• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 687 Replies 687
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to specify. The jpeg photo is a photo from a series of photos by someone else that I retouched for him. So not from my camera. Otherwise, I can easily recognize a Raw from a jpeg 😉.

And so the profile list is reduced when importing jpegs, if I understand correctly. But I have another question. Why do I only see "Adobe color" and "Adobe monochrome" in the profile section? Whereas you have more "Adobe Landscape", "Adobe Portrait", "Adobe Standard" and "Adobe Vivid". 

Even with Raw files, I don't have all that. How can I explain this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Why do I only see "Adobe color" and "Adobe monochrome" in the profile section? Whereas you have more "Adobe Landscape", "Adobe Portrait", "Adobe Standard" and "Adobe Vivid". "

The Adobe Standard, Landscape, Portrait, and Vivid profiles are defined for raws only, not JPEGs or other non-raw formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2023 Aug 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Samyang 35-150mm f/2-2.8 is an amazing lens, but there is no correction profile for it on Lightroom (I'm using a Sony A7IV).

Does anyone know if the Tamron 35-150mm f/2-2.8 lens profile is adequate to use with the Samyang?

Also, does anyone know how long does it usually take Adobe to support new lenses, from their release date?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 19, 2023 Aug 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Samyang 35-150mm f/2-2.8 is an amazing lens, but there is no correction profile for it on Lightroom (I'm using a Sony A7IV).

.ARW raw file already has all optics correction data inside... because of ( allegedly ) some stupid agreements Adobe only applies CA corrections out of that full set... use Iridient S-Transformer to force Adobe to apply the full set of optics correction data that your Sony camera puts in raw files 

see

all-inside.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information, really helpful. Too bad we need a (paid) third party tool for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as you do not really  need the image ( which will be watermarked ) , just the tags you can use a trial version and then use exiftool to copy tags ( optics correction ) from one ( linear ) DNG generated by S-Transformer to DNG generated by Adobe tools to use that one  ... but the cost is not much and it is a perpetual license, so I bet you can afford it and then stop waiting for Adobe to create profiles at all

Certainly the inconvenience is to inject ( truly unnecessary ) DNG files into you workflow ... what was the (reason for) most stupid agreement between Sony and Adobe that prevents Adobe from using already present optics correction data in Sony raw files except for chromatic aberrations is truly per·plex·ing ...

most recent example - customers were waiting for a ~ year for Adobe to supply profile for Sony GM 24-70 / 2.8 mark II lens, whereas all data was all the time available ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again for the clarification. One small thing, though: it is a perpetual license, but it doesn't guarantee you future updates, according to their own license description.

Do you know if the optical corrections are specific to each photo (ARW), or can I reuse those optical corrections from one file to another?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again for the info. One small aspect to mention: it is a perpetual license but it doesn't guarantee future updates, so you may have to pay again for those in the future, according to their own license policy.

Do you know if the corrections inside each ARW photo are all the same, and as such we can just use one to get the corrections for all DNGs, or if each correction is specific for each ARW photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is a perpetual license but it doesn't guarantee future updates,

true , but in my years of using Iridient *-Transformers there was only one paid upgade ( v1 -> v2 ) there rest was free ...  in any case, it is your call - I am but telling you that all is in there - except Adobe does not let people use that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if the corrections inside each ARW photo are all the same

??? I am not sure what do you mean but you can download and install a trial of Iridient S-Developer and test for yourself... tags related to optics corrections are very easily checked in output DNG - you can test various lenses ( not only Samyang ), various focal length' and focusing distances and apertures, etc, etc ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

s such we can just use one to get the corrections for all DNGs

of course not - optics corrections not the same (as you vary a number of parameters with any lens and more so with a zoom) - how variable they are you can test easily yourself, but it is not just one set of constant numbers that you can extract once and use for all shots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2023 Aug 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all of your clarifications 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to create a lens profile for a 2x fixed-magnification macro lens with a fixed 5mm horizontal shift. I printed a tiny little calibration chart for it that is about half the size of an SD card.

However, the Lens Profile Creator fails to locate the grid within any of the photos. Can you spot a problem with my setup here?

profile-creation-fail.jpg

I was able to successfully create a vignetting model for this lens using "lensfun" instead, and that works nicely in Lightroom, but I'd like to use the Lens Profile Creator so I can get a distortion and chromatic aberration model too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S lens profile for the Nikon Z6II camera included

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

"NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S lens profile for the Nikon Z6II"

@jose angelp10841710, does the Lens Correction panel in your LR show "Built-in Lens Profile applied"?

johnrellis_0-1692732716132.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Displays the following message: "Cannot locate a profile match automatically"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

@jose angelp10841710, "Cannot locate a profile match automatically"

That message will appear when a lens profile is embedded in the raw file and you've checked Enable Profile Corrections:

johnrellis_1-1692816655376.png

Uncheck that option. If you still don't see "Built-in Lens Profile Applied", then zoom the image to 100% and then zoom back to Fit. A glitch in LR sometimes causes the message not to be displayed, even though the built-in profile has indeed been applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. Works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Samyang AF 24mm 1.8 FE + Sony A7IV

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How apply that in LRC. The lens and the camera doesn't seems to be able to use together in the lens correction tab.

I use LRC v12.4 ande Camera Raw 15.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any lens correction for my drone camera at DJI Mini 3 Pro

Is it possible to import this from "somewhere" or use lens correction for another similar DJI camera.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me!

Camera spec:

• 1/1.3-inch CMOS  Effective Pixels: 48 MP
    Lens   FOV: 82.1°  Format Equivalent: 24 mm  Aperture: f/1.7  Focus Range: 1 m to ∞
    ISO Range  100-6400
    Shutter Speed  Electronic Shutter: 2-1/8000 s
    Max Image Size  8064 × 6048
    Still Photography Modes  Single Shot: 12 MP  48 MP: 48 MP  
    Burst Shooting: 12 MP, 3/5/7 frames
    Timed: 12 MP,2/3/5/7/10/15/20/30/60 s
    Automatic Exposure Bracketing (AEB): 12 MP,
    3/5 frames at 2/3 EV step
    Panorama: Sphere, 180°, Wide Angle, Vertical
    HDR: The Single Shot mode supports outputting HDR images.
    Photo Format  JPEG/DNG (RAW)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I persoanlly feel the Leica SL range lenses missing are a shame. As a heavy SL user I'd like to have the profiles available 

especially for the Elmarit 24-90 and 50 summilux

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@frederikh21372178, the Leica SLs embed lens profiles for those lenses in the raw files and LR automatically applies them, at least for the sample images from dpreview.com:

johnrellis_1-1693374144463.png

johnrellis_2-1693374297856.png

If you're not seeing the message "Built-in Lens Profile applied", then zoom the image to 100% first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony a7IV + Samyang AF 24mm f1.8 FE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voigtlander 50mm f/1 for nikon Z mount.

Voigtlander 50mm f/2 APO Lanther for Z mount.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines