• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not running after Creative Cloud Desktop app update

Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to version 6.1.0.587 my copy of Adobe Muse will no longer open.

It partially loads, and then just closes.

In the Windows 10 logs I'm seeing -

Application: Muse.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0000000000DEE917

Followed by -

Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Faulting module name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000060e917
Faulting process ID: 0x3150
Faulting application start time: 0x01da33a19cf3e497
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Report ID: 8266414e-2cfd-4801-b0e4-a5257678bd62
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone any idea why this is happening?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Muse and that makes no difference.

This is a big problem as I need to update one of my Muse websites.

And please, DON'T just tell me that Muse is now unsupported and obsolete and I should be using something else, I'm well aware of that!

I have carried on using Muse until I can find something better, which I haven't yet, and it has always worked fine up until now.

I haven't knowingly made any changes which would prevent it from working, so why has it suddenly apparently failed?

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Engaged , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Thanks very much for that!

I actually managed to get Muse to run late last night too, by forcibly closing down all the other Adobe programs running on my machine. You don't have to have the CC Desktop app running to use Muse of course, it runs just fine by itself.

It's not exactly ideal though.

I will try to open a support case with Adobe about this, now we know for sure that it's not a problem with Muse itself, but with the latest version of the CC Desktop app.

Cheers, Happy Christmas from me too,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

In my experience, one or two of the processes are quite stubborn, and keep on restarting again!

For anyone who doesn't know, you just right click on the processes in the Task Manager, and select 'end task'.

I also went into the Startup tab of Task Manager, and disabled all the Adobe processes from running at boot.

That helped a lot.

Bear in mind that you may well need some or all of them running if you have other Adobe CC apps installed, but I only have Muse, so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

georhansc,

i found the following: Kudos to Adam Mehlhaff from the Adobe Muse Support forum on facebook. In fact, the method he suggested was the only one that worked besides other proposals and I was able to launch Muse, make changes to my pages and upload the updated pages. At first I was a bit skeptical as Adam is on WIN 11 and I am on WIN 10, but it worked perfectly. This is certainly not a permanent solution, but at least I was able to start Muse and make the urgent changes. How did I do? I w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 285 Replies 285
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

excellent.  sounds like a valid work-around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is a lifesaver until they hopefully update cc app with that fix. made the year lol!! thanks everyone who helped and got on this post to assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, I still have a number of sites that I manage and having Muse stop running left me in a pickle... the solution you has got me restarted for my EOY updates 🙂  much appreciated.  Regards Ronald. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much!

We selected  for the adobe creative program  “Uninstall” and after this we started "Repair". We started since this time the Muse program.

It works. Fantastic, we can finish all the open projekts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it on the Mac. Perfect solution! Instructions:
Go to Utilities, select Adobe Installers and click "Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud". Then click the repair-button. The installer is loading. After about ten seconds, start Adobe Muse while downloading. Muse will then start without any problems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for those details, @christophb5306601 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christophb: This is amazing! I'm on an iMac OS Monterey and on 12/16/23, with no apparent system updates, Muse 2018 would suddenly quit unexpectedly upon launching. I then searched this thread and went through it to find "Mac" (not Windows). And I did the Adobe CC uninstall and Repair and then tried to launch Muse. After a longer launch period, giving me some hope, it crashed again. THEN I followed your instruction to launch Muse after just 10 seconds of the Repair process and it launched!! THANK YOU!

Is this a one-time fix or do I have to do the CC unstall/Repair each time launching Muse (still worth it!)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wsyneswhirld 

each time you start muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant!  Worked like a charm.  THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works a treat, thank you, Robbie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ffinlo 

quote the message to which you're replying if you want to help others to use a post that you found helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised but this actually worked for me.  I tried all other fixes like pasting the dll's from another Adobe App, cleaning CC and reinstalling, compatibility mode, disconnecting from the internet and running as admin, etc.  Uninstalled CC App and hit repair then immediately launched Muse and it worked normally!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2024 May 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to uninstall to repair and all it did was uninstall. I have creative cloud but now i have no way to install in?! 
Is there a way to get my coou of muse back to install? I only want to make a couple edits. Oof

anyone ever find a solution to migrating muse sites to a new program? I dont want to build from scratch...  or at least help me access muse again so i can make a few edits. 😞😭

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try updating your cc desktop app, but for others, don't uninstall muse if you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running Muse without CC Desktop installed? It should still work, although you will still be prompted to sign in of course.
If you want to reinstall CC Desktop, the installer is here -
https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/download/creative-cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2024 May 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My god!!!!!! it worked!!!!!! great tip!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you, thank you, LOL. I tried different methods

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

goid to hear!

for others that solution used

start the win uninstaller for cc desktop app > select repair, not uninstall > immediately start muse (while repair is occupying the cc app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually works - sort of...

The problem is that once you restart the CC app, Muse dies. So it it necessary to edit in Muse while the CC is off, save the files and upload to web host or save as HTML for later upload. Does not work if fonts are Typekit as there is no Typekit account active until CC app is started.

Adobe has really messed this up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only works when the repair process is going on and CC is totally disabled. Going into Task Manager and killing all the CC events does not work. Launching Muse starts up several CC processes which end up killing Muse.

It is a real nuisance to have to do this every time you want to use Muse, but better than not being able to use it at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obvious fix for the Typekit issue is to go into the site and replace all Typekit fonts with standard websafe fonts. Enable "show Typekit as Pink" and look for any text with a pink highlight. Replace fonts and save. Uploading to site and save as HTML will then work.

Try to save up all your changes to existing sites and do them all as a batch. Then you can re-enable CC app and close Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my GOD this is the first thing that actually WORKED..... I just want to be able to export my muse site and nothing I could do worked... I love this human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I'm the Admin over at the Adobe Muse forum on Facebook. One easy to find and read forum that has remained fairly active since Adobe shut down the Muse specific forum over here. 

Feel free to participate over there. I am popping in every day to approve member requests.

Best,

Lance Evans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just joined.

I assume it's the 'Adobe Muse Support' group.

My application to join didn't seem to need approval, it just went straight through.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines