• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 11 21H2: Installation Error 717

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install Photoshop 2022 on Windows 11 21H2.

Error message says "The installer you downloaded won't work on your computer. Choose 'OK' to download the installer that matches your Windows. Error Code: 717"
Pressing OK directs you to install the exact same installer. It's an endless loop.

The Creative Cloud installer does the same thing.

The desktop meets/heavily exceeds all System Requirements.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

May be the same issue I had:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams-discussions/why-do-all-creative-cloud-exe-s-require-internet-explorer-to-install-windows-10/td-p/12499224
Adobe's exe installers require Internet Explorer for some inexplicable reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chaoszero112, where did you obtain the installation files for Photoshop CC 2022 from? 

What type of Creative Cloud membership are you using? Unfortunately, no individual membership is associated with the e-mail address you used to post to this public discussion forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

21H2 removes Internet Explorer, so you guys will be seeing a flood of these when it hits general release in the next few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may just be 2021 and I'm just confused. It's the trial available. But that seems irrelevant. The question was why does the Adobe installer refuse to install on Windows 11. Error Code 717 also isn't on the help documentation.

I have a feeling @ja5F9F is correct. I saw something related to Internet Explorer when I was troubleshooting. I just never would have guessed an installer from a reputable company such as Adobe would hardfail if deprecated software wasn't found. And with a misleading error message that didn't mention anything about a software component missing.

Hopefully this can be added to the error code troubleshooting page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be the same issue I had:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/enterprise-teams-discussions/why-do-all-creative-cloud-exe-s-require-...
Adobe's exe installers require Internet Explorer for some inexplicable reason. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem but in win 10 

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2

OS build 19042.631

i need help plz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably too late of an input.

Similar situation and looked up solutions. Since Microsoft is pushing Edge, you will need to download it.

There isn't a legit option for downloaded Internet Explorer anymore (for Windows 8, 10, or 11). According to Microsoft, "Internet Explorer 11 is retiring on June 15, 2022".

Download Edge, and you should be good. If you already have Edge... I don't know what to say. Other than making sure to check "Turn Windows Features on and off" and look for "Internet Explorer 11".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure that your device has enough space.
Run Windows Update a few times. 
Check third-party drivers and download any updates.
Unplug extra hardware.
Check Device Manager for errors.
Remove third-party security software.
Repair hard-drive errors.
Do a clean restart into Windows.

Greetings,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines