• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lens Profile requests and information

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lens Profiles apply to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic, and the Lightroom Ecosystem products (Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

Lens Profiles are available for a wide array of lenses. Not every lens is currently profiled, and of those profiled, not all are profiled for all camera and file types. For example, there may be a profile for a particular lens and camera mount for the raw file but not for the JPEG. Normally, profiles for JPEG are not supplied unless the camera does not apply a correction (e.g. iPhone, GoPro). 

A complete list of profiled lenses can be found here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/supported-lenses.html 
other helpful info: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/lens-profile-support.html#Supported_lenses 

Lens correction for all Micro 4/3 (MFT) lenses and many newer cameras, including Panasonic and Olympus cameras, and other cameras (including Fuji X,  Leica Q, and Nikon Z series)plus many point-and-shoot models from Canon) happens automatically without any interaction by the customer. A notation will appear in the Lens Correction Panel designating this. 

Note: You should not expect to find any profiles listed in the pop-up notes, because the corrections are always applied.

If you are unsure whether your lens is supported automatically refer to the "info" button/icon on the Lens Corrections tab.

If your lens is not on the supported lens list and is not one of those whose correction happens automatically, you can create your own profiles using the Adobe Lens Profile Creator. Download the Adobe Lens Profile Creator: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/digital-negative.html#resources 

If you desire an Adobe-created Lens Profile, please make your request in the comments of this thread, and be sure to include the full lens model/description and the camera mount you are desiring. ETAs for new lens profiles are not available.

Keep in mind that lens profiles cannot be made for tilt/shift lenses. There is no way to record the tilt or shift settings in the Exif data. A feature request exists here for Tilt-Shift Lens Profiles: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw-ideas/p-lens-profiles-for-tilt-shift-lens/idi-p/12221166 

Note: The Lens Profile Creator is currently supported for Windows and 32-bit Versions of the Mac OS. 

ETAs are not available for any lens request. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products
TOPICS
Lens profile creator , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 678 Replies 678
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like this as well please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just to be clear, the GR-iiix is a new camera than the GR-iii, different focal length. I know it's a confusing name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Fuji X-T20, X-T3 and X-T4 camera bodies. I can not find them listed under "Lens Corrections" in the LightRoom Classic Develop module. I also do not find my Fuji 18-55 mm, 55-200 mm and 16-80 mm lenses listed. These are all popular cameras and lenses, so please develop lens corrections for them. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am wondering if there is a plan to introduce a lens profile for the new Ricoh GR-iiix. I understand that is a new camera and lens, but I recall lenses and cameras generally getting quick ads. It's not in the current build.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would like to request a profile for Canon EF 28-70mm f1:3.5-4.5. Its an older lens, but was a kit lens, so there's a bunch of copies of it it in existance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Requesting Sigma 18-50 DC DN Comtemporary f2.8 Sony E mount lens. It's a new one, but pretty sure many people will purchase this one in the meantime

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need distortion correction for the hugely popular RF 16mm Lens ASAP. 

If Adobe stops supporting Canon lenses as it has stopped supporting the bodies, it will not be worth the subscription renewal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With RF lenses, the camera embeds a lens profile already. Lightroom applies this. You can see that in the lens corrections panel at the bottom "Built-in Lens Profile applied." Since Canon already supplies these profiles, Adobe doesn't create their own ones. This is true for basically all mirrorless cameras and confuses a lot of people. You might see some listings for other RF lenses but those are for lenses where the built-in correction was way off and they did their own. Adobe is widely criticised for not making this built-in correction a user choice. They did make it a choice for the most recent mirrorless cameras but not the first ones that came out. So slightly older cameras still cannot turn off the corrections, even if you turn them off in camera.

Anyway I would guess all your images with this lens are already being corrected. Another problem with these built-in profiles is that Adobe doesn't apply the vignetting correction quite strong enough and you are always left with some sort of vignette. The distortion corrections are usually spot on though. I don't have this lens (nor that camera) so can't judge how good the built-in correction is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is absolutely not true. at least not for this lens. I have the newest version of Lightroom for Mac, just took a bunch of test shots and imported the CR3 files. there is no options for lens corrections available. I can use the geometry distortion feature to correct it myself. but Lightroom is not taking care of it. it's real obvious if you compare it to the JPEGs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its looks "ok" w/ the rf15-35 profile cranked to the max and scaled to 106

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestion -- pull the Lens Profile Creator down - you can either use the program yourself (if you have a machine it will run on... its not supported in latest MacOS, etc) OR -- it includes "test" pages that you can print which can be used to baseline your lenses so you can have repeatable manual corrections, and/or validate whether the auto or built-in profiles are working. Just print the appropriate PDF, affix it to a flat surface, light it evenly, fire a couple test shots, and then check/apply corrections manually. Write down the corrections and/or build a pre-set. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lens profile is sorely needed for the Canon RF 24-35mm. Please add it ASAP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi- 

Canon RF 24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM

It's been out over 2 years but no profile in Photoshop.  Without a profile this very handy, useful, popular travel lens is junk with terrible barrel distortion and worse, conversion by Camera Raw renders the images virtually unusuable.  One is forced to use Canon's DPP program, which is old, confusing, clunky, time-consuming, unintuitive and difficult to use.  Thanks!  

GaryMak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make a lens correction profile for the NiSi 15mm F4 ASPH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point of clarification requested:  According to the Adobe website: 

"ADOBE LENS PROFILE DOWNLOADER

As of 1/1/2018, the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader is no longer developed and is unavailable for download. Adobe's development team adds new lens profiles every release. You can also request for specific lenses here."

So it would appear that all references to the Adobe Lens Profiler on this site is now obsolete and irrelevant.  Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@garymak wrote:

So it would appear that all references to the Adobe Lens Profiler on this site is now obsolete and irrelevant.  Is that correct?

You can still download the utility. The link provided by Rikk just did so when I tested it (Mac build). But it is unsupported and requires some older OSs to run. And making a profile isn't for the faint of heart. None the less, it IS doable. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  So, basically technically it's doable, but in practical application, really it's not.

One of the issues I have with all of this is the secretive nature of these "profiles."  Does Adobe reverse engineer them?  Or does Adobe have a working relationship with the camera manufacturers to obtain official profile data to incorporate these profiles into PS?  This is, afterall, a symbiotic relationship, not an adversorial or competitive relationship.

If the former, it is worrisome.  If the latter, why not?  Who's at fault? As a photographer, I pay good money for products and expect them to work smoothly and well (within reason.) These products depend on each other, i.e., no photographs, no need for Photoshop.  No Photoshop compatibility, camera manufacturers are seriously disadvantaged by the serious photographer community and we'd avoid that brand.  (Imagine a car manufacturer keeping their tire specifications secret, and when you buy tires for your car, the tire manufacturer says "this is our best guess by reverse engineering a sampe tire as to what the tire for your car should be..."  Kinda scary, eh?)  

I'd like a little more clarity on this process to find out who's at fault for the lack of profiles that interferes with our workflow.  At least if we know that, we can put whoever's holding up my work flow on SM blast and try to light a fire under their...underexposed regions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest reading the instructions with the application - the process, at least for when the application was still usable, is outlined. High level, you shoot a series of photos of a specific target and then the application analyzes them to come up with corrections. Is it still how things are done? Adobe would have to answer that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@garymak wrote:

Thanks.  So, basically technically it's doable, but in practical application, really it's not.

For some, doable and practical. For some, not too easy; it takes some work. 

No one is at fault. 

You want clarity, download the PDF expalining the process. It is entirely possible you will find it isn't at all difficult and you may find the results useful. YMMV. The tool exists with the caveats outlined. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@garymak , just to be clear, it's the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader that is no longer available (for over 3 years). The Adobe Lens Profile Creator continues to be available. 

Still, as noted by Andrew, it is indeed quite an involved process and not for the faint of heart. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

もし可能でしたら改善希望

アクションカメラ:Insta360 Ace Pro

ネットワーク:5GおよびWiFi環境下

読み込むリーダー:Lightning - SDカードカメラリーダー

撮影形式:JPG/PureShot

1. Version of the app:9.2
  2. Platform and OS version:iPhone 14 Pro(iOS17.3.1)
  3. Basic steps to reproduce the problem
  4. Expected result and actual result

【現象1】

Ace Proで撮影をして、Lightning-SDカードリーダーでiPhone 14 Proに差し込み、Lightroomを開き「接続済みのカメラ/カード」では「写真がありません」と表示されます。(Apple純正写真アプリも写真は表示されません)

Lightroom_SDcard reader.PNG

【現象2】

以上の状態で、iPhone 14 Proのファイルを開き、SDカードの写真は確認することが可能です、そこから写真を選び右上「選択」、左下「シェアボタン」Lightroomへのコピーか可能ですが、読み込んだ写真の日付は撮影時ではなく読み込みの時間となりますので、iPhone撮影された写真と時間順で並びたくでもできません。 

File app_01.PNG

File app_02.PNG

File app_03.PNG

File app_04.PNG

File app_05.PNG

File app_06.PNG

File app_07.PNG

       

いつも旅に出てる時にはiPhoneに写真読み込んでLightroomで編集していますので、時間順で写真並ばないと整理整頓できず、旅行中では困っております。iPhone 14 ProとiPad mini 6th使っていますので、同じ現象おきっております。

添付ファイルには撮影した写真のオリジナルもアップしておきます。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @m00n747 

In some cases, lack of support in iOS can cause import problems like you experienced (where iOS Photos app does not display even minimal placeholder thumbnails); you're right that using Files.app is a work-around.

If Adobe Camera Raw supports that camera, then Lightroom should be able to import and display images from that camera, even if Files only displays empty placeholder thumbnails.  Unfortunately, it seems that camera is not yet supported by Adobe Camera Raw.  I do not see that camera in the list of supported devices: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html 

I'll merge this request with an existing thread we use to track device support requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon rf 14-35...I sold my 15-35 and bought the 14-35 as I didn't like how heavy the 15-35 is, now I have extreme buyers (and sellers) remorse!!! Please make profile for the 14-35 🥺

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines