• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse not running after Creative Cloud Desktop app update

Engaged ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update to version 6.1.0.587 my copy of Adobe Muse will no longer open.

It partially loads, and then just closes.

In the Windows 10 logs I'm seeing -

Application: Muse.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 0000000000DEE917

Followed by -

Faulting application name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Faulting module name: Muse.exe, version: 2018.1.1.6, time stamp: 0x5d3ed771
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000060e917
Faulting process ID: 0x3150
Faulting application start time: 0x01da33a19cf3e497
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Muse CC 2018\Muse.exe
Report ID: 8266414e-2cfd-4801-b0e4-a5257678bd62
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Anyone any idea why this is happening?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Muse and that makes no difference.

This is a big problem as I need to update one of my Muse websites.

And please, DON'T just tell me that Muse is now unsupported and obsolete and I should be using something else, I'm well aware of that!

I have carried on using Muse until I can find something better, which I haven't yet, and it has always worked fine up until now.

I haven't knowingly made any changes which would prevent it from working, so why has it suddenly apparently failed?

Thanks, Dave.

TOPICS
File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Engaged , Dec 22, 2023 Dec 22, 2023

Thanks very much for that!

I actually managed to get Muse to run late last night too, by forcibly closing down all the other Adobe programs running on my machine. You don't have to have the CC Desktop app running to use Muse of course, it runs just fine by itself.

It's not exactly ideal though.

I will try to open a support case with Adobe about this, now we know for sure that it's not a problem with Muse itself, but with the latest version of the CC Desktop app.

Cheers, Happy Christmas from me too,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Dec 23, 2023 Dec 23, 2023

In my experience, one or two of the processes are quite stubborn, and keep on restarting again!

For anyone who doesn't know, you just right click on the processes in the Task Manager, and select 'end task'.

I also went into the Startup tab of Task Manager, and disabled all the Adobe processes from running at boot.

That helped a lot.

Bear in mind that you may well need some or all of them running if you have other Adobe CC apps installed, but I only have Muse, so that's not an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

georhansc,

i found the following: Kudos to Adam Mehlhaff from the Adobe Muse Support forum on facebook. In fact, the method he suggested was the only one that worked besides other proposals and I was able to launch Muse, make changes to my pages and upload the updated pages. At first I was a bit skeptical as Adam is on WIN 11 and I am on WIN 10, but it worked perfectly. This is certainly not a permanent solution, but at least I was able to start Muse and make the urgent changes. How did I do? I w

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 285 Replies 285
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Dave. I spent a LOT of time searching for a Muse replacement. Settled on Blocs and have been very happy with the choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2023 Dec 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Dave. I spent a LOT of time searching for a Muse replacement. Settled on Blocs and have been very happy with the choice.

By @samsdadgraphics

Thanks, that's useful to know, I will have a look at it!

I know others have moved onto other substitutes, but my main worry is exactly how do you move the site over to another authoring platform?

This is off-topic for this thread of course, but as nothing but Muse will open a Muse site file, the only way I can think that you'd move a site to something else would be to export the site as HTML, and then just open those HTML pages in the new authoring software. Is that it?

How would the HTML files find all the other files that they depend on to render the pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem—"Adobe Muse CC quit unexpectantly"—on an iMac - OS 12.6 Monterey. This is the 2018 version. It was functioning fine until December 16, 2023. No known system updates had been made. I downloaded Muse from CC Older Applications and the same thing. I can only surmise this is on Adobe's end. Is anyone else still using Muse 2018 on Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@o2centre 

did you apply one of the work-arounds?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did- I logged in as "wynswhirld" shortly after my post above and found the uninstall/repair of Adobe CC while launching Muse. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wsyneswhirld 

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for a workaround. I was convinced Muse failing to start was the result of a change in the Creative Cloud app. I was about to create a bootable USB drive containing an older version of Creative Cloud and then turning off internet access when booting to the USB drive until I could disable updates to Creative Cloud. I'm quite sure this approach would work but repairing Creative Cloud and immediately starting Muse is a usable workaround. Hopefully, Adobe will fix this problem. I'm also wondering if disabeling Creative Cloud processes in the Windows Task Manager before starting Muse would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@djames68 

yes, it would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IF you are on a PC, checking your Task Manager background running apps and stopping what looks like something that interferes, worked for me! Lots of fiddling around, and an hour later I finally opened up our site. Yes, hoping that whatever is causing this, will be fixed soon. Thanks for everyone's replies here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ab59712871 

there are easier ways listed here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help needed 😬

After my Muse stopped opening, I read a lot here and the best tip seemed to be to uninstall Muse and click on "reapieren". But that didn't work on my Mac and now Muse is uninstalled and I can't find a new way to reinstall it. I urgently need help. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GabyC. 

you weren't supposed to uninstall it.  you were supposed to repair it.

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesigntools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links**.

---------------------------------------------------------------
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

** this support is currently not available. ie, there's a significant gap (between 2019 and last year) in the available previous versions.

opposition to this decision (to limit available previous versions) has been conveyed to adobe officials who are therefore aware of the problems caused by this policy. however, unless/until changes are made, nothing can be done to legally access these files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, I have received a download link from Adobe Suooprt. Now I have Muse again, but it still crashes on startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to disable (activity monitor) the processes triggered by the cc desktop app before opening muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes 👍🏽, it works! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome. and thanks for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just disconnected from Adobe support... they bascially said... they no longer support Muse so the inability to open it is not  their concern nor will they assist in helping to open it. Pretty terrible on their part if you ask me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@natashax4 wrote:

Just disconnected from Adobe support... they bascially said... they no longer support Muse so the inability to open it is not  their concern nor will they assist in helping to open it. Pretty terrible on their part if you ask me. 

I had this once before when I had a problem with a new version of the Creative Cloud app.

As soon as I said that I was using Muse, they didn't want to know.

The problem is convincing them that the problem isn't with Muse, it's with the Creative Cloud app.

They took some convincing, but eventually they did accept that, and went through the support procedures to diagnose the problem, which was then fixed.

If they say the same thing to me if I have to eventually actually contact them about this, I will not be pleased!

I'm still hoping the issue will be fixed in the next CC app update.

If it isn't, I will certainly be on them, as I am still paying a single app subscription for Muse, and they will be taking my money for something which no longer works as it should!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe's point of view is clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I got Muse to run on an old computer, with an old version of Creative Cloud, have to have WiFi turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do you have to disable wif?  (you can disable automatic cc app updates.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried. Disney work.

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what about wifi causes a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why, but nothing worked until I disabled WiFi.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines