• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install cs4 to windows 10,

New Here ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install a CS4 download to a new SDD using Windows 10.  I am getting an error message suggesting a compatibility issue. Has anyone found a solution?  I think could apply to Win 8.1 as well.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

you should be able to install using compatibility mode, if there is a compatibility problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should be able to install using compatibility mode, if there is a compatibility problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this work? Installing CS4 in 10 using compatibility mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it wont install becasue Adobe is all about moaking money so they are blocking the Cs4 from installing so we are forced to buy thier membership

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not block anything from being installed... activation is a different issue

NOTE - The CS2-CS3-CS4 activation servers have been removed from service
-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite.html?promoid=19SCDRQK
-So even if you have a disc or saved download, CS2-CS3-CS4 are completely dead
-Adobe also no longer supplies the special non-activation version of CS2-CS3-CS4
-EXCEPT https://community.adobe.com/t5/the-lounge-discussions/wishful-thinking/m-p/12629144
--See John Waller reply dated 1-1-22 There's a kink in the space-time continuum with CS4 activation.
Although the CS4 activation servers are officially dead, CS4 can still be activated for use on a fresh install on a computer where CS4 has never previously been installed. I successfully activated CS4 myself a couple of months ago just as a proof of concept

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 (and MAYBE Windows 11 ?)
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John T Smith and @traciey43478019 

cs2,cs3 and cs4 are not completely dead.  they can all be installed (on compatible systems) and they will all work 100% for the 30 day trail.  at the end of the 30 days, they can be reinstalled on another computer (or the same one that's been reformatted) for another 30 days, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go back up and see my mention of John Waller saying that CS4 may still work for longer than 30 days... unless Adobe has closed that possibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines