• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 CC Apps Compatibility with High Sierra - Can I Upgrade?

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching the forums and Google for what seems like weeks trying to make sure that everything is going to be compatible with High Sierra before I pull the trigger and upgrade.  All of the threads are clogged up with people using old version of either CS or CC before the latest app releases.  So the question I and everyone I know wants to know is:

Are the 2018 CC apps that Adobe just released compatible with iOS 10.3 HIGH SIERRA?  Should I Upgrade if I have a CC all apps membership?

My goto apps are: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Premiere.  Can I make this happen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't give a serious advice please curb your Troll instincts. Anybody has the right to choose his working tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had it working with Sierra, but you have to reinstall an older version of Java, which in turn makes some other apps that use java not so happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what apps you are referencing. I updated my Java while in 10.12.6. It just popped up and asked for an update. You may have to go to whatever web page allows you a Java update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded 2 days ago and Illustrator CC 2018 is crashing ALL THE TIME. Somehow, I'm being able to open CC 2015.3 - but after a while, it crashes, too.

It's so ridiculous, I have to do changes in a rush, because seems that it crashes after 10 min of use.

No problems with Photoshop. Didn't try InDesign yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elaine, what type & year machine are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro Retina 15' late 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Setup: I'm running a MacBook Pro 2016 (w/o Touch Bar, 2 USB-C ports, etc.), 16 GB RAM and 1 TB SSD (fully loaded).

I upgraded Adobe Illustrator CC and to High Sierra and my machine completely freezes after about 10 - 20 minutes. No keyboard shortcuts work for force quit the program and the only solution is to nuke the system (hold down the power button).

.. could not be more frustrated by the loss of productivity and glitch b/w Adobe & OS High Sierra (I'm saving my work every 10 seconds and quitting the app every 5 minutes, yet it still happens sometimes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bmg0920​ Have you upgraded your Adobe CC apps to the 2018 versions and removed previous versions? And are you on the latest mac OS (10.13.1)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan,

Yes, it was upgrading to the most recent Adobe CC apps (2018) + Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.1) that introduced this problem for me.

I'm about to roll back my Adobe to CC 2017 to see if that fixes the problem (because you can't roll back High Sierra to Sierra).

I'll keep you posted as to whether this fixes the problem.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT UPGRADE TO HIGH SIERRA!!!  I cannot get Photoshop CC to work with High Sierra and am losing my mind!  I've been able to edit photos but when I click save, Photoshop crashes and everything is lost. It happens over and over and I've tried with Photoshop CC 2015, 2015.5, and 2018.  I'm at my wits end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same thing is happening to me. I’m on a 27” 5K retina iMac with the 3T combo drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF???!!!!!!!!!!!!  AAAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhh.....  #$%^#%^$%^&%%&^^%$  . . . . Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a backup Mid 2012 MBP running 10.13.1 It runs CC2018 apps without problems so far. That said, it's a spare. My main MBP still runs 10.12.6 and probably won't be updated until .2 or .3

This is good advice I got from a Windows tester/user:

Conscientious folks who need critical things to keep working don't just change out a working OS and complain to application makers that their having done so breaks their applications.  They test, they research.  THEN they migrate when it's safe to do so.

That should also apply to Adobe apps. Opt to keep the old version around if you upgrade and keep it as a backup. Sometimes plugins and extensions are slow to update.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I JUST RECEIVED AN UPDATE TO PHOTOSHOP FOR ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD. NO EXPLANATION AS TO THE PURPOSE OF THE UPDATE...HERE'S HOPING!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Photoshop CC 2018, this latest is v 19.0.1: Fixed issues in Adobe Photoshop CC

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two machines:

Machine 1)

15" MBP, Mid-2015, 16 GB ram. OS Sierra.

I installed CC 2018 and everything (PP, AE, PS, AI, AU) runs perfectly so far. 2018 is an improvement on 2017.

I suggest update Adobe but not OS. I've used these apps extensively for the last week with no issue.

Machine 2)

15" MBP 2017 (touch bar) 16GB. OS High Sierra.

Also CC 2018. l installed/set up yesterday and haven't had any lingering issues. There was a crash with PP with I started up and some media was missing. It crashed twice, even while relinking media, but now that I've got it running, no problem with PP or AE after 12 hours of work (rotoscoping, editing, filters).

The performance between the two machines. The difference between Sierra & High Sierra isn't meaningful.

The newer is faster due to hardware rendering AE, but for the time being I'd say update Adobe and wait on OS High Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I have taken the plunge and updated to High Sierra on my production iMac 5K (2015), but haven't tried taking any of the Adobe programs through their paces.  I will report back as often as possible.  I may also start a Slack channel if there is interest.  Let me know.  That way, we can share our experiences.  -Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your computer system like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that Mac OS High Sierra has created so many problems with every version of Adobe CC that I have. The programs close unexpectedly, choke on basic functions, freeze and sometimes won't even open at all (opens and then immediately crashes with error messages of unexpected failings).

My coworker has NOT upgraded and has zero issues.

Really disappointed in Adobe that this issue has not been addressed. I have downloaded all the latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please include your system profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since ive updated. my cursor glitches out. it also wont let me force quit or open any windows. the cursor also lags.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us what your hardware is, and have you updated to the latest apps from Adobe?  I was having the same cursor glitch and also an issue with changing font sizes in the text panel, but the update solved both of those issues.  And that was only on my MacBook Air (i7 2017 refresh)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not update to High Sierra at this time. I work at a university with 5 iMac computer labs and I am not taking any of them to High Sierra until all of the issues have been resolved. That being said, I know people who have upgraded to High Sierra. I did not see any issues on my personal machine at home (MBP 2015), but I have seen issues with people at work. That being said... WAIT. DON'T DO IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High Sierra,2013 later MAC pro, Adobe CC 2018 Photoshop crash my MAC.

NOW, I can do nothing , but shout down my mac again and again..... HELP !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had nothing but issues with trying to even get High Sierra to install on my 2011 Macbook Pro. just keeps having me restart.... Any  one know how help on how to proceed with that??

& secondly I have a macbook air (2015/2016) and it's having issues downloading Adobe CC, (I already have CS6, but it's not responding to Camera Raw files, from a Canon 7D mark ii... Any one know anything about that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines