• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Bridge CC so slow?

Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2013 Dec 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure out a way to diagnose why Bridge CC is so slow. I regularly use programs like Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere and don't notice any kind of inapropriate lag or delays at all. However, when working in Bridge it just feels slow. Opening menus occasionally just hangs for seconds on end before dropping down. Thumnails from a gallery I've previously viewed can take upwards of 10 seconds to appear after opening the software. But the most noticeable and repeatable issue comes when trying to select more then one image files. CTR-Clicking a second (or however many additional files) can take anywhere from 5-8 seconds to happen. This, more then anything else, is making bridge unusable.

What should I do?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Hi Jas69, In my case, I followed HappyGuy's advice, but maybe a bit differenly.  My current laptop was migrated over from an older machine using the Windows migration utility.  I went into each of the folders you mention, right click and then select properties.  That will give a window that states 'Libraries', the main window will state 'Library locations:'.  In each of my folders, there were locations that pointed towards my new/current laptop, and two that pointed to my old laptop.  The correc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Hello... so I have also been experiencing some pretty substantial slowness in Bridge that "seemed" to get worse as the newer versions released, but has existed for what seems to be the last 3-4 versions. I'm on the current 2022 version on two systems, a xps 15 laptop with windows 11 and custom built PC with windows 10 pro. Both were seeing this horrible slowness in Bridge and it was to the point that I was researching other options. But I couldn't find anything that could do what Bridge can do w

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 109 Replies 109
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, That did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Thanks. It works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2014 Aug 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. I've had this problem for a while as well on a Windows 7 based system.

I called Adobe Support and they did not solve the problem.

I also tried accessing Bridge from a Guest account and it worked perfect.

One thing I noticed from the beginning is that if I disconnect from the internet it suddenly

starts working a lot faster. I don't get why that is, but definitely makes a difference.

If I am online and open Bridge is pretty much impossible to navigate and explore folders.

It would be nice if Adobe would provide a solid solution to this issue.

I want to try the Libraries solution but I do not see any of the links mentioned on Windows 7.

If anybody can help find that solution on Win7 I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

AD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you HappyGuy, It was bugging me for ages, I don't know how your method worked, but Bridge is how I remember it to be now, so much wasted time waiting on Bridge over the last week. Keep spreading the happiness because you've well and truly earned your name, Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks HappyGuy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 27, 2014 Nov 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, HappyGuy! It was libraries referring to network locations that made Bridge  slow as slow.

I removed all Networked references from Drive and now it flies. So happy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

This is resolving of problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2014 Dec 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm!! Thanks a lot HappyGuy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you HappyGuy. Your suggestion worked like a charm.

It appears that when you have a Microsoft account login that it syncs your libraries. For me, it had created libraries that referenced folders that were no longer on my PC. Deleted them and everything works. Excellent. Life can move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2014 Dec 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is it!  The Libraries!  My computer having the same exact problems, the "Not Responding" super slow 10-15 seconds for anything, etc.  Breaking the links in Libraries to my laptop computer and One Drive did it.  Bridge is flying now!  Have been working on this for months, thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2015 Jan 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The libraries thing fixed it for me too, thanks guys.

I use Onedrive for all my storage so I was a little concerned there would be no way around removing it but the libraries included links to my old machine which were obviously the ones causing the problem! Bridge now works fine with my onedrive folders on this machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2015 Feb 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks buddy, solved my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2015 Feb 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx Happy Guy!!

After searching the web for about 3 hours your solution was the one!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2015 Feb 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep worked for me. No more watching a couple Vines between every click in Adobe Bridge CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2015 Mar 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks HAPPYGUY!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2015 Mar 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked like a charm. Checked "libreries" and I did have one broke link, deleted it, and just like that, bridge is now blazing fast. Not only that, browsing files on my computer also improved.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked perfectly, Thanks a lot.

It is definitely a library issue, perhaps it would help just to delete the libraray-path in the favorites tab of the main BridgeCC window on the left hand side. Instead of deleting all library-paths in Windows. But cleaning the paths is always a good advice. But I already did it as discribed. 🙂

I am using W8.1 on an Surface Pro 3 i7, 512G SSD ... running the Adobe CC14

r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2015 Apr 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its Worked. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this post (No 30), solved the issue perfectly.  An option in BRIDGE to "ignore all external libraries" would be a nice addition!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a genius!

I looked at the directories in my libraries and found a few that were no longer valid. I removed those links and Bridge is now back to its normal quick response!

Thank you!!!!!

Valerie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much !!!!! You found the solution (post number 30) !!!! You're the best ! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yess!! Thank You!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank This work for me on W10 and cc 2015.

I only removed skydrive path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2015 Oct 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your solution worked Great!  Thanks for sharing and saving me a lot of time and effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Happy Guy!!! Now everything works fine!

BTW this is sick that so big and rich company as Adobe make dumb mistakes like this one. The worst thing is that problem is since a very long time and they don't fix it. I got lots of friends graphics designers and almost no one using Br because of slowness. Adobe wake up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines