• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative cloud applications keep asking me to login every time I launch an application

Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative cloud applications keep asking me to login every time I launch an application on a same machine.

How to solve this problem?

Windows 7 Professional.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Hi irish sunshine,

Please try to update CC desktop: https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud and let us know if still the same issue.

Regards,

Romit Sinha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Please ensure you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

We also have this solution for the having to sign in on every product launch

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.html

If you're continuing to have issues please post back

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 188 Replies 188
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2014 Feb 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LazzeZee, I just tried that last night and will see if it helps.  So far I am still okay.  But, it usually takes about 2 or 3 days after signing in that I get asked again.

Edit:

I just opened a pdf in Acrobat Pro and a window popped up with "Acrobat XI Trial", "License This Software or Continue Trial".  I do not know why I am getting this.  I am on the Creative Cloud Student license.  Am I not allowed to use Acrobat Pro on this license?

I used to have only the Photoshop CC license.  Then I started Web Design classes and switched to the Student version license this month so I can take advantage of Illustrator also.  I thought this license allowed for use of all the programs.  Am I wrong?

I clicked the License option and I then signed in to my Adobe account AGAIN!  This is about the third time I have had to do this with Acrobat.  Are you not signed into the license as long as your account is paid up; mine is as it is an automatic withdrawal from my Paypal account. 

This is getting irritating.  My money is taken/added to my Paypal account each month; but, I have to sign in more than once a month!  Am I missing a setting somewhere?  If I am, please let me know and then ignore my rant here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2014 Apr 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Photoshop yesterday and creative cloud says its updated but when i click to open photoshop it says my trial has expired. This is clearly wrong, what do I do to make it open to my bought verison? thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Where I was last week, I had no Internet connection and I was unable to use PhotoShop CC because I was unable to sign in. I have recently started subscribing to the Photoshop Photography Program and this is simply not good enough. I'm currently chatting with an Adobe agent, but not getting very far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe agent keeps advising me to licence the 'trial' software, even though I have explained that I subscribe to CC, and have downloaded the full version. I'm just going round in circles!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I was transferred to tech Support. It appears that every time PhotoShop CC is updated, you need to log out of the CC desktop and log in again. I was pretty sure I had tried that, but it seems to have worked. I think the challenge is getting past the first level of support - I know they try to be helpful, but they really didn't seem to grasp the issue. They were insisting that my trial software needed licensing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just amazes me that we're being asked to act as IT people.  I am a photographer.  I understand PS.  I fact, I've used PS since version 2 came out many years ago.  Fix it, Adobe!  Don't ask me to do your job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also think that was an Adobe issueI had that problem for several weeks. Finally I found a solution.

The solution as William said is have to be with the cache.

In my case I have OS X 10.9.2.  and the easy way to cleaning (for no IT users) is with one program. I use CleanMyMac 2, is easy fast and cleans evrything.

After the clean you open PS and of course Adobe will ask for your data. In my case that was the last time, now everything is working fine. Now I have more that 3 weeks without a problem.

Hope this helps for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2014 Apr 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frankly, I think the real problem is Adobe is so concerned that a few hackers are getting the apps for free, that they have built an overly complex authentication procedure. Very few application problems cross Operating Systems like this one has. It is happening on Macs, it is happening on Windows and it doesn't seem to matter which version of either.

Well the truth is the thieves are not dealing with the problems that we who pay are having. The thieves are getting their work done while we who pay are spending hours getting poor support while our real work is piling up.
Adobe, your authentication process breaks things. You keep proposing solutions that only repair what has gotten broken, and not addressing why your authentication keeps corrupting files on our machines.

Temporarily able to work, until the next update of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue but can not delete the Opm.db file as advised.  When I try, I get a pop up window that reads:  "The action can't be completed because the file is open in Service for Adobe Desktop Apps.  Choose the file and try again." - only no Adobe programs are open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're on a Mac open Activity Monitor (in HD - Applications - Utilities) and quit:

Core Sync

Adobe CEF Helper

Creative Cloud

Adobe Desktop Service

Adobe IPCBroker

Then try trashing your Opm.db

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont bother. the world has gone to hell. I have ignored it now for 2 years. You get used to it. Go outside in the sun and hit your head against a wall, it will make a pleasent and refreshing change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Actually, this is a way better and satisfying answer. I heartily agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2013 Nov 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd also like to find a solution for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've the issue with the Adobe Cload Updater. So I so not get updates automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What drives me most crazy about this is how long this has been going on, how many hundreds of posts I've seen about this on message boards and blogs, how many times Adobe has posted ineffective suggestions and still continues to not acknowledge this as a known and documented bug.

It's not that big a deal to have to look up an Adobe password and type it in, every day, every time I go to use Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, AfterEffects, Muse or Creative Cloud for app updates or font sync'ing via Typekit.

My frustration has to do with being a guineau pig while Adobe works out all the kinks to this truly annoying subscription model. If they would just say "We know it's a problem, we're working on it" - it would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeff@seaver.com wrote:

If they would just say "We know it's a problem, we're working on it" - it would help.

Yup. I made the same request in another thread (http://forums.adobe.com/message/6185641?tstart=0#6185641).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, are these admissions by Adobe that there actually IS a problem? Seems like they are aware of one on February 14.
Now where is the lasting fix?
Adobe confession.JPGAdobe apology 2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 14, 2014 Mar 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! So this is the thread Adobe sends me to wherein resides the mythical solution. Sounds like folks here don't believe there is a solution either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2014 Mar 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today is Sunday, 16 Mar 2014. Just today , I've been required either to supply my full e-mail/password or activate my license to Acrobat XI three times ... as well as for InDesign CC (once) and Photoshop CC (once). I don't recall exactly when this started but I think it was after an update to the Desktop Manager some months ago. The biggest annoyance for me is when Adobe abruptly kills an app I'm paying them for before I can save my revisions.

I hate to roll back to CS4 Design Suite Premium (and lose Dreamweaver, Audition, and Premier Pro), but I kept the DVD for just this reason.

Like everyone else on this thread has observed, this has been going on for months. Adobe may have us by the proverbial short hairs with no more perpetual licenses, but some of us can at least downgrade to the last stable product on a DVD and just get our work done.

It's well past time this problem was solved for good. Perhaps a hiatus on "new, snazzy features" and a permanent fix for this more-than-minor issue????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's doing it to our office again - why this really stinks in an educational institution is that when a machine is shared, the guest-users may not have the credentials required to login and use the software; thus, rendering it useless.  This issue now dates back over half a year, which is almost a third of their historic release cycle for the entire CS.

If you're tired of waiting for a solution, perhaps figure out who the analysts are that cover NASDAQ:ADBE and begin sharing your experiences with this kludgy new distribution system.  Ultimately a month-by-month provides them with greater financial stability and forecasting, but it hurts the experience of the customers in this case.  I have yet to see a benefit to being on the Cloud that a normal distribution system wouldn't also be able to accomplish.

Analysts:

http://www.adobe.com/investor-relations/analyst.edu.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I hate to complain the same thing over and over again.

But this is really anoying!

On the same day I had the same issue, that I had to activate my licence again. It already happended, that I was forced to enter my credit card information again. And after every reboot I've to enter my credential into the Adobe Updater tool.

Sorry, there is something very wrong. And it looks like since/because of the subscription licence, Adobe has no motivation to change something or at least to let any information out.

I've the feeling they started with this rent licence model so they are not forced to do something.

They are the dealer now. And we user need their drug. And we have to pay or to suffer.

Regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2014 Mar 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure you have the latest version of the Creative Cloud app installed

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

We also have this solution for the having to sign in on every product launch

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/unable-login-creative-cloud-248.html

If you're continuing to have issues please post back

Thanks,

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, and every time I opened an application I have to sign in and Adobe ask me to register the product again.

It happend 3  times a day.

Is there a real solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2014 Mar 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eMed,

Sorry to hear you're still having problems after trying those suggestions. Have you tried creating a new administrator account, logging out of your current account and into the new one to see if the behavior persists? Having to sign in and register that many times seems like something is not getting saved or changed properly when you complete the process.

Here are instructions for creating a new account if you need them:

Windows 7/8

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows7/Create-a-user-account

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/create-a-new-user-account-in-windows-7.as...

Mac

10.7 - http://support.apple.com/kb/PH4600

10.8 - http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11468

Also, I've heard that changing your Adobe ID password has made a difference in some rare cases.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/account-password-sign-faq.html#manage_account

- Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 23, 2014 Mar 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like, the recent update solved the problem on my Windows 7 PC. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines