• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't stand the new CSS Designer panel. Can I customize it to work like the old CSS panel?

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud DW has many changes to the CSS panel  something I used to use all the time. It doesn't open the CSS dialog when I double click the selector, I don't like how it displayes the properties, it wastes important 'real estate' with 'Sources' and '@Media' and I don't use them... pls pls don't make me hate the decision to have spent money to get this new version of Dreamweaver which has only made things worse... at least let users customize this panel to where it's usable again!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Nithya.MV Wrote:

You can always switch back to the old panel. Ctrl+Shift+Alt+P

Thank you so much!

This works perfectly!!!

Now...why hasn't this been previously noted here???

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 101 Replies 101
Participant ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is I am not versed in the code to start inputting I know font, weight, etc but when I type into the properties area I expect a list of fonts to show up to choose from but that for example when I add Font family in the properties all i see are inherit or !importnat.

The logic is just not there in the process 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you defined any fonts yet?   Go to Tools > Manage Fonts > Custom Font Stacks.  Once your font stacks are in place, you'll see them in Code Hints when you type font-family.  See screenshot.

image.png

For reference, see web safe font-families on CSS Font Stack.

https://www.cssfontstack.com/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines