• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I reset the password for a team member as administrator?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a place to reset the password for a Creative Cloud team member who is no longer employed by us.  Can I reset the password as administrator? 

TOPICS
Manage account , Teams

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 18, 2014 Jul 18, 2014

The password reset Email shall be send to the registered Email, hence the password rest by you  for another seat is not a viable solution.

However you can revoke the invite & assign it to any of the existing employee.

To activate the seat, that Adobe ID needs to accept the invite & then log out of the CC Desktop App & log back in of the new assigned Adobe Id.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The member who has been assigned the seat can reset the password for his seat. As an Administrator, you can send & revoke invite but not reset the password.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an open workstation with multiple people using it, and one of them has left. I don’t want to start over but I want to change the password so only current employees can use that seat. Suggestions?

Mike Alsup

Kiku Obata & Company

6161 Delmar Blvd., Suite 200, St. Louis, MO 63112

Direct 314.505.8463 Fax 314.361.4716

www.kikuobata.com

The content of this email is the confidential property of Kiku Obata & Company and should not be copied, modified,

retransmitted, or used for any purpose except with Kiku Obata & Company’s written authorization. If you are not the

intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify us immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The password reset Email shall be send to the registered Email, hence the password rest by you  for another seat is not a viable solution.

However you can revoke the invite & assign it to any of the existing employee.

To activate the seat, that Adobe ID needs to accept the invite & then log out of the CC Desktop App & log back in of the new assigned Adobe Id.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't care what you want, they provide you what they want to provide you and you have to live with it, like it or not.  That is what they keep telling us over and over and over again through this forum for years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2016 Mar 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who's dumb idea was that.  Account Administrators need to be able to reset passwords for team members.  Also your (Adobe) account recovery idea with a cell number is just as stupid.  We don't put personal cell numbers in company software accounts.

Kirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2016 Sep 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. That is completely and utterly asinine. Adobe will probably fix it... in a few years as per their usual time of giving a crap about their customers whom they charge an arm and a leg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this an old post. I couldn't agree more. 2018 and we're still struggling with adobe to do something. I have wasted numerous hours creating accounts, sending invitations, setting up accounts and revoking them when users leave in multiple large environments.

Called Adobe support on multiple occasions for the past few years and they still have not added this simple feature to reset passwords and to just simply create an account without the need for invitations as no admin wants users to have logins  or control over any account of any kind regarding company owned software where the logins can be exploited or misused. Administrators keep logins and accounts and documents them not users.

Bottom line: Adobe software installation and user assignment has become a waste of time and a nightmare for administrators everywhere. I haven't not met a single admin to say anything good about Adobe's waste of time policies. Costing company time and money.

Someone needs to do something. I can create 100 Microsoft office 365 user accounts in the same amount of time to just create one or two users in Adobe, send the invitation, accept it, setup the account, then download the software.

Sam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to reset a members password. They can do by themselves. When a user leaves the company, his license assignment can be revoked.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a need to reset a members password, its easier then explaining to them the long process of how to reset their own adobe password in most cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ANd again: There is no need! And it’s not a long process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And again, there is a need, you may not need it or want it, but the rest of us are requesting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't tell me what i do and do not need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, not a long process... Except for when your awful mail server takes hours or DAYS to send a reset password. As of right now, it's been 26 hours since I requested the last reset password. You guys are the ones that randomly logged her out of her account and now she can't perform essential duties. This is truly infuriating. The last two requests took several hours and by the time the employee got the access code to reset the password, the time had expired because she used the first one. Now, she's been waiting with the reset window open in the background for 26 hours. With the amount of money you crooks charge for this application, you'd think you could afford to run a mail server. I work for a healthcare organization that built a process around editing .pdfs using your application which has clearly been a mistake. Patients are not being seen as quickly as they should because of this brilliant reset process. Get it together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, there are many reasons why admins want to control the user's passwords. Please stop defending the indefensible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here it is Oct 2019 and we still can't. Case in point - Terminating an employee who has company data/work product in his Adobe cloud, as one would expect, and what Adobe pushes. No way to block/safeguard the ex-employee from the company data other than I log on as the employee with the account password ( if I'm lucky) and back-up and delete company data. Eliminating just the Acrobat Pro license is not enough.

Contrast this to the multitude of legal options Office365 allows Administrators to utilize with Outlook and OneDrive when an employee terminates. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very stupid. Administrator should be able to reset the password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be a nice feature to give the Administrator the power to reset passwords, without revoking the license(seat) of a user. I can see this being key in labs, and in companies with temporary workers.

Thanks for your response.  Please put on the new feature request list.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with everyone else...you have to provide admin's the ability to reset user passwords. I can't think of a single software or other service where an Admin Console is available that the admin cannot reset the user password. I'm dumb-founded by this lack of a basic feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a request since 2014 and Adobe still has not added it even though it's members are screaming for it.  Which either means they don't know how to implement it in their environment, or they just simply don't care what user base is requesting, I opt for the later, Adobe just doesn't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe may be cares of more important things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the problem, they don't care for the requests of the majority who are asking for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know that a « majority » is asking for it?

• users can use Adobe provided tools to reset their password.
  • allowing admins to reset passwords could consider a violation of the privacy laws and rules.
  • there are activities attached to Adobe id’s that are not related to the teams subscription.
  • the Adobe id is the personal property of the person attatched not of the subscription owner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adambo,

I appreciate that adobe thinks that they are providing sufficient tools to manage accounts but I don't think you (or adobe) understand the needs of large organizations, especially schools.  For an educational institution providing access to adobe products for instructional use, the organization owns the email accounts, ids, logins, etc.  The institution has responsibility for maintaining the accounts and is liable for activity of those accounts.

• users can use Adobe provided tools to reset their password.
    • Response: That may be true but it is not adequate.  Administrators would need to sit down with hundreds of incoming students every year and walk them each through this process.  Students forget passwords or may not bother to reset them before class.  Denying the administrators the ability to reset passwords denies them the ability to have learning environments set up and ready to use.
  • allowing admins to reset passwords could consider a violation of the privacy laws and rules.
    • Response: That may be true in some places but institutions typically have internal policies that allow admin access to personal data. 
  • there are activities attached to Adobe id’s that are not related to the teams subscription.
    • Response: For an educational institution adobe products are provided for instructional use.  Other "activities" may violate the institutional policies.  Admin access is necessary to monitor compliance with policies or to investigate inappropriate behavior.
  • the Adobe id is the personal property of the person attatched not of the subscription owner.
    • Response:  Again, for an educational environment where access to adobe products is being provided to students, the institution should be the responsible owner of the email account, adobe id, and anything else that the school provides. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2019 Jul 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

geoffw13809500  wrote

(...) understand the needs of large organizations,(...)

Large organisations can use single sign on, have complete control of cloud space usage etc. As I am admin of a small teams group, I do not have that option and I can't tell you how it works.

Students forget passwords or may not bother to reset them before class.

Why should they reset their password before class? As of my information, for lab computers you can define device locked licenses without the need of an Adobe id.

Response: That may be true in some places but institutions typically have internal policies that allow admin access to personal data.

That's illegal where I live. Personal data can only be accessed in rare and well documented cases. One of that cases is that parents can control e-mails and systems of K-18 children. That locks out teachers and administrators!

But arguing about the sense or non-sense of a specific feature is not my aim. As you feel you need a feature as that, you may add your suggestions via https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines