• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Proxy authentication pop up with Adobe blocking entries in host file

New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm on Mac. I downloaded Photoshop trial installer from Adobe site and tried opening it. It opened up and showed me proxy authentication pop up. I don't require proxy to connect to internet nor I use proxy. I don't use VPN either. I am confused what to fill. I tried not filling anything and it says my username and password don't match. I tried filling it with my Adobe credentials and still the same. Any help? (screenshot attached)

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 11.30.15 AM.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

1) Right click on the Finder icon on dock and select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below mentioned command and then hit 'Return' key.

/etc

3) It will open the etc folder, please look for file named "hosts" and copy the same to Desktop screen.

4)Double click on Hosts file , it will open it with TextEdit,

Let me know whether you can see any Adobe related entries inside Hosts file like 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.......etc??

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Home personal Internet connection or Office/Corporate connection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a home personal internet connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Right click on the Finder icon on dock and select "Go-To Folder" option.
2) You will get a text box, type-in below mentioned command and then hit 'Return' key.

/etc

3) It will open the etc folder, please look for file named "hosts" and copy the same to Desktop screen.

4)Double click on Hosts file , it will open it with TextEdit,

Let me know whether you can see any Adobe related entries inside Hosts file like 127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com.......etc??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. That was it.

No proxy (I was right) but the installer couldn't reach the servers so it assumed there was a proxy in the middle, which is fair I guess.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have this problem, but on windows. Is there any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also encountering the same issue, yet nowhere can I find a straightforward, clearly-written explanation of how to resolve it. Does nobody at Adobe speak regular English?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, now I have the host file open, it reads

127.0.01 local host, 

255.255.2555 broadcasthost

::1 local host. ( my question is what action should i take, do I alter the host file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the "below command" mean? Thx so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be missing. After Go > Go to foler type

/etc

Look at the contents of the file hosts

DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING. REALLY. DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING.

Tell us if you see anything about Adobe in the /etc/hosts file and we may be able to help you undo the damage, which is usually caused because of malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Support Community,

I don’t have the process “Go to foler type

/etc” seemingly.

Thx!

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 6.09.22 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're in the right place. Now you need to type where it says Enter a path.

You must type

/etc

Including / at the start and no spaces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yess!Now I can see "127.0.0.1". What should I do next? thx!Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 7.07.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, the question was "Do you see anything about Adobe". So the answer is no. Close the file without changing it, this file is fine.

I suspect you may have a different problem. Please describe it in detail, don't assume it's the same as anyone else's. If you get any messages we need to see them in FULL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that when I wanna use the "comment" function in Adobe Pro DC, the window of "Proxy Authentication required" will pop up. If I then click "Try again", the window requiring me to enter "username and password" will pop up, while, the same, I don't know what to fill. Anyway, the pop-ups haven't interefere in my comment making and file saving, but they are annoying. I really wanna solve this problem thoroughly. Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I see why you picked this thread to post in, Shuzhe, but this was all about a problem getting Photoshop to run, which happened to use the same words. I recommend you start a new post in the Acrobat forum, describing the problem in full. It actually isn't a problem I've seen with Acrobat before, and I've been using it for many years. But maybe someone will know what is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that's it! Thank you for your prompt help!! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lots of entries rellating to adobe in the hosts file. What do i need to do. How can i resolve it?

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 12.57.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultvcaoqt1a0uis 

if there's still pirated software on that computer, they stop working after fixing the hosts file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are using pirated software. Remove that and purchase a subscription to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same exact situation, with the Premiere Pro installer. Support insists I have a proxy, but I don't. It's my home, I have no proxy nor does my ISP. I'm a software engineer and know how to detect a proxy. There is no proxy between my cable box and Adobe's servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing a similar issue, I have just purchased a creative cloud subscription and Have been getting this pop up. I don't have a proxy and have been using my home wifi. I am stuck and have no Idea what to do please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@swaraj0101 

contact adobe support via chat so they can check your computer.  there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines