• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 CC Apps Compatibility with High Sierra - Can I Upgrade?

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching the forums and Google for what seems like weeks trying to make sure that everything is going to be compatible with High Sierra before I pull the trigger and upgrade.  All of the threads are clogged up with people using old version of either CS or CC before the latest app releases.  So the question I and everyone I know wants to know is:

Are the 2018 CC apps that Adobe just released compatible with iOS 10.3 HIGH SIERRA?  Should I Upgrade if I have a CC all apps membership?

My goto apps are: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Premiere.  Can I make this happen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everybody for their priceless feedback! I am not updating to High Sierra for a while now - especially since the iMac retina users have had problems (from what i read here the Macbook Pro doesn't have as many issues though?).

Would be nice to get official feedback from Adobe though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm the one who made the original post and feared the worst based on all of the reports (mostly from people using pre-2018 software).  I took the plunge over a week ago and installed High Sierra, and then installed the updated CC 2018 apps.  I have not had one problem.  Not a glitch, not a crash, nothing so far.  Since this is a short week, I will really be taking these programs through their paces now through Wednesday.  Again, I'll immediately report back if there is a problem, but so far, nothing.

I'm using a late 2015 5K iMac Retina with an SSD (which is the only type of drive you can currently upgrade to APFS).

I even had concerns about reading from an external drive, as many of us do, but there have been no read/right concerns there, either.  Even when copying from the old format to the new and then opening, or saving to the new after opening from the old.  Not a bump.

Crossing my fingers I haven't just jinxed myself.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPirate727  wrote

I'm the one who made the original post and feared the worst based on all of the reports (mostly from people using pre-2018 software).  I took the plunge over a week ago and installed High Sierra, and then installed the updated CC 2018 apps.  I have not had one problem.  Not a glitch, not a crash, nothing so far.  Since this is a short week, I will really be taking these programs through their paces now through Wednesday.  Again, I'll immediately report back if there is a problem, but so far, nothing.

I'm using a late 2015 5K iMac Retina with an SSD (which is the only type of drive you can currently upgrade to APFS).

I even had concerns about reading from an external drive, as many of us do, but there have been no read/right concerns there, either.  Even when copying from the old format to the new and then opening, or saving to the new after opening from the old.  Not a bump.

Crossing my fingers I haven't just jinxed myself.  🙂

That's wonderful to know! Glad you haven't had any issues! Hope this continues for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Considering that it took Adobe two years to finally address critical bugs in After Effects that made it unusable on the iMac Retina, I have very little faith in them promptly making things work right in High Sierra. For two years I paid for the Creative Cloud while being forced to use an older version of After Effects (which they suggested as my only workaround), all this while being constantly reassured they were working on it, that the bugs were known and that I wasn't paying to be a beta tester. Well, I was a freaking beta tester for two years. Two years for them to finally finally fix their RAM preview (which is still buggy but at least functional). Now I can actually use the program I paid for! What a concept!

It's going to take a lot for Adobe to rebuild my faith or trust again.

Can I emphasize it better? TWO YEARS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed!!!

I had to re-format my $#%$#%$# hard drive, and re-install everything.

To be honest, I was really super mad at this update, so I decided to back up everything to an external hard drive, re-format and re-intall everything. I lost a whole day dealing with this.

I do not recommend this to anyone, results might be different. Anyways I reinstalled the High Sierra and All of the current Adobe programs and it is super fast. I have a Mac mini I7 with 16GB and faster than when I originally bought it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!

It was just ridiculously impossible to work, so this was the best.

But, yeah. I think people should wait for "solved versions", cause this was too much headache!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if Photoshop CS5 will work with High Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stick with Sierra.  CS5 has not been updated in years and will never will be updated again to make it compatible with newer OSs.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to use photoshop CS5 extended 12.0 x64,but Bridge is dead. I get an instant error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tengo una Mac Pro 6,1 nueva le instale High Sierra y el ultimo Creative cloud y esta super lenta, hay veces que no puedo pasar de un programa a otro es decir estpy creando una imagen en Photoshop y quiero pasarla al Illustrator y no pasa se queda con la imagen del programa anterior. luego no quieren esconderse las ventanas (hide) y ya no es solo creative cloud tambien sucede con Google Chrome que no quiere minimizar. pero depsues de usar programas de creative cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd been thinking to upgrade to the 27" 5K retina, but after reading all the problems every one is experiencing, I better wait. With an old iMac (24-inch, Early 2009) still running OS El Capitan, had no problem with all photoshop apps.

Thanks every one for the info updated.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed High Sierra this week and I wish I had seen this forum before I had. I have had nothing but issues with Photoshop since I did the upgrade. Nothing that stops me from working but some little glitches that are annoying. The one I have at the moment. You know how if you have your cap locks on the cursor doesn't display the size. Well its now as if I have my cap locks on when I don't. I can't see the size of my brush or the size of the area I am cloning. Super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also a problem in that the root account shipped without a password in High Sierra.

A fix is out:  About the security content of Security Update 2017-001 - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded today and everything Adobe is running SLOW like molasses in winter and I've had several programs quit for no reason.  My machine shut itself down and wouldn't recover for over 30 minutes. I thought the battery was dead but when I hit restart one more time It opened and had 97% battery. Nothing is working well.  Wish I had not upgraded.

High Sierra

CC 2018 for all adobe.

The worst problems are with Photoshop.

I am so frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this. It worked for me today as I was clutching for straws waiting for "support" to call back after a two week hiatus.

Hopefully it works for you.

CC 2018 InDesign—Don't Import previous settings and preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, support called back, at 6:30pm on my way home. I don't think the guys on the other side of the world respect time zones. At least they finally called back. The day after I found a fix for my issue with InDesign 2018 on my own. Adobe has some awesome products and everyone I've talked to was very nice and intelligent but they need to be careful with their products and support. The free market has a way of taking care of negligent bureaucracies. Adobe may think they have a stranglehold on all their competition but so did Quark.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) Do not update! I have had to restart my machine 5 times this morning. Once one Adobe program (usually Photoshop) freezes then all of my Adobe programs freeze (Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge) Then if I am lucky enough to be able to force quit them they will not reopen, the icon just sits and bounces. After that I try to restart my machine and it won't even do that because it things that the Adobe products are still open. So I have to hard restart my iMac by holding the button. I have done this 5 times from 9am-noon. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bedankt voor uw mail.

Ik ben tot en met 21 december in het buitenland en heb sporadisch toegang tot mijn mail.

Voor dringende zaken kunt u tijdens werktijden contact opnemen met ons kantoor via welkom@wildemanmedia.nl of 020-3542424

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not saying this will fix it, but try quitting Creative Cloud and restarting it. That worked for InDesign on my MacBook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bedankt voor uw mail.

Ik ben tot en met 21 december in het buitenland en heb sporadisch toegang tot mijn mail.

Voor dringende zaken kunt u tijdens werktijden contact opnemen met ons kantoor via welkom@wildemanmedia.nl of 020-3542424

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you 'quit' Creative Cloud altogether?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been running all of my Adobe CC 2018 apps on High Sierra 10.13.1 and they worked just fine! My computer automatically updated this weekend - there was a patch update apparently  now I’m on version 10.13.2 and NONE of my Adobe apps work now. They freeze upon start up and also cause my finder to freeze so then opening any files on my computer is useless. Then when finder freezes, it does not allow my computer to restart so I have to do a hard reboot which after 4 or 5 times also ends up corrupting with the hidden desktop file & the computer graphics start jumping around for no reason. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bedankt voor uw mail.

Voor dringende zaken kunt u tijdens werktijden contact opnemen met ons kantoor via

(Email and Phone # removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you've updated your OS yet but i'm ready to throw my computer out the window! lol First I upgraded my LR from LR 4 to LR cc 2015.  It was working okay but slow, so I called adobe and she told me that my os was not compatible with the new LR CC and to update it.  So I think okay no problem.  It took 3 hours to update, which I did not read about or realize what a huge update this was.  After it was done, one of my EHD crashed.. or at least wasn't accessible.  I backed up my other and soon after that one crashed, thankfully I had purchased a new one and backed everything up.  As for the OS update, my computer is painfully slow.  Can't open LR without it freezing, can't open Firefox without it freezing, anything I do or type my the colorful wheel spins.  So after 2 EHD crashes, LR not even functioning for me and basically my computer not functioning I'm not sure what to do!  Is it my computer (imac late 2012 8gb ram), do i upgrade my RAM to 16gb?  Do I downgrade LR to LR 6?  I think I'll be taking everything into Apple when I have time. Adobe didn't help me at all! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a brand new MacBook Pro, it has High Sierra loaded, and Adobe CS is running HORRIBLY. I uninstallled Illustrator 2018 and installed 2017 and I'm experiencing the same issues — weird display glitches, the tools not registering when you click on them / I have to click the space bar to reset them back to whatever I clicked on... If anyone has any suggestions on how to work through this I'd be grateful, it's slowing down my process big time.

Screen shots below of how a filled in shape is displaying in Illustrator. If I zoom in or out it changes!

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 11.12.01 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-01-04 at 11.11.50 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines