big-ram applications do you have open when you're working in Bridge? What is your OS (and what release)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

64 GB here as well. M1 Max. My observation so far is that Bridge is more laggy than any predecessor to load quality previews. Speaking of previews, in full screen preview (SPACE) the image starts to blink, like a constant refresh, every half second. Please fix immediately. @Subbi Many thanks, much appreciated! 

Last week, sorting hundreds of photos from various folders into a final selection, I had to rely on the small preview window only, which, due to the inablity to have MULTIPLE WINDOWS, now sits very small on my screen. Not good.

On the positive, I will absolutley admit that having two tabs up parallel does have its advantages, being able to drag&drop from one content tab to the other. Thumbs up! 

To switch from lamenting to constructive feedback - I feel like the following is needed: 

- Multiple Windows, like the old Bridge that everyone loved 

- Multiple Tabs, as a great new optional feature, but not a dictated way of workflow 

- Multiple Previews, assignable to dedicated content tabs 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are numerous threads about full screen preview flashing. I have never seen it but apparently its a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to not be a thing for a few decades... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue--I work from home and VPN to an institutional server. This has seriously affected my workflow, the time it takes me to get work done, and other issues. I HATE the change...then couple it with snarky, unhelpful comments from support staff = very annoyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to note, there are few Adobe employees here. Many of us are volunteers, just helping other users. We cannot fix problems and many of us use Bridge in production daily (I'm a working professional product photographer and programmer) and we may or may not see the issues that you see.

I would expect problems with a VPN connection to a server. Bridge is mostly designed for use with local drives and has all sorts of problem working with a server on a LAN, let alone via VPN. This is definitely NOT a supported setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the inability to view more than one preview window?
Comparing things side by side is HUGE for many of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from reading on this page you can no longer open a "new window". I use this ALL the time, I can not edit without that feature. the new feature of being able to add additional tabs doesn't help me at all because the new tab doesn't haev access to the folders so I can't drag photos in to other folders. This update is the worst I have ever seen. I have reverted back to the previous version in hopes that they will fix all these issues soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lemonshot888  and wider CC group, lemonshot888 is exactly right. Those of us who rely on Adobe Bridge to work well arent "hobbyists" having fun making are way around images and videos etc, this is an important navigational app thats amazing helpful to our careers, its important to our jobs.  Adobe, you gotta consider how sweeping changes in perceived functionality affects users far and wide. You make beautiful tools for a global community to shine. For some of us who rely on your beautiful tools to do our best, it breaks our hearts when these tools suddenly stop working. We are for progress and improvement. We just hope that you consider those who rely on these tools. To be thoughtful of just ending funtionality that maybe you didnt knwo was hyper importnat to us. It's amazing that a " Open New Window" function was " too much? " for the app? You had to remove it? Why?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1000%!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lemonshot888 How do I downgrade? Bridge 23 has been TERRIBLE for me these past two-ish weeks and has slowed down my professonaly daily workflow. Adobe, please take note. If there was an alterantive, I'd switch TODAY. I'm already finding myself using the Finder more. Hilarious. Please fix RIGHT AWAY. Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is nothing short of disatreouse. There's a million use cases for multiple windows. My entire workflow relies on it. Once again Adobe royally f'''d up by REMOVING CORE FUNCTIONALITY. This is mindboggling. This software development 101.
DO-NOT-REMOVE-CORE-FUNCTIONALITY!

They need to IMMEDIATELY change this. For now, reverting back to 2022 and blasting this all over the place.

Lets put the pressure on and start a petition.

Of all the stupid changes that breaks core functionality without any benefits this takes the cake - just because someone couldnt figure out how to combine multiple windows with tabs. This IS NOT rocket science. This is just a poorly developed, ill thought out rushjob. No more dumb excuses - this is complete amateur hour... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael Elmkjær Madsen 

1. How do I revert back to 22? Must do this asap. Bridge 23 has been pretty bad for me. Thankfully it's so bad and so fresh still, I can laugh about it. 

2. What's the procedure of starting a petition? The app needs to change right away. I don't care about the new look of it for the time being, who cares really, but the new fuctionality essentially renders Bridge unausable as is. 

3. Does anybody else have the problem of the < > buttons not working after you return one folder level up? (Yes my keyboard is fine, 3 months old MBP). The highlighter jumps randomly, doesn't take < > input. So bad. Who did they put to work on this update? Sorry, not one to point fingers usually, but these software engineers need to be put to work on something else, consumer game software maybe, something far away from pro workflow needs. 

Thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall Bridge 2023 via the CC app. we always keep at least 4 older point releases of every app installed on every workstation - NEVER uninstall old versions. This is crucial considering how Adobe historically does "updates", NEVER enable autoupdate.  Under settings > Apps use "show older apps" 
ONLY update every app inidividually use the three dots menu  at the right when yiu're in All app mode and then select "other versions" then CAREFULLY select the update / install and be sure to never check "remove older versions" 

And yes, if done correctly, it should work wiht newest version of PS, image processor etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is proving itself deaf to its users. The new version of Bridge is a horrendous failure and if Adobe would read user comments would know that. You took away one of the key features that made Bridge the amazing digital asset management tool it was. Multiple windows. Period. That's it. Your new "improved" method doesn't work for what your users need. 

Is anyone listening or are you all so busy wrapped in your comfy cocoon of UX-blindness that you're unable to respond? 

Adobe user since 1991. Bridge user for as long as I can recall. College educator who teaches Bridge as part of digital workflow. 

Matt Lit

linktr.ee/fotomatt

From somewhere on Colorado's Continental Divide...
~ fotomatt
linktr.ee/fotomatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unbelievable!  what a ignorant "improvement"!!!!  Thankfully I have 2022 installed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines