• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to connect to Creative Cloud .... what is going on?

May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having issues logging in to Creative Cloud?  I cannot access via AAM or https://creative.adobe.com/.  AAM just gives me an error that it cannot contact Adobe, and the web portal just clocks.

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Here's an explanation for the instability, just posted:

Update on Creative Cloud Connection and file sync preview

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/update-on-creative-cloud-connection-and-file-sync-preview

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 133 Replies 133
Mentor ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

skauty12 wrote:

Running the software isn't the issue. I saved working files to the Creative Cloud  in order to pull them up and work on them on my home computer, which of course couldn't connect. It's my fault for not saving them onto a memory stick and using that as a backup. But that begs the question - if I have to do that everytime anyway as a failsafe, why would I use the Creative Cloud service?

Certainly something to consider when considering the "cloud" rental concept.

1.) What do you do if Adobe Servers cause issues with using the apps (not syncing with paid subscription - see various threads of people experiencing this issue)

2.) What happens when all your work on the cloud becomes inaccessible due to a cloud "service outage"? (as discussed in this thread and others)

Both scenarios are ongoing potential problems with the rental cloud concept. In deadline driven industries and with projects your livelihood depends on are these outcomes really acceptable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Skauty12,

Could you please try this step

Rename OOBE Folder to OOBE.old from the location mentioned below

Mac:-

Go/Go to Folder and type ~Library/Application/Adobe

Windows:-

C:\Users\(Your User name)\AppData\Local\Adobe

Relaunch Creative Cloud Connection and it should let you login

Please let us know if this fix the issue or not.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, but unfortuneatly that did not solve the problem. I can sign in but cannot connect to Creative Cloud Connection. Also if I choose 'Launch Creative Loud website' (hoping to access my files through a browser) it shows I haven't uploaded any files yet, which clearly is not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhijit Kr.,

I tried to do what you suggested, but I don't have an OOBE folder in the location you specified.

I do have an OOBE folder in ~Library/Application Support/Adobe.

Is this the folder that I should delete? I don't want to delete the wrong folder.

How did you get the instruction wrong?

Do you work for Adobe or are you just an interested community member?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but you should have tested your instructions before writing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandee,

My Apologies. I missed writing Support after Application. And yes You can delete the folder or rename it..

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhijit Kr.,

Deleted the OOBE folder. Relaunched Creative Cloud. Signed in. Creative Cloud Connection is still gray'ed in menu bar.

Sync is turned on. But files on desktop do not sync with Files in CCC browser.

Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same for me. Deleted the opm.db, re-installed the creative cloud connection app on Mac OS X (it was the right version already - 1.0.5.17). Rebooted etc. still nothing.

I have to say the downtime I have experienced to date with the creative cloud has been pretty poor by the standards of even free cloud drive services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandee,

Please try uploading files from Internet Browser by going to creative.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhijit Kr.,

Do you work for Adobe? Do you work on the Creative Cloud Connection team?

If you do I will continue to follow your suggestions.

If you are just an interested community member, I will have to say Thank You for your interest, but I don't have time to waste on these instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandee,

Yes, I work for Adobe and I specialize in this kind of issues. Currently we are facing issues with Sync and upload using Creative Cloud Connection so if you are able to upload the files from browser please continue the same and as soon as the issue with CCC fixes up you can start using CC Connection.

Regards,

Abhijit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I have been able to get the CCC icon in the menu bar to go black. And it says Sync is turned on. But nothing syncs.

I also see that one of the machines does not have a preference icon in my System Preference window. But I don't think that is the problem as the other machine that does have a preference in the System Preferences window. And it doesn't sync either.

But I am able to log onto the Files window and manually download my files. I am in the process of doing that. And then I will delete them from Creative Cloud.

I just don't trust it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could get my files back from the web browser it shows Ive used the 41.3 megs but I have no files, they were there yesterday... Am I the onlyone having this issue?

no_files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No, you are not the only one. 

2. It's a known issue and Adobe IT is working to resolve it.

3. Your files are not gone - once the current outage is addressed, your files should show up in your account and become available again.

4. I would not suggest uninstalling/reinstalling anything right now - your best bet is to just hold on, painful though that may be.

5. We don't have an estimate we can provide you right now for a fix, but fixing it is a top priority, and every effort is being made to fix it as quickly as possible. We know it's painful for everyone.  Really.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David,

Thank you, but please have them update the status board http://status.creativecloud.com it might help with the flow of forum questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe someone is currently about to update the status board - should be something there shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thank you for the honest feedback. Hope it is there tomorrow morning.

Best regards,

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on Earth does http://status.creativecloud.com say "All systems go." (that's a direct quote, btw) just below where it says "Sync is down."  If sync is down, all systems are clearly NOT go.  Could we please make the status page actually be useful by making it accurate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still seeing this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandee, can you let the rest of us know how you got the CC to turn black?  I've tried all suggestions and mine is still greyed out.

Thanks,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did all the actions of quitting Activity, uninstalling, deleting OOMBE folder, reinstalling.

But it's currently Thursday at 3:30 and I still can't sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now the icon is back to gray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue ever since upgrading to the new version of Creative Cloud. and here we are having to only get Adobe products through creative cloud and supposed rely on it. 

In order for the subscription service its got to work 24/7/365 and its supposed to have fail safes in place so if software or Drive went toasty a new one pop in with 5 seconds.

I was just going to subscribe to the service for web Premium. But if its going to screw up like this all the time. maybe my best bet is to stick with my Web Premium CS5.5, after all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Sandee that is not good!  Mine has never turned black even though I did the same process as you did.  I just can't believe that Adobe is welling to let this go on so long and not file any updates or answers to our questions!  Totally unacceptable!  Fortunately, I just joined for the $10.00 a month PS/CC version.  I definetly will not be syncing anything!  These folks that have lost their work is a real shame.  They should be looking into a Class Action Law Suit for damages and lost revenue.  Actually, for me it's been almost 72 hours that my CC has been grey.  As a NAPP member, I think I'll write a note to Scott Kelby and see if he can put any pressure on them.  Apparently, we as users don't mean much to Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

zeetoe25 wrote:

Apparently, we as users don't mean much to Adobe!

When have we ever in the last few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines