• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BRIDGE Exports as JPEG not JPG ... WHY? ?? PHOTOSHOP doesn't.

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be great if BRIDGE export presets would have an option to choose the file format extention .jpg NOT .jpeg

In BRIDGE when you go to TOOLS > PHOTOSHOP > IMAGE PROCESSOR it saves as .jpg

but if you use BRIDGE, EXPORT > FILE > EXPORT TO it saves as .jpeg, i need it to be .jpg

so, photoshop doesn't export as .jpeg so why does BRIDGE?

It causes a lot of syncing and confsuion prblems due to the .jpg (photoshop image processor).  and .jpeg (bridge export to...)

Grrrrr.... Am i missing something here?

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Image processor , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Hi,

The latest Beta build 14.0.0.57 has support for exporting files to .jpg extension along with a few other features.
For a complete list of features available in the Beta build, please refer to the community post: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-14-0-0-57/td-p/13986216

We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't this fixed with the latest version of bridge, for the love of all things holy?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because its not broken. Both file extensions are valid and equivalent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong. When one is overwiting a file via a batch process, the extention matters. If the extension is different, the file isn't overwritten.

Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.28.14 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they are both valid. You can do a batch rename if its a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrect. A batch rename process will not deal with the two duplicate files. Which file will take precidence? This presents a clear problem, which I detailed. Simply being contraian is not helpful to this community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wes Duenkel  Exactly.  Plus it doesn't take a lot of software development horsepower to provide a .jpg option when exporting. Some of the main galleries and repositories where I post my photos don't accept .jpeg, but they have no issue with .jpg.

Do better, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's indefensible not offering the choice and in addition it's an inconsistent, lazy implementation not to take this into consideration considering that both are widely used and that adobe has always defaulted to .jpg in the past.

People have systems and processes and these details do matter. Batch rename makes it worse, as it creates a duplicate if file allready exists which makes more and more mess.

Slow. Hand. Clap. for Adobe.

This needs fixing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had to install a 3rd party batch file renamer. It is, as has been said, indefensible, that Adobe doesn't offer a .jpg option right off the bat in Bridge. Totally ridiculous, really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a small thing. It isn't. It completely nukes our process as we have systems that are setup for the .jpg extension. There is batch renaming in Bridge but if a file allready exists it will create a new one which trashes workflow as now online images are a mess.

Mark1S whcih 3rd party app are you using, does it have the above feature I need i.e. will overwrite what is there? 

For those affected by this :

PLEASE UPVOTE ON USER VOICE HERE

It's allready at11 votes.. top items seems to have about 30. Let's get this up there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jollyroger44  I use one called Bulk Rename Utility. It has a powerful feature set and yes, it does overwrite the jpeg files so you don't need to deal with duplicates. It is also free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you talking about https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/

it is not a plugin for Bridge, just a question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's the one. It is not a plugin for Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is absurd that Bridge forces all exports as JPEG for some unbeknownst reason.  When we upload JPEG files to our online photo management system, they get corrupt.  The tech support tells us their system only supports JPG extensions.  Adobe, can you please change Bridge exports to utilize the JPG extension please?  It is beyond my understanding why they'd use an extension which is no longer in use.  My Mac OSX literally tells me that JPG is the correct extension and warns me when I try to rename any file into JPEG.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's an inconsistency and major source of irritation and frustration when working with and in Photoshop.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/jpg-jpeg/m-p/12760785

jpeg.png

export-as-jpeg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still stupid. I can't believe that a company like Adobe would allow this in the first place.  Either always do one or the other or always do both... Its just silly to find out alter that my extensions are messed up. Yes, the batch tool in Bridge is a work around but it is bad practice that a workaround is required for somthing that Adobe can do... the problem is consistency. Please Adobe, fix these little issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have THREE THOUSAND images I'm using Bridge to export to change a file size and append metadata. These images are called up from a number of SQL tables and ASPX pages to render on the website. I'm not changing tables and templates to this JPEG extension.

What a mess!  

Come on, Adobe. Please allow JPG extensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 2 years, it seems Adobe is not seeing this, or is just ignoring. LOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The latest Beta build 14.0.0.57 has support for exporting files to .jpg extension along with a few other features.
For a complete list of features available in the Beta build, please refer to the community post: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-14-0-0-57/td-p/...

We would love for you to try it out and share feedback.

Regards,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines