• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2018 CC Apps Compatibility with High Sierra - Can I Upgrade?

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching the forums and Google for what seems like weeks trying to make sure that everything is going to be compatible with High Sierra before I pull the trigger and upgrade.  All of the threads are clogged up with people using old version of either CS or CC before the latest app releases.  So the question I and everyone I know wants to know is:

Are the 2018 CC apps that Adobe just released compatible with iOS 10.3 HIGH SIERRA?  Should I Upgrade if I have a CC all apps membership?

My goto apps are: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Premiere.  Can I make this happen?

Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In response to the issue of updating Yosemite to High Sierra in order to access the Adobe PS 2018...I am not going to do so. I have two computers. MacBookPro 2014 10.10.5 and A HP desktop. The update

NO, I decided to stay with Yosemite.OS 10.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like that idea of upgrading the CC2017 to CC2018 before upgrading the OS to High Sierra but I was unable to do that as mine came with High Sierra.  Currently my 2018 Premiere, Encoder and Photoshop seem to be working without crashing.  I am surprised at how long it takes to import a project to Media Encoder so much that I almost force quit it due to my loss of patience and my believing its stuck.  Often after a Force Close the project loads up faster.  So for now I have no major complaints but it would be nice to not have to use Encoder 2018 and go to Encore CS6 sometimes (missing the DVD codec and it cannot be loaded due to no support for High Sierra).  To make matters worse ... Apple is Beta releasing the newest OS Mojave!  I believe Adobe might want to up its game on the Mac OS support now or we are going to be in big trouble.  I may have to install Windows in my Mac and jump ship to Corel and Toast because I have seen some amazing 3.5 hour videos put on a single layer DVD that almost rival my dual layer DVDs.  Something is missing here Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's interesting that when you go to make a complaint, or suggestion that you can't select Photoshop as the program you want to ask a question about.  

After updating to it for the second time (first time when it first came out) this weekend, Photoshop won't open half of my old files.

Giving me errors that it's not a valid photoshop document, etc. When others not on High Sierra can still open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3ABNPublishing  wrote

It's interesting that when you go to make a complaint, or suggestion that you can't select Photoshop as the program you want to ask a question about.  

After updating to it for the second time (first time when it first came out) this weekend, Photoshop won't open half of my old files.

Giving me errors that it's not a valid photoshop document, etc. When others not on High Sierra can still open them.

Photoshop Family Customer Community is the complaint channel. That's where the product managers are.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" High Sierra,2013 later MAC pro, Adobe CC 2018 Photoshop crash my MAC.

NOW, I can do nothing , but shout down my mac again and again..... HELP !

! ""

Me too !! with the same problems !! and I have ssd too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed High Sierra on my MacBook Pro 2015, and then updated Adobe CC to 2018. It works just fine. I am hesitant to do the some thing on my iMac 2017, even though it has a Fusion Drive and not the SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting!!??  I have a 2015 iMac 27" Desktop, and after I installed High Sierra I had nothing but problems with plug-ins in Photoshop and keyboard commands that don't work.  I guess you just lucked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you keep regular Time Machine backups, simply roll back to 10.12

https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/how-remove-macos-high-sierra-downgrade-3581872/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really?  Have you tried the liquefy tool?  It doesn't work. Have you tried to use any of the NIK suite of plug-ins?  They work, but when you click DONE, it dumps you out of Photoshop.  Have you tried to create a new Adjustment Layer in Luminar?  Can't do it.  I don't know how you can say there are no problems with Photoshop and High Sierra - unless you're running some really early version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.1 and I am still having the InDesign incompatibility issue with our site license (we have 2 computers on the license). When one team member makes an edit to an InDesign on their computer the other team member cannot open it on the other computer (Error14 message).

Very sorry that I upgraded before discovering this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The InDesign forum has a lot of professionals that can advise you on this problem.

InDesign

Upgrading a perfectly working operating system to a new one that ends in .0 or .1 can break things. That's why I set aside a backup Mac with 10.13 until I am very sure I can move over.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday 1/25/18 I upgraded to High Sierra on my retina imac with 32 gigs of ram. Now premiere runs choppy with the footage lagging behind. I upgraded premiere same problem. Unuseable.... Customer support at Adobe is almost non existent. Only user comments. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WRONG,

You have Highsierra, and Adobe YOU LOSE.

DO NOT UPDATE.

Apple even with paid support. won't support you.

Once you've loaded high Sierra, apple won't even help you unload high sierra

Officially with apple, there's no going back.

I wiped the hard drive, did a reload CLEAN of High Sierra,

Still NO GO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to know this as well. Also, are any of you using SSD? I have Fusion drive at work, but SSD at home. Do any of you know if the CC apps are compatible with APFS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it depends on the upgrade scenario. I just upgraded to High Sierra but before doing so, I upgraded Adobe CC to the latest possible version. Now I'm on High Sierra running the following apps with no issues:

• Photoshop
  • Illustrator
  • InDesign (launched with interesting error messages but went away after relaunch)
  • Lightroom Classic
  • Premiere Pro
  • XD CC

Edit: I'm on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same laptop and after upgrading to High Sierra: Adobe Acrobat Pro issue, resolved after 3 weeks of back and forth with Apple and Adobe; now InDesign won't start, waiting for Adobe support to call back (24-48 hrs) and on a side note, the EFI print drivers for our high-end Xerox won't be up to date for 3-4 weeks and the icons on my dock were not staying in place after restart. That's fixed now with Apple support. So, if you want to go for High Sierra set aside some hours for trouble-shoots make sure your phone has enough battery charge, get you some snacks and learn some deep breathing yoga techniques to keep calm. And may God have mercy on your soul.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have MacBookPro 10.10.5 2014 retina 15" laptop. I have a CC membership and use LR and PS which is not up to 2018 standards due to my computer OS. I've read the posts on this thread. I'm tempted to go ahead and upgrade to High Sierra, but I want to know if anyone backed up the entire OS system on Time Machine?

Thanks,

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend Carbon Copy Cloner to image your old system and data before you upgrade. It will make it far easier to downgrade should HS not work out. Time Machine won't do that.

Mac Backup Software | Carbon Copy Cloner | Bombich Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks gener7 I'll give that a try and let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, no matter what you use for a backup make sure you back it up. I did, thank God and after all the drama, from going to High Sierra, a high level Apple engineer recommended I go back to my prior system off the backup. After I did that I reloaded the 2018 CC and everything worked fine. I have that MacBook Pro with a new employee and they haven't had any problems. We'll upgrade when Acrobat and Apple have finally fixed their compatibility. I am using a new laptop and it is running 10.13.1 without any problems so I think this has been a hardware issue. I'm not an engineer and I couldn't tell you a bit from a bat. I just go off experience both mine and the people I know using these operating systems. Backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.13.4 is the current version. You do need to update that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Easy Fix for Nik Collection’s Recent Crash Issues | Fstoppers

Gener7 I found this link. I am applying the "fix" before I update to HS.

My problem lies in the NIK filter/ PS crashes.

IT works!!! Except for HDR! on that NIk filter...PS crashes.

But, if I need to do that at one point, I can thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Cindy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if Photoshop CS5 is compatible with High Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BRAHAHAHAHAHAHA!  Come on, Dude, CS5, really? 2010? Cars come in colors now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha, maybe the last version he could find illegitimately. I am updating my home system this evening. Not in front of it at the moment but it is a 27" Retina w/ 1 TB SSD (I believe late 2015). Still nervous about with the Fusion boot drive at the office. Will report back if I have any issues with CC. I use the home machine for Steam as well, so I will mention if I have any issues there. If everything goes well I will be updating the other system next week (late 2013 27" 1TB Fusion)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines