• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 687 Replies 687
Enthusiast ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Thank you for your hint! But there is only cromatic aberation corrections in the embeded profile and no optical.

there is a difference between what Sony+Samyang provide and what Adobe applies... you can use Iridient S-Transformer to access the full set of optics corrections provided by Sony+Samyang and convert them into DNG tags thus forcing ACR/LR to apply all of them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply! That sounds interesting! Since I myself unfortunately have neither the time nor the knowledge to create my own profiles, my hope was to create this by suggesting it to Adobe. DXO has a profile for my combination ;-), but I like Lightroom and prefer to work with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds interesting!

that sounds simply like the way to go... you can't use Iridient S-Transformer alone as it will for now generate demosaicked DNG files - so when you want to use Adobe's demosaick, Ai-NR, etc you need to do a multi-step converstion : (A) generate linear DNG with S-Transformer for the sole purpose of getting all optics corrections tags as DNG tags (B) generate non linear DNG with any of Adobe tools (ACR/LR/DNG converter) and (C) use exiftool to move tags from (A) to (B) and delete non-linear DNG ... as I am using ACR I have all the one in a  neat script that invokes ACR from my raw image browser (FRV) and does the deed transparently for .ARW raw files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

magic of  iridient s-transformer AND exiftool ( to move optics corrections tags extracted by Iridient S-Transformer to a non linear DNG converted with Adobe DNG Converter ) ... one might wish that Brian from Iridient finally recognize the use of adding non-linear conversion to his programs, so we can do a step less

exiftool  ...... -TagsFromFile ...  -OpcodeList3 ...  and here we go

ss-vs-adobe.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouls like to see support for the new Sony FE PZ 16-35mm f/4 G Lens.

Thanks,

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

It would be super nice to have an official GoPro Hero 9 lens profile for raw photos.

It is still a very popular camera !

Thank you,

Romain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like the adobe profile for Voigtlander Nokton 35mm 1.2 III with Leica M Mount. in Lightroom there is a profile for version II of the lens but it does not work fine for version III.

Thanks a lot for your attention

Luca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2023 Aug 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Due to the popularity, a lens profile for DJI Mini 3 PRO would be useful

Z racji popularności przydałby sie profil obiektywu do DJI Mini 3 PRO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It would be nice if Adobe could add lens profiles for the following lenses:

Lensbaby Velvet 28mm f/2.5 Nikon Z mount

Voigtlander 50mm f/1.0 Nikon Z mount

Thank you in advance.

Rgds,

Ken Wilcox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony A7IV + Samyang AF 35-150mm F2-2.8 FE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I just pruchased the Leica SL2 and APO Summicron SL 35mm F/2. However, I could not find the Camera Profile and Lens Profile for the new gears. It is strange as other photos taken by Leica M11 were recognized by Lightroom correctly. Please find the screenshots for your reference. I am using MacBook and Lightroom Classic. 

Please kindly advise. Your help is highly appreciated!!

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Francis

francislau2299_0-1691592135556.png

francislau2299_2-1691592135525.png

francislau2299_4-1691592135506.png

francislau2299_6-1691592135259.png

francislau2299_8-1691592135515.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file name has no extension, could that be the cause of the problem?

It should be .dng for a raw file from a Leica.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The file name has no extension"

You're seeing the three-year-old display bug on Mac LR where the last lines in Metadata panel fields aren't displayed:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-truncated-fields-and-font-glitches-in-metada...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"APO Summicron SL 35mm F/2"

Unfortunately, LR and Camera Raw don't provide a profile for that lens:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

If you have access to a Windows machine, you can make your own profile: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/digital-negative.html#Adobe_Lens_Profile_Creator#Adobe_Lens_Profi...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Leica SL2 ... However, I could not find the Camera Profile"

LR / Camera Raw provide just the Adobe profiles, not the camera-matching profiles:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html#Leica 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, can you add the profiles for Olympus cameras again? Since a few versions of Lightroom Classic, they've been removed for some reason I don't know. I have an Olympus E-510. Strangely, the profile file is in the "C:\ProgramDataAdobeCameraRawCameraProfilesAdobe Standard" folder.

HaraldDeLuca_0-1691653404783.png

Olympus profiles are no longer displayed in Lightroom. See screenshot:

HaraldDeLuca_1-1691653557434.png

And neither in the drop-down list:

HaraldDeLuca_2-1691653582094.png

I've already tried to import the profile but I get an error because it says that all profiles are already imported

HaraldDeLuca_3-1691653732469.png

Here are a few details about the camera

HaraldDeLuca_4-1691653952728.png

HaraldDeLuca_5-1691654033098.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

@Harald De Luca, you're confusing two separate concepts.

Camera Profiles (file extension .dcp) tell LR how to interpret raw files and turn them into pleasing images. You can see the available profiles for a raw file in the Profile menu in Develop's Basic panel:

johnrellis_0-1691682249955.png

As you saw, the Olympus E-510 is supported by LR and its camera profiles continue to be included.

Lens Profiles (file extension .lcp) tell LR how to correct for lens imperfections and distortions for specific lenses. Lens profiles appear under the name of the lens manufacturer, not the camera manufacturer. You select the lens profile in the Lens Corrections panel in Develop:

johnrellis_1-1691682589810.png

Apparently Olympus hasn't ever sold any lenses under the "Olympus" brand. You can see all lenses supported by LR here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html

You didn't show us the precise name of the lens you're using, so we can't say whether LR provides a profile for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really know which lens model I have. On the other hand, it's the default one when I buy the camera.

All I can say is that it's a 14-42 zoom x3 lens.

In front of the camera, he scores Zuiko Digital. I don't know if this helps.

Here you'll find the device's specifications:

Test Olympus E-510 - Les Numériques (lesnumeriques.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2023 Aug 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"All I can say is that it's a 14-42 zoom x3 lens."

The list of supported lenses doesn't include any 14-42mm lenses, unfortunately. Given the likely age of the lens, I think it unlikely Adobe will make profile at this late date, but who knows. If you want a lens profile, you could make your own, as described in the first post of this thread.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But then how come the profile exists in the folder mentioned a little earlier in the conversation thread? Because I remember that 1 or 2 years ago, Lightroom classic recognized my camera's profile.

Also, I had seen that you need a special framing table to create a profile by photographing it and injecting the image into Adobe Profil creator. But I don't have such a board.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can switch to DxO PL - there you have optics correction modules supplied for your camera model (E-510) and Olympus 43 (dSLR) 14-42 lens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"But then how come the profile exists in the folder mentioned a little earlier in the conversation thread? Because I remember that 1 or 2 years ago, Lightroom classic recognized my camera's profile."

Please see my earlier reply:  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-discussions/p-lens-profile-requests-and-information/m-p/13...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I'm coming back here because I've just noticed that the latest version of Lightroom classic has even fewer lens profiles visible in its list.

See screenshot:

HaraldDeLuca_0-1695829801589.png

Here's all that's left as you scroll down the list.

How can I make all the possible profiles appear? Because I have the impression that the more the software updates, the fewer profiles I can see. Whereas they work in "lens correction" in Photoshop.

What's more, unlike you, this is all I have in Lightroom's profile section.

HaraldDeLuca_1-1695829981790.png

How can I solve this problem?

I have some photos from a Fujifilm FinePix X100. Fujifilm doesn't even appear in Lightroom anymore. However, the model and folder are installed in "C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Adobe Standard".
and in "C:\ProgramData\AdobeCameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0\Fujifilm".

See screenshot:

HaraldDeLuca_2-1695830363600.pngHaraldDeLuca_3-1695830447553.png

And in Photoshop it's well recognized.

HaraldDeLuca_4-1695830516411.png

HaraldDeLuca_5-1695830741863.pngHaraldDeLuca_6-1695832087988.png

However, I no longer have the profile for my Olympus camera. I had it once by downloading it with the little utility "Adobe lens profile Downloader" But the latter no longer works since 2018. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Harald De Luca, most likely you're editing a JPEG and not a raw in LR. (Your screenshot shows a JPEG being edited in PS.) Most lens profiles are defined for raws only. 

It's not uncommon for people to accidentally edit JPEGs without realizing it, e.g. your camera settings got reset.   You can quickly tell by typing "i" in Develop until you see the file name in the upper-left corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines